Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which Park Brings Back The Greatest Memory

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What was it like.... in the I Remember... forums; What was it like to see a disney theme park for the first time. When I entered the Magic Kingdom it was like the world stopped for a moment, and ...
    jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot

What was it like....

What was it like to see a disney theme park for the first time. When I entered the Magic Kingdom it was like the world stopped for a moment, and for a time whatever problems I had were gone. It was as if the world was finally at peace. Unlike so many other parks, the Magic Kingdom is like a world in its own where it gives out memories and not cheap thrills.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    For me it was like coming home to a safe and happy place were all you had to worry about is what time you were going to see Mickey Mouse

Rgjad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    For me it is knowing that no matter how old you are you get to be a kid again. Where else can you do that? Every time I go it is like the first time because I am seeing it through my kids eyes. The joy and the wonder of it all.

I was only 2 the first time I visited back when WDW first opened in 1971, but I do remember flashes of being on certain rides with my Grandparents. I do have to say that each and everytime I go back a feeling overcomes me like a child rushing downstairs on Christmas morning. But the absolute greatest feeling I've had returning to WDW was the first time we took our Son, Parker in 2002. When he stepped foot on Main Street and started dancing I just couldn't hold back the tears!! Thank you Uncle Walt for all of my greatest family memories that I will cherish forever!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    The first time our family visited the MK in 1977 (DW 31, JC 30, DS 3, and DD 1) will always be special. I still remember the long, long drive up World Drive with nothing but scrub pines and palms and such all around. I started to wonder if there really was a Magic Kingdom. Then, all of a sudden, there was the entrance to the T&TC!!! If my memory serves me right you could see Cindy's Castle, the monorail, the Contemporary, etc. Since I had been to Disneyland as a child (8 years old) the first steps onto Main Street, while memorable, were more nostalgic in nature.

Of course, WDW has really changed in those almost 28 years since our first visit, and in some ways not for the better. I would still like to see the MK expanded to include more rides and attractions for families a la Philharmagic and Hall of Presidents.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i was about a year old so i can't really remember the first time, but i remember little snippets of things from going every year....i went with my friend for her first time last year and it was like a first time for me too! seeing how excited she was and wanting to see and do everything and how the magic can capture you no matter how old you are or if it's your zillionth time
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I was 4 my first trip. Though it's hard to recall I can rememer clearly seeing Mickey Mouse for the firsy time. One of my fondest memories. I ran up to him and asked him to marry me..

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I love this quote:

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America -- with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
    -- Walt Disney, July 17, 1955

Bumping this one up because I love to hear everyone's stories about their love for WDW!!!! It makes me

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I was only a year old when I came to Disney for the first time, but my love for Disney continued to grow through the years. I really feel like I can be a kid again and have all my worries go away when I arrive. I don't know of any other place that can do that for me. It will always be a special place for me.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    I never went as a child so I was not blessed with the Magic of Disney until I took my children for the first time in 1981. My DD was so taken by everything that to this day she is all about the Disney! Isn't that right Stitch?
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder
    the first time i went i was 3-but there are all the pictures of me running from ride to ride with the happiest smile on my face-i can't really remember what i thought exactly but everytime i have been i know that feeling i get when i go through the gates-nothing bad can happen in Disney. I do remember when i was 3, i heard a mother say to her child who was crying 'Crying???!!! In Disney??!!' like it wasn't allowed. My brother and i have never been upset in Disney and its the only place that family rows never happen!!

We play a game where we pretend to be all nasty to each other and then when we go through the gates of any of the parks we become happy people and are all smiles all day
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl
    I never went as a child so I was not blessed with the Magic of Disney until I took my children for the first time in 1981. My DD was so taken by everything that to this day she is all about the Disney! Isn't that right Stitch?
    That's right! I guess I can blame you for creating my obsession. The only things I remember from my 1st trip to MK (I was 4) was riding Dumbo with my dad, the parking lot, and the backpack my mom carried (it was army green).

flutter is offline Moderator
    Like Goofygirl I never went to WDW as a child...my first trip was in 1996 when I brought my kids....now I'm going with Goofygirls kid

Bumping again...need more warm fuzzies!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast