Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Walt Disney World Lament in the I Remember... forums; Let's take a stroll down memory lane for a moment. For those of you who have a favorite attraction that is now extinct and really miss it, this is the ...
    redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

Smile Walt Disney World Lament

Let's take a stroll down memory lane for a moment. For those of you who have a favorite attraction that is now extinct and really miss it, this is the thread for YOU. Here you can post your favorite lost attraction, why you loved it, and what special memories you have of it.
    -Zac

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I really miss the old Mickey Mouse Revue and was sad to hear that it would once again be closing in Tokyo. I always loved when the orchestra played the Mickey Mouse March and when the Three Caballeros came jumping up from the balcony playing their song.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    "If You Had Wings".................My Dad loved this and we still talk about riding it to this day. I bought him a DVD tribute to this attraction on e-bay and as soon as the theme song started playing and the Eastern Airlines logo popped up, a big grin spread right across his face.

Every time I go through the tunnel on Buzz Light Year's Space Ranger Spin, I think of how happy that ride made him.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    I miss Horizons. We went to it on our first family trip when the kids were tiny. It just represented that perfect escape spot for a first magical trip.

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I miss the play area that used to be set up on the second floor of Journy into Imagination. Though when they took us up there for our orientation for the 2008 Food and Wine Festival I saw that quite a bit of the stuff is still up there, only in a depressing worn down sort of way though
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    i miss Body Wars and Cranium Command. those were so awesome. i oftenthink how creepy it would be to walk into CC now in the dark and see that kid in seat just sitting there...

ooooooOOOOOOoooo....
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Definitely agree with Cranium Command. It wasn't much to look at and definitely dated due to the clothing and hairstyles shown, but the script and SNL actors were hilarious, and the way the story was told was a clever gimmick.

I also miss Alien Encounter. I know not everyone liked it. I agree it was definitely out of place in the Magic Kingdom, but the attraction itself was one of the best sensory experiences up to then. Genuinely scary.

This will probably illicit a few "huh"'s, but I miss the Stave Church exhibit. The church is still there, but the actual exhibit about stave churches has been replaced I think last year. Theme parks can get chaotic, even Epcot, yet in that tiny space was a wonderful little place of reflection that most people missed.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Walt Disney World Lament

Although the Animation Tour is still around, I miss seeing the animators at work. And did they close the Backlot Tram Tour? I remember reading a rumor about that. It's really sad how they kept whittling it down, taking out things here and there and never really adding anything new (unless you count occasional prop changes in the Boneyard). It was never nearly as good as Universal Hollywood's tram, but it had definitely seen better days.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Mrs Potts is offline D-Ticket Holder

I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. My grandma and I used to ride this together and laugh hysterically when it looked as though we were going to crash into things!
    Disney Dreamin'

Artist78 is offline A-Ticket holder

I miss River Country and 20,000 League's Under the Sea. I had so many fun times at River Country that I even though I love going to TL and BB I just don't get that same feeling as I did at River country. I don't really remember much from 20,000 League's but I do remember that it was one of my favorite rides when I went to WDW for the 1st time in 1991.
    Total Trips to Disney World: 13
    Last Trip To Disney World: 05/2012 - Beach Club Resort
    Next Trip To Disney World: 09/2014 - Art Of Animation

ms_minnie is offline A-Ticket holder

I have fond memories of lost EPCOT attractions from when I was a kid...Kitchen Cabaret, Body Wars, Cranium Command...

Disney Bride to the Wonderful Soarin' Puddy

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I miss the whole Wonder of Life. I remeber spending a good 2 hours in there our first trip due to rain. I loved the x-ray things that made it look like your body was made out of tinker toys, hangers the last one I forgot.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

lizardlynn92 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I miss the old version of Spaceship Earth. To me, the new updated version isn't as good. The old soundtrack and narration was so much better, and thank god i have it on my ipod so I can re-listen to it over and over again!! They even took out my favorite parts/scenes of the ride, you know, where they show the people around the world communicating (like the doctor and the patient or something like that). Oh well, I'll just have to live with my ipod songs and youtube videos.

Four Parks
    One World

There is just one moon
    and one Golden Sun
    And a smile means
    friendship to
    everyone

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

I know what you mean. I like Judy Dench, but the old narration is way better. That guy had a very ominous voice, that captured the mood well.
    -Zac

lizardlynn92 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I know right!?!
    His voice made me want to listen and learn during my vacation =)

Four Parks
    One World

There is just one moon
    and one Golden Sun
    And a smile means
    friendship to
    everyone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast