Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Who's with me?? in the I Remember... forums; Okay.. I may get some negative feed back here BUT I'm a strong person.. I can handle it!!! So Bring it on!!! Anyway... I have to ask... Who would like ...
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning

Who's with me??

Okay.. I may get some negative feed back here BUT I'm a strong person.. I can handle it!!! So Bring it on!!! Anyway... I have to ask... Who would like to see Buzzlightyear take off to bring back the old Delta Dreamflight?? I loved that ride. It was one of my all time favorties!! It was so Cheesy but so good!!!..... Anyone on my side??

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Never did Delta Dreamfight, so I can't comment. I do like Buzz lightyear though.

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Bringing back Dreamflight would definitely be an improvement over Buzz, IMHO. But my vote would have to go to bringing back If You Had Wings. That one ranks way up near the top of my all time favorite list (just behind Mr. Toad, my favorite ride ever!!)... Dreamflight was cool though.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    what was Dreamflight?

I LOVED Dreamflight! It's one of my all time favorites and have great memories of riding it with my Grandmother when I was little. Although...my Son would be VERY upset if they removed Buzz! So my vote is to add Dreamflight back into the park (or any park for that matter) somewhere else! I am one of those who hate to see old attractions removed or revamped. I do not mind getting new ones...just leave the old ones alone. RIP Mr. Toad!!!!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Sorry, but as much as I loved the ride in its many forms it will never come back. It was a throwback to the old World Fair rides developed by Old Disney that unfortunately New Disney is trying to do away with.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I never did dreamflight, but on behalf of my son, taking out Buzz would destroy him! He LOVES this ride and is his fav at the MK. Of course, some people loved the 20,000 leagues ride, and THAT is gone as well, so....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I know I've ridden at least one version of DreamFlight/If You Had Wings, but other than riding in an omnimover past plane-themed flat displays, I don't seem to remember much about it. It was pleasant enough, and had nice A/C, but do you really think it would appeal to kids of this day & age who have been raised on video games? My whole family loves the Buzz ride (except maybe for that nauseating spinning tunnel part) and enjoy the chance to interact with the attraction rather than just passively watch.

That said, I wouldn't encourage Disney to make another ride like Buzz with a different theme (a la Star Tours/Body Wars), nor load up the parks with nothing but thrill rides. A little something for everyone keeps the whole family happy.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Ha! I loved dream flight also... but I do like the new Buzz ride better. The spinning tunnle is the only thing left over from the dreamflight.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewdwfan
    Ha! I loved dream flight also... but I do like the new Buzz ride better. The spinning tunnle is the only thing left over from the dreamflight.
    Question - Wasn't that effect used in Dreamflight to make it seem as if you were going into the fans of jet engines? I have some kind of odd memory of that, maybe it has nothing to do with WDW!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Let me just say this:

If you had wings,
    you could do anything

You can widen your world
    If you had wings

If you had wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings.
    If yooooooooooooooooooooooooou had wings.
    If you had wings
    had wings
    had wings
    had wings

'Nuff said
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

tiggerguy is online now WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Let me just say this:

If you had wings,
    you could do anything

You can widen your world
    If you had wings

If you had wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings.
    If yooooooooooooooooooooooooou had wings.
    If you had wings
    had wings
    had wings
    had wings

'Nuff said
    I thought Lou was singing again, just about the time this was posted power to my work computer spiked and caused a meltdown
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Never did Delta Dreamfight, so I can't comment. I do like Buzz lightyear though.
    I also can't comment because I never heard of Delta Dreamfight until now. But I will say that the Buzz ride should go to the far reaches of space and not come back

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    The way I see things...... Disney (at least the MK) should stay true to it's roots... I know people are always looking for bigger and better but I love the old and comfortable. If all you want is thrill rides then go to Universal!!!

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    The way I see things...... Disney (at least the MK) should stay true to it's roots... I know people are always looking for bigger and better but I love the old and comfortable. If all you want is thrill rides then go to Universal!!!
    I couldn't agree more! Although, as a long-time employee on Kongfrontation over at Universal, it made me really sad to see that one go. Anyway, I was thinking the other day, and I came up with an idea... too bad we could never actually sell Disney on it. They need to build a new "Classics" park, and move all of the old rides that we loved over there. From 20K to Mr. Toad to Magic Journeys, as a ride that was popular with fans became "obsolete" or "outdated" it could simply be moved to the new park. That way, Eisner and co get to keep churning out the "newer" and "better" thrill rides, and we get to keep our old favorites. What do you guys think?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast