Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which Park Brings Back The Greatest Memory

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What was it like.... in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by flutter Like Goofygirl I never went to WDW as a child...my first trip was in 1996 when I brought my kids....now I'm going with Goofygirls kid Sometimes ...
    jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    Like Goofygirl I never went to WDW as a child...my first trip was in 1996 when I brought my kids....now I'm going with Goofygirls kid
    Sometimes I wonder what it would of been like if I went as a kid. Also thank you disneydreamer98 for bumping the thread.

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I remember going for the first time when I was 3. We tayed outside of the park so we didn't see anything right away. I remember driving in for the first time and freaking out when I saw my first monorail. It was such an exciting moment. I remember telling my parents that we had to ride it over and over again because I thought it was a real ride instead of just a mode of transportaion. It was my first real Disney magical experience.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

Bumping this one again! It gives me warm fuzzies!!!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

My first memory in the MK @ WDW

Like others, I was very young (2 years old) when went to WDW for the first time, so I cannot recall much about my trip. My parents, however, told me how much I loved it and took plenty of pics and video, and from them I can see how happy I was to be there. The next time I went I was around 7 and I remember LOVING the MK and all it's wonderful attractions. It truly was "the happiest place on earth," and I could feel all the excitement and joy around me. I loved all the rides in Fantasyland, especially Peter Pan and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Being in the MK was like being in my favorite Disney movies and I loved it!

~PumpkinJack81
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Bumping this one again! It gives me warm fuzzies!!!
    Thanks for bumping this up.
    ~Bobby Jack

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    After reading this thread, I finally figured out what bumping this up meant! So thanks for the education!

Anyway, my first memory of WDW was coming in to MK and eating at Tony's. I was 22 and on my honeymoon. My husband kept hurrying me through our brunch and I couldn't figure out why. He had to drag me out of the park at closing and I was bitten by the bug!

I almost voted on River Country because it was a wonderful experience and very relaxing. I like Typhoon Lagoon but I really miss the relaxing atmosphere of RC.

Thanks for keeping this poll alive!

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81
    Thanks for bumping this up.
    You are welcome...but I must admit that it's for my own guilty pleasure! Love the warm fuzzies!!!

disneygirl23 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The first time I went to WDW was when I was 18. My family went on a school trip with my sister there. I fell in love with the parks. The last time I went to WDW was December. I took my boyfriend on his first vaction there. He's 28. We went to Cindy's castle for dinner and he proposed to me there. WDW is truely the happiest place on earth.

Tammy

PS these stories give me warm fuzzies too!
    Wished on a magic star and woke up in sunny Disney . Ate a poison apple and ended up back in snowy Ohio . Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    You are welcome...but I must admit that it's for my own guilty pleasure! Love the warm fuzzies!!!
    I know what you mean!
    ~Bobby Jack

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl23
    I took my boyfriend on his first vaction there. He's 28. We went to Cindy's castle for dinner and he proposed to me there.
    That's what I wanted to do, but the timing didn't work out. Plus, once I got the ring I couldn't hold onto it too long, I wanted to ask my beautiful love and make it official.
    ~Bobby Jack

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I love the stories. My daughter would love to be married at WDW but she better start saving now (she's 12). She may have to settle on a honeymoon there.

Maybe my hubby will repropose when we go by ourselves in Oct. Not holding my breath, but it would be cool.

sillygirl399 is offline A-Ticket holder

Boy, meet World

What was it like to see Disney the first time? I'm not sure if I remember the very first time I laid eyes on the castle, but I have countless wonderful memories of family vacations at WDW.

But do you remember what it was like to introduce SOMEONE ELSE to Disney for the first time??? :mickey:

I think that is even better!

I will never forget the first time I took my boyfriend to Disney World. We were in college and I found a Disney vacation planning video in his room and asked him when he was planning to go. He confessed that it was his lifelong dream to visit WDW, but he had never had the opportunity to go. He said he watched the video every year just to get a taste of the sights and sounds of Disney World and dreamt about being there one day.

My heart broke at that, and we immediately dropped everything, skipped a few days of classes, packed up and drove down (about 16 hours straight through). After all, what better way to spend student loan money?

Well, it turned out to be a worthwhile expense because I will never forget the look on his face as we walked into Magic Kingdom. I watched a dream come true.

Getting to play tourguide to someone who has never been to WDW is the most fun and rewarding experience! Whether it is a child turned loose in a life-sized fairytale or an adult leaving the real world behind, the look of wonderment and delight that comes across their face is the same, and it is unforgettable.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Just nothing like the first time I remember walking down Main Street, seeing the castle...I knew it would be one of those great moments in my life, and it was. When I go back now, I get to feel it all over again, and see it in my children's eyes...
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    In Sept, I get to bring my boyfriend to WDW for his first time and I think he is getting a little worried. He has no idea what he is getting himself into because I want him to see everything. Is it possible to plan meals too much? I just want him to see it all!!!!
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

Disney4life is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was really young when I first went to Disney so I can't remember every detail just bits and pieces throughout the stay. But one day after not going to Disney for a very long time my mother decided we should go back I was soooo thrilled. We got there a few weeks later and after sorting everything out at the Contemporary Resort, we left for the Magic Kingdom. I can't even begin to describe how it felt. As I started soaking in all the scenary all these memories started pouring back and I felt euphoric lol. The Disney feeling is the best in the world. You feel content, happy, and energetic for the most part. The phrase I think of involving the feeling you get at Disney is "Hakuna Matata" ...no worries!
    Emily

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast