Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Does Anybody Remember Circus World in the I Remember... forums; I don't remember Circus World, but a couple years ago I read something online about it and that it had become Boardwalk & Baseball. Now, I know this closed down ...
    disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    I don't remember Circus World, but a couple years ago I read something online about it and that it had become Boardwalk & Baseball. Now, I know this closed down in 1990, but I could swear as a child of the '90's, the sign for the park remained standing for quite some time. I have very vague memories of hearing about this place and seeing a particular sign as a kid, maybe I'm crazy... who knows!
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    What's circus world?
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We went there too in either 81 or 83. I don't remember much other than having a cartoon drawing of myself done and I think we rode an elephant.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I love wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circus_World

They always have stuff on there about defunct theme parks. I think it was cool that Circus World was Ringling's Winter Home.
    Tina

alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder
    circuses scare me. except Cirque.
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes

Kitanabelle is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS View Post
    I Know This Is Not A Disney Park But Does Anyone Remember Circus World. I Came Across This Old Picture Of Me When I Went To Disney World The Very First Time In 1977 And I Remember Going To Circus World. I Always Thought It Was Part Of Disney Until I Got Older And It Was Gone.does Anyone Know Whatever Became Of The Park?
    I remember Circus World!!

Only cause I have pics of me when I was little with my face painted, and I remember that my Mom refused to go on the ferris wheel with me and Dad, lol.

After it was Circus World, it became Baseball and Boardwalk, which was still kinda cool, but not as cool as CW, or WDW, lol.

I miss it though.

It's a huge parking lot now if I remember correctly, how sad.

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My family went there once in 1977 and I have photos of all my boys with clown faces to prove it. Here is a photo of the Circus World tent.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Oops missed the attachment, let me try again...
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

OK...disregard...I am having problems attaching a photo to this thread. Sorry to bother you all.

Jamie is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yes I remember Circus World! That's the first time I heard the song Give Em That Old Razzle Dazzle.....in some type of show.....wow that really takes me back.

MMills3874 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I remember Circus World. I didn't go there, just gazed at from the back of my parent's station wagon while on I-4.

My wife was there as a kid, got her faced painted as clown. There's a picture somewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12