Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Country Bear Christmas Show in the I Remember... forums; Does anyone here remember the Country Bear Christmas Show? I only got the opportunity to work one time at the Xmas special during my tenure at CBJ/TSI, then all of ...
    thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder

Country Bear Christmas Show

Does anyone here remember the Country Bear Christmas Show? I only got the opportunity to work one time at the Xmas special during my tenure at CBJ/TSI, then all of a sudden one year it was gone. Apparently the uppers thought it wouldnt bring in too much of a crowd, and buying the rights to the music used for the show wasnt "worth it"......put it like this, on a regular summer day we would be lucky if we get a 2 show waiting line, for the xmas show we were backed up at least 3 shows one day and we were putting in as many guests as we could, and at some points putting in to many!

Take it from someone who has worked there........the xmas show was WORTH IT!

Wink

To add on to the thread starter, the amount of staff needed on a daily basis for the christmas special was always DOUBLE what we needed to operate a regular day. Now when a cast member works Country bears, he or she also gets trained to operate the TSI rafts; as it operates on one rotational staff each day. I remember the one day i was scheduled to work at BTMRR, and i got pulled over to operate rafts because of the straffing for CBJ, and then i wound up docking the extra raft to pick up a position over at Grizzly Hall........so tell me, WHY is it NOT worth it?

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    I remember the show. I loved seeing both the regular, and Christmas editions of the show and really wish I could see the Christmas edtion once again.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I really miss the Christmas show.

They have a video of the Christmas show on YouTube, I usually watch it a few times when it gets to be around that time of year.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Yeah.......I watch it on Youtube a few times in the season too......but alas they still have not brought the show back to life.......hopefully soon though. Maybe we should all start a petition??
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

WDWLocal is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Country Bear Christmas Show

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman04-07 View Post
    Yeah.......I watch it on Youtube a few times in the season too......but alas they still have not brought the show back to life.......hopefully soon though. Maybe we should all start a petition??
    Well, a Facebook group devoted to that cause was started quite recently. The link is:

Bring Back the Country Bear Christmas Show! | Facebook

You can also find a list of recommended addresses to send letters to regarding the issue. After all, written letters are more likely to get taken seriously than e-mails.

Also, let's hope that the removal of the CBJ's Xmas show is just a temporary economy-related cutback and that it'll be eventually reinstated when the economy heals.

TheBoxingGuru is offline A-Ticket holder

I never saw the Christmas version, but we went in April and it was my parents first time... when the trip was over, they RAVED about the Country Bear Jamboree... it was their FAVORITE ATTRACTION! We were blown away!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I've seen the regular show, the vacation show, and the Christmas show. I wish they would change back to these other versions again, too.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i have seen the christmas version and thought it was excellent... really wish that this could come back...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Its been 4 years.....i think we should get ppl writing to the executives at the resort to bring it back.....consumer pressure is a big thing to the high ups
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports

this is extremely true... we can pull it here...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

I really love the “Country Bear Christmas Show”! I remember every moment and would like to see it again during our 2010 Christmas tour. Country Bear Show’s Christmas version is really lovable and I think everyone (who has been there during Christmas) would like to see it again and again…

Best Regards,

it just seems wrong to go there during the holidays and see the regular old Country Bears...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Yeah I miss my Holiday bears.......i wrote an email to the imagineering offices....maybe i will get me a response...... my girl wants the xmas bears back tooooo

Major Dude is offline C-Ticket Holder

Although we do love that silly ol' bear here on the west coast, I sure do miss Zeke and Zeb and Ted and Fred and that bear named Tennessee.

The Christmas show is sorely missed. Nothing says Happy Holidays like Wendell (Aw heck. It ain't even loaded) puttin' a couple of rounds in the wall.
    BareFozzie in the box

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast