Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss WOL pavillion @ EPCOT in the I Remember... forums; Anyone else miss it as much as I do?...
    StephlovesWDW is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Buffalo, New York- too far and too cold to be remotely considered anywhere near central Florida :(

WOL pavillion @ EPCOT

Anyone else miss it as much as I do?

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I really miss it as well. I'm pretty sure that this was posted on another forum, but someone took some pictures of it in there when they were there for the Food and Wine Festival. Since it was late on a weeknight and it was raining, they were the only guest in there. It was really sad to see all of the attractions with catering things piled up in the queues and how they were all blocked.

I loved spending time in the WOL pavillion. I have this really vivid memory of when I was on my first trip to Disney (5 years old) and there was a section where you could only touch something to "see" it. I loved it! I also loved the touch-this-thing-that's-so-cold-it's-hot as well.

My favorite thing in there was the bikes that you could watch a screen that made it look like you were going somewhere as you peddled. Sure, I can do the same thing at the gym, but it was definately more special at Disney.
    ~Ashleigh

Buffalo, New York- too far and too cold to be remotely considered anywhere near central Florida :(
    I miss the body wars ride. I never got to ride it

I miss the Body Wars ride. I never got to ride it

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    I really miss it, especially Cranium Command.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I'd love to see it come back to life.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

What I don't understand is why they took it down in the 1st place.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Body Wars and Cranium Command were my favs.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    That ride always made me queasy!

WoL Fan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was lucky enough to go three times when WoL was open and so I really came to like Body Wars & especially Cranium Command.

I wish it didn't have to sit there empty - I would rather they take it down and put another attraction in its place rather than only use it for special events and parties. They've got Odyssey and Millennium Village for that.

I think the concept of life & health is a strong one but at this point any pavilion that does what Epcot was supposed to do - showcase emerging technologies - would be good.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by WoL Fan View Post
    I think the concept of life & health is a strong one but at this point any pavilion that does what Epcot was supposed to do - showcase emerging technologies - would be good.
    I totally agree. And, they can show emerging technologies in the life and health sciences for a Wonders of Life Pavilion. Didn't they do that at one point?

I know in my region we have health care fairs for the public that showcase products, technologies, ways to keep healthy, health checks, etc. Those are sponsored by the local nursing/allied health schools, medical centers, pharmaceutical/medical equipment companies as a way to recruit and inform the public.

I'm not saying it is what Epcot should do at all, but maybe something along those lines tailored to a theme park audience may be an idea to re-explore. I enjoyed Body Wars myself, but I know a lot of people thought it was too rough for them. It could have rehabbed, possibly with a new film too. I thought Cranium Command was good and more accessible of the two major attractions there. I also enjoyed the Sensory Funhouse exhbit.

Now, who would be willing to sponsor and showcase their products in an Epcot pavilion? Who was the last sponsor? MetLife?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

I know in my region we have health care fairs for the public that showcase products, technologies, ways to keep healthy, health checks, etc. Those are sponsored by the local nursing/allied health schools, medical centers, pharmaceutical/medical equipment companies as a way to recruit and inform the public.

Oh that sounds interesting.

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    there was a section where you could only touch something to "see" it. I loved it! I also loved the touch-this-thing-that's-so-cold-it's-hot as well.

My favorite thing in there was the bikes that you could watch a screen that made it look like you were going somewhere as you peddled. Sure, I can do the same thing at the gym, but it was definately more special at Disney.
    I loved that section of WoL too. It was a great place just to walk around and cool off. It was never too crowded in there either so it was a nice little quite spot to recharge and see some cool stuff.

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I loved the Wonders of Life pavillion. We were in the building this past October (Food and Wine Festival), and it was sort of depressing to know what had been there. I think the problem has been finding someone to sponsor that exhibit, and in this economy, no one is going to step forward. The building will probably be turned into something else.
    Bummer
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

Well I'd rather have it be another attraction than a building only use for special occasions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast