Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss WOL pavillion @ EPCOT in the I Remember... forums; Steph - I absolutely agree....and something along the body, health lines would be different. Of course, that would make it Wonders of Life....
    M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Steph - I absolutely agree....and something along the body, health lines would be different. Of course, that would make it Wonders of Life.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Honestly, I really don't remember much about it. I did ride Body Wars once in 1993, but nothing else from the lace sticks with me. Nonetheless, I hate how empty that side of the park is with the WOL closed, as well as the Universe of Energy...on my last trip, it just seemed like a colossal waste of space.
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: WOL pavillion @ EPCOT

miss so many rides
    J&J

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

The only thing from WoL I remeber is the x-ray things that you have tinker toys or hangers, my first trip I thought that was so cool. My family spent the like 2 hours in there because it rained the whole day.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House

I really miss Cranium Command. That was Imagineering at its best. From the pre show cartoon through the audioanimatronic show it was funny, entertaining and unique.

I wish Disney would get back to more attractions like this instead of developing attractions that are built around off-the-shelf rides from other companies.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Duchess99 is offline A-Ticket holder

I miss Cranium Command and all the fun stuff to do in the pavilion. Those exercise bikes that you could ride through the Magic Kingdom were a lot of fun!
    Sarah
    "Everybody wants to be a cat!!"

9/09-AKL **Honeymoon**
    2/07-SS
    3/04-AKL
    5/01-DL Paris
    3/01-WLV
    12/00-Off-Site
    1/99-AS Music
    2/97-AS Sports
    2/95-AS Music
    6/93-OKW
    11/92-Off-Site
    3/92-Dolphin/Contemporary
    3/91-Swan
    3/90-Swan
    And many times prior...

neverland23 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Crainium Command was so good!! The general was so funny! We should start a petition bring WOL back!

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder

Most of all, I miss "Goofy About Health" I thought it was just terrific, blending clips of classic Goofy cartoons into a cool message. On Saturday night, I saw the starting of Goofy Gymnastics on TV, with Goofy falling into his apartment at the end of a long day. Made me miss it all over again!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

WOL was open during my trip to WDW a couple of years back, though totally deserted. I was happy because I got to take some great shots of the signage and interior before they started emptying the place out. Never really enjoyed the rides inside (too long, too boring, and Body Wars was Star Tours but on crack). I do miss the music, though. I remember walking through the pavillion one day and hearing Ray Lynch. I love his music and figure I had to be the only person in WOL at that moment who actually owned his album.

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

I LOVED Wonders of Life! Cranium Command was my favorite attraction as a kid! I loved the bikes and the x-ray machines to!
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

malt is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewgator View Post
    I loved that section of WoL too. It was a great place just to walk around and cool off. It was never too crowded in there either so it was a nice little quite spot to recharge and see some cool stuff.
    Agreed, also, I'm sure a lot of you remember the ''sea'' (i think thats what is was/is called) before the nemo thing came in, use to be that big dive suit etc, this was back in '91

coconut wireles is offline B-Ticket Holder

I got to visit WOL during soft opening. Making of Me was not open yet and CC still had some of the shots in sketch form. Next time I visited the parks, the Pavilion had been shut down.
    Host of the Meandering Mouse Club TV and Trapped in Paradise video podcasts.

Hong Kong and Tokyo Disneyland Resort June 2007, Walt Disney World December 2007, Disneyland (Original Anaheim Kingdom) May 2009, Disneyland Paris Resort October 2008.

Veteran of all 11 global theme parks

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

I never had the chance to visit it. But I got a DVD all about it. So that made me miss it.

hbk1313 is offline A-Ticket holder

I was actually just thinking about this "empty pavilion" the other day. I think it would be a great home for a Wall-E themed attraction. You do something about conservation, future Earth, etc and the theme would tie-in in pretty nicely with Mission Space, etc.

As for my recollections of WOL, I remember Body Wars. I remember thinking it was the less cool version of Star Tours. I also remember Disney getting a lot of flak about the Making of Me movie.

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by hbk1313 View Post
    I was actually just thinking about this "empty pavilion" the other day. I think it would be a great home for a Wall-E themed attraction. You do something about conservation, future Earth, etc and the theme would tie-in in pretty nicely with Mission Space, etc.

As for my recollections of WOL, I remember Body Wars. I remember thinking it was the less cool version of Star Tours. I also remember Disney getting a lot of flak about the Making of Me movie.

Great Idea. I just hope they put something in it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast