Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which Park Brings Back The Greatest Memory

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What was it like.... in the I Remember... forums; I really do not remember my first time at WDW and the Magic Kingdom. But I remember going into Epcot for the first time with my family. I got to ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I really do not remember my first time at WDW and the Magic Kingdom. But I remember going into Epcot for the first time with my family. I got to meet Goofy for the first time and was amazed by the big "golf ball". We saw shows all around the world showcase and my brother was picked to dance with some on stage - TWICE! And he had a hole in his shorts, he was so embarrased. I still laugh about that now!!!

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Well considering i worked at Epcot that was my choice. Each spot in the park has its only memory. Friendship boats for sure bring back the most. other than though. DL would bring back the most memories for me. cant wait to go there, in 2 weeks. Yes!!!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    My first trip to DisneyWorld was when I was 4 years old. I have very few memories. I remember being excited to see Mickey Mouse :mickey: , wanting to go into the Swiss Family Treehouse (but it was closed), & marching with Jiminy Cricket in the parade.
    It was a long 10 years before I was able to return. I do remember walking into the Main Street Cinema & just being so happy to be there!
    Every time I return, I make one more special memory (Not that it's difficult to do that there!)
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Passarino6
    In Sept, I get to bring my boyfriend to WDW for his first time and I think he is getting a little worried. He has no idea what he is getting himself into because I want him to see everything. Is it possible to plan meals too much? I just want him to see it all!!!!
    Not at all. When I took my fiance for her first time, I wanted to make sure we did it ALL. I made dinner reservations at a restaurant in every park so we could fit everything in. She felt the same way once we were there, and was planning the next day's "to do" list the night before.
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Coming to the Magic Kingdom for the first time was very strange for me. As a former Marine, I am very big on studying all the available intel before going anywhere or doing anything (drives my wife crazy!). When I moved to Florida one of the first things on my list was to come to WDW so I read every book and studied every scrap of information I could get my hands on. When we finally went to the MK I quickly found out that what you can read and study will not prepare you for the actual place. . . . the music, the smells, the people. I had to realize that I wasn't plotting artillery strikes and to just have fun!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I don't remember my first time, I was only 2 1/2... but I will always remember my children's faces. Every time I think about it, it brings a smile to my face...(tear)
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Quote Originally Posted by zcook9
    I don't remember my first time, I was only 2 1/2... but I will always remember my children's faces. Every time I think about it, it brings a smile to my face...(tear)
    We must be about the same age Laura...I was 2 my first time and I agree, there is nothing like seeing the face of your children the first time you take them. This was our DS Tanner's first trip and even though he was only 8 months old it was amazing watching his face! He absolutely loved the characters and shows!

My first trip was back in the early '70's, earrrrly...
    If you go to my gallery, there are some old pics .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Quote Originally Posted by zcook9
    My first trip was back in the early '70's, earrrrly...
    If you go to my gallery, there are some old pics .
    Well, it couldn't have been much earlier in the 70's than I was there! My first trip was a month after it opened in 1971! I will be 36 in November.

Did you stay in one of the 2 resorts?
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I was 5 when my parents took me for my first time and I know, that if/when I have kids, no matter how poor I am, I'm taking them to Disney World around that same age.

here's a couple quick anecdotes about my first trip to Disney:
    1. the ride I was most excited about riding was the Haunted Mansion. I went in smiling, but by the end of the ride I was on the floor of our doom buggy screaming in the fetal position. now it's my favorite ride.

2. I was also very excited about riding Space Mountain, but when we got into the main queue area, and I looked up and saw the cars whizzing around up there, and heard people screaming, I told my dad, "Daddy, I gotta go tee tee." to which he said, "nah, son, it's too late now. you'll have to go when we get off the ride." and I said "no! I gotta tee tee NOW!" but, alas, I had to hold it and after we got off the ride, Dad asked me if I needed to go to the bathroom and I said, "I don't need to tee tee anymore." (I didn't wet myself, I was just lying about the whole thing)

If we can dream it, we can do it

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    1. the ride I was most excited about riding was the Haunted Mansion. I went in smiling, but by the end of the ride I was on the floor of our doom buggy screaming in the fetal position. now it's my favorite ride.
    Mine too! Although, I enjoyed it the entire way through. I remember getting a little uneasy/nervouse, but my Dad explained everything to me and I was pumped after that. After that initial visit into the "boundless realm of the supernatural" I was hooked, and that was the only ride I had to go on each time we went to WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    2. I was also very excited about riding Space Mountain, but when we got into the main queue area, and I looked up and saw the cars whizzing around up there, and heard people screaming, I told my dad, "Daddy, I gotta go tee tee." to which he said, "nah, son, it's too late now. you'll have to go when we get off the ride." and I said "no! I gotta tee tee NOW!" but, alas, I had to hold it and after we got off the ride, Dad asked me if I needed to go to the bathroom and I said, "I don't need to tee tee anymore." (I didn't wet myself, I was just lying about the whole thing)
    Great story! I was much older when I went on Space Mountain for the first time, but I would imagine feeling the same way had I been younger.
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    What was it like to see a disney theme park for the first time. When I entered the Magic Kingdom it was like the world stopped for a moment, and for a time whatever problems I had were gone. It was as if the world was finally at peace. Unlike so many other parks, the Magic Kingdom is like a world in its own where it gives out memories and not cheap thrills.

Thats how it is for me every time i enter Magic Kingdom!! You took the words right out of my mouth
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

for those of you who are new to our family!!!!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I can't remember the first time I ever went to the Magic Kingdom, I was young at the time. But it has been interesting to watch it change over the years, and I still always get a weird sensation when I get to Main Street, looking straight down at the castle.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast