Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which Park Brings Back The Greatest Memory

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What was it like.... in the I Remember... forums; Mine was Epcot. I thought the coolest thing in the world was all the pavilions. This gives me even better feelings. I teach at a HS that has a lot ...
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    Mine was Epcot. I thought the coolest thing in the world was all the pavilions.

This gives me even better feelings. I teach at a HS that has a lot of underprivileged kiddos. I'm the dance team director and Disney has an amazing program that lets dancer come and perform at WDW. So far I've taken two different teams to perform. What's awesome it that many of kids have never even left TX, been on a plane or have ever in their lives gone somewhere as magical as WDW. I try my hardest to find money for all the girls to go. This year I had one little girl who was not going to be able to attend because her parents just have no money. I scrambled around and found a sponsor. When I told her dad he started crying to me because his little girl was going to be able to go on this amazing trip. The second we walked in the gates of MK I got a hug from her thanking me for making her dream come true. Now THAT is a great 1st Disney memory.
    Last edited by princessariel; 08-07-2006 at 09:24 PM.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I don't even think it IS possible to explain how I felt when I first went to the Magic Kingdom. Well, I didn't get to go until I was thirteen, but it was the most amazing thing and my life has never been the same. I walked in and the song Walking right down the middle of Mainstreet USA was playing. It was like I really stepped into another world. Cinderella's Surprise Celebration was being performed and that was the first thing I saw there, and I started to cry. After so many year of yearning to visit, I was there, and that feeling was unlike anything else in the world
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    lol..i wonder if MK brings back memories the most...rotfl

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    what!!!? no animal kingdom votes, lol
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

What was it like that first time I walked through the gates? As a child I was filled with awe and wonder. My first visit to Epcot (which I voted for as holding my memories tightly in it's grasp) wasn't long after the park had first opened. I was 5 years old and remember thinking "that's the biggest golf ball I've ever seen!"

Now as an adult... every time I walk through the gates of the Magic Kingdom or Epcot I instantly feel like a kid again. I feel all my stresses go away and get this incredible urge to just take off running toward my favorite attractions.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Magic Kingdom is the iconic WDW Park. It really defines for me WDW. I love EPCOT, enjoy MGM and enjoy AK, but no WDW trip is complete without a MK visit.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

joplin4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    TEXAS!!--The greatest state in the Union (IMO)
    Seeing the castle was like a dream. My jaw practically dropped to the ground. It was like being in a storybook and anything could happen. You were suddenly placed in your favorite films. I remember the first time I met Mickey. I was a little nervous because I'd never met a movie star before. But he was just as wonderful as he could be. Through the years we've kept in touch. Don't say this to anyone else, but I've even been inside his house. Shhh. And he comes to visit me, too.
    Celebrating Walt Disney's birthday all month long with some of my favorite Walt Disney avatars. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALT!!!!

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."--Walt Disney

Britmick is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My first time was only 5 years ago when we visited from the UK.

We went to Magic Kingdom on our first day, it was Labor Day. (We didn't know what labor day was) and it was 96 degrees.

Even though it was packed with people it was still magical. We didn't get to go on many rides but the atmosphere was wonderful.

I will never forget riding on the boat from the TTC and seeing the castle for the first time, the Contempory Resort to the right.

That's why we just keep going back.

We went back to MK 6 days later the crowds were really light we managed to ride all the E Ticket attractions and Aladins Magic Carpets which had just opened.
    BRITMICK:mickey:

DVC Member Saratoga Springs 06

"I'm going to Disneyworld"

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    My first time going to disneyworld was back in 2003. The first park i went to was MK and i was just in awe of everthing the rides, the castle, even the mickey flower pattern at the front of the park.

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder

Unhappy ummm...

no discovery island???

:-(
    The Goofy Princess

Ceci is offline Annual Passholder
    I voted Magic Kingdom but, I think that the all parks remind me good things.

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    MK brings back some good memories but I voted Epcot because my first trip to Disney, 3 years ago, began with Epcot. Most of my Dad's family was there and we all watched Illuminations together at the Germany Pavilion and it really effected the rest of that trip because we were all in the happiest place on Earth together and how lucky we were to have each other. Also my last trip in December because of the addition to Illumnations with them playing Let There Be Peace On Earth.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just like the others I never went as a child, but went in 1990 when our daughter was 3 1/2 and had the best time watching her experience the world. We have been back 9 times since then and we still feel like its the first time all over again. You can just lose yourself in Disney and forget about everything else. Every time we walk thru toontown I think of my daughter knocking on the little doors in Mickey's birthdayland as it was called then. We have an excellent picture of her doing just that and the doors were just the right height.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Magic Kingdom, there is just something about seeing the castle at the end of Main Street with all the people smiling always smiling. I think it takes me back to seeing the castle from Disneyland every Sunday as a kid watching Walt Disney's wonderful world of color.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    The first time I ever went I was about 7 and we stayed about 2 hours away in Long Boat Key, FL and just drove up to the Magic Kingdom for the day. We stayed all day from open to close, the first site of Cinderella's Castle from the town square was where my Disney obsession started, which makes MK my favorite, and most memorable!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast