Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which Park Brings Back The Greatest Memory

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What was it like.... in the I Remember... forums; I have loads of wonderful memories there at WDW, but the big vote goes to the Magic Kingdom, where I, as an infant, saw Cinderella's Castle for the first time ...
    talfonso is offline A-Ticket holder

First WDW Trip - 12/1991

I have loads of wonderful memories there at WDW, but the big vote goes to the Magic Kingdom, where I, as an infant, saw Cinderella's Castle for the first time in my first visit. It was a great Christmas season (I have to admit that the seasonal shows were considerably better than the ones displayed seasonally these days.) and at the time, WDW was celebrating its 20th anniversary this year!
    Flexible Disney -
    The Blog for Walt Disney World-Crazed Disneyphiles

http://flexibledisney.com

To Date: 1991
    (PO?); 1994 (DL/PORS);1995, 1996 (x2), 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003 (x2) 2005
    (x2), 2006 (x2), 2007 (x2) 2008-2009 (x7) - all offsite

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: What was it like....

Just to up date my previous post, we just returned from trip 43, and the magic is still alive and well in WDW. You would figure after all the times we've been down there, Disney would become common place with us, nope. Upon entering the MK the first time, we still stand in awe and think back of the many of times we've stood there, listening for the train whistle, smelling the pop corn, seeing the horse trolley coming around and peaking up Main Street to the castle. It's still there, all in good and we can still skip up Main Street, not in any hurry any more knowing it will always be there and no need to hurry. We're going to be here for 9-12 nights and everything will be seen and done and if not, we're coming back again and again. Go other places, nope, we've done that long ago and nothing says vacation like a WDW one. Our little piece of heaven.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Even though Animal Kingdom is my favourite park, there's nothing like seeing the castle for the first time - still gives me goose-bumps now!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

I was ten the first time I went.. I loved it obviously! Loved meeting characters and some funny memories of it

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

my first trip was when i was 7... and i can still remember Small World being down for refurb as well as SSE...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Being only a few months old on my first visit, I would be lying if I said I could remember!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i remember mine like it was yesterday... the Aladdin parade at MGM... the Aladdin breakfast over by where Playhouse Disney is now... Horizons... the last bit of 20k... great memories indeed...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

papasdisneygrl is offline A-Ticket holder

i cant say i remember my first visit but the one that sticks out in my head the most i must have been around 5 and riding IASW with my grandmother and walking threw the park with her. To this day as we drive under that sign that welcomes you to Disney world I cry( looking out the window dont let DH see). and every night i watch the fireworks and cry cause the day is comeing to an end and we must go back to reality. Disney is also a great place to think. I have desided to quit 3 jobs while walking the paths in that park to find something that make me as happy as disney does and i dont think anything short of disney will do.
    "To all that come to this happy place WELCOME!"
    its not just for the young, but for the young at heart.

Cherinva is offline Fastpass Holder

My first 2 visits were to DisneyLand...I loved it...however when I got back to the east..and went to DisneyWorld...I was blown away at the size...at that time it was only MK and EPCOT....MK was, is and always will be my favorite park...it is the first one I visit, and I make it the last..no matter what anyone else in my group says.....I walk into MK and the world stops for me..nothing else matters.

tsal is offline A-Ticket holder

It was a very long time ago, 1972, so I can't remember my feelings or reaction the first time I walked into the MK. However, I do know that after that first trip, even at 10 yrs. old, I knew there was no other place in the world that would make me feel the way Disney did.

Back then there was no internet, so a kid had to simply look at photos, or the souvenir book to hold him/her over until the next trip. For my family it was every other summer, you wanna talk about a very, very long time to go back to Disney. Now that I am an adult, we pretty much go whenever we want, numerous times a year and it never, ever gets old or boring.

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy of ohio View Post
    Just to up date my previous post, we just returned from trip 43, and the magic is still alive and well in WDW. You would figure after all the times we've been down there, Disney would become common place with us, nope. Upon entering the MK the first time, we still stand in awe and think back of the many of times we've stood there, listening for the train whistle, smelling the pop corn, seeing the horse trolley coming around and peaking up Main Street to the castle. It's still there, all in good and we can still skip up Main Street, not in any hurry any more knowing it will always be there and no need to hurry. We're going to be here for 9-12 nights and everything will be seen and done and if not, we're coming back again and again. Go other places, nope, we've done that long ago and nothing says vacation like a WDW one. Our little piece of heaven.

Oh my goodness....we just returned from trip 44 first week in December 2010.....went with our daughter and her husband and first time visitor, Emma, our granddaughter (11 months old) my wifes sister and her husband joined us too for most of the trip.....We got a deal on OKW, 2 bedroom villa....our first time there.....

As trips go each is a little different...but to visit WDW with a bunch of your family and friends.....it great.....we all enjoyed the trip and company...some has changed since our last trip but all for the good...we're headed back, wife and I for trip 45 in September.....

ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

I will never forget the first time I went into the Magic Kingdom, turned the corner around the Emporium and looked down Main St. and saw the Castle. It was love at first sight and I have loved WDW ever since.
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I was only 18 months when I first went to WDW...but I do remember a few things - getting my picture taken in front of the train station, riding PoTC, lunch with my family, and crying hysterically because I wanted my Dad to bring the EPCOT Ball home with us!

Since then, I've been hooked. Everytime I walk down main street its like the first time I'm seeing it - its overwhelming. And even though I am 24, if I could find a way to bring Spaceship Earth home with me, I would!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

DVC Dave is offline A-Ticket holder

For me, it was actually our second trip to WDW that did it. We went in 1994 for our Honeymoon. We only spend half our time in WDW the rest was other Orlando area attractions. Besides pictures, I don't remember much.

Fast forward to 2003. We arrived at the Beach club and I was immediatly blown away by the resort. Everything about it Screamed "look around...have a great time....leave everything to us" When we were settled in our room we got on a bus and headed to the magic Kingdom. It felt as if something was building the whole time on the bus... walking through the front gate... right up to the point where we looked down main street USA and saw the Castle. My Breath caught in my throat. My mouth may have dropped open. Time seemed to stand still. It was amazing and Magical. I felt as if everything - every worry or problem - was no longer anything to worry over.

To this day, as soon as we are on property, the magic continues EVERY TIME!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789