Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss A special treat- Download links to mp3s of "Disney Radio"- complete loops :) in the I Remember... forums; Hello everyone, this is bh!! As some of you might recall, last year I posted a thread concerning “Radio Disney” Please bare with me through these notes. They might be ...
    bh7812 is offline A-Ticket holder

A special treat- Download links to mp3s of "Disney Radio"- complete loops :)

Hello everyone, this is bh!!

As some of you might recall, last year I posted a thread concerning “Radio Disney” Please bare with me through these notes. They might be somewhat long but I at least want to make sure at least some written history for “Disney Radio” gets written down. As some of you may remember, there used to be a Tourist Info radio station called “Disney Radio” (Not to be confused with Radio Disney ) that used to give travellers just entering Florida a sneak peek at the Walt Disney World Resort. It’s exact transmitting tower was located in Columbia City, Florida. You could pick up the station on I-75, about 40-ish miles South of the Florida State Line. Usually the signal went from the I-10 Junction as far south as Gainesville, but on a clear day with ideal weather conditions the signal would make it as far South as Ocala. The station premiered in the mid 1990’s, around 1993 or so and lasted until sometime in early 2001, that’s the latest people can remember it broadcasting. During it’s history, it changed frequencies twice. From the beginning until 1998 you could find it on 107.5 FM. At that time, it didn’t have traditional call letters. The ID for the station was, and if I’m butchering this I apologize, KA2XXC. Sometime in 1998 the station moved to 107.9, to make room for additional stations in the Jacksonville Area. Along with the move, the station finally got it’s own traditional call letters: WLGD. The station stayed at that frequency and kept the WLGD call letters until Disney pulled the plug on it in early 2001.

During those several years in the Mid 90’s, I took a boom box on my trips down to Disney that could tape direct from the radio to tape and got 4 full recordings of Disney Radio. It was a blessing that my family always stayed in Lake City that second night of travelling so it was easy to get the full loops. The tapes have remained in great condition so last year I finally transferred the recordings to Mp3 format. I still have the original tapes that contain the recordings.

Last year I posted on a few Disney message boards to let people know I have preserved the Mid 90’s part of Disney Radio’s history. The response was outstanding and it was due to that that I finally transferred everything to Mp3’s. In the last few days I have been informed there are some people who would like access to the recordings so I have decided to upload them to Mega Upload for everyone who would like to have and enjoy them to be able to download them. I am more than happy to share this part of Disney history that is cherished by many including myself. I am also doing this because as far as I know I’m one of probably a VERY FEW people out there who have preserved any of Disney Radio. My biggest reason though is I knew eventually transferring the recordings to Mp3’s would come in handy and it makes me happy people remember the station and want to be able to hear it again. So this is from me, bh, to everyone out there who remembers Disney Radio fondly. I am more than willing to upload to other Filesharing sites if some of those would be more convenient, if anyone would like that please let me know and I will do that and then update this post to include the extra links. Here's the thing, due to my post count it's not letting me post the download links so if you'd like them please send me an e-mail at bh7812@hotmail.com and I will gladly give you the links to the downloads.

All of the recordings are in Stereo, in excellent condition! First I’ll list the files that I uploaded and then the download links to each individual file. Here are the 4 mp3 files that have been uploaded:

1.Disney Radio 495.mp3: This was the first recording I was able to get of Disney Radio in April 1995 when I went to Disney for Easter that year. It was taped on April 14th I believe. It was Good Friday. The format you’ll see in this recording is the format they used pretty much all the way through to the end in 2001. They updated stuff quite frequently though with the openings of new attractions.

2.Disney Radio 96a and 96b: It says 96 but it was actually recorded in July 1997 when I made the trip down that Summer. I want to SINCERELY apologize for one thing. When I converted the recording from ’97, it somehow cut off two thirds of the way through so I had to get the other third on a separate mp3. All of the recording from ’97 IS here it’s just split into two parts. Because of the software I used to convert everything it wouldn’t allow me to join the two halves or change the file name. Again I am sorry for that L This recording talks a lot about Disney World’s 25th Anniversary since the 25th Anniversary Celebration was going on when I visited that year.

3.Disney Radio 97.mp3: It says 97 but it’s actually from April 1998. Again my apologies due to the program I used. Length wise it’s the longest of the Mid 90’s Disney Radio stuff.

Download Links:
    Disney Radio 495.mp3: File Size: 15 MB
    Disney Radio 96a.mp3: File Size: 14 MB
    Disney Radio 96b.mp3: File Size: 5.36 MB
    Disney Radio 97.mp3: File Size: 18 MB

That should be everything If anyone wants the download links PLEASE feel free to send an e-mail to bh7812@hotmail.com and I will gladly reply I do apologize I wish the site would just let me post them it would be easier for everyone. I just want to make sure to let everyone know I am totally accessible if anyone would like to or needs to contact me.

I have uploaded all of this out of the goodness of my heart, for free, for everyone to enjoy and I sincerely hope you do enjoy it. I have no problem if you’d like to share it with family or friends who might be interested in this as well. I just ask for two small things in return for this uploads. First, please give me credit for this if you post the download links somewhere or share this. It’s not been easy keeping the original tapes in excellent shape and it took quite some time to convert them all to mp3’s. Secondly I want to ask a small favor. I would like to ask anyone that has recordings of Disney Radio from 1993, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2000 or early 2001 to please let mw know, along with ANYTHING from Disneyland Radio in California and if you are willing to please convert them to mp3s and send them to me at bh7812@hotmail.com and I’ll upload all of those as well so there is as complete a history for “Disney Radio” preserved as possible for everyone to enjoy. You’d of course be credited in this thread for any mp3s you send to me!
    Enjoy this rare, not easy to find, cherished piece of Disney history!!
    Sincerely,
    Bh
    Last edited by bh7812; 02-21-2009 at 03:45 AM.

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'll take it sounds fab!

mouseofzen is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: A special treat- Download links to mp3s of "Disney Radio"- complete loops :)

links sill active?
    MOZ- Disney inspired haikus : www.twitter.com/mouseofzen

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: A special treat- Download links to mp3s of "Disney Radio"- complete loops :)

u have to email bh7812! (why that name?)