Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss I Miss the Eastern Airlines Ride! in the I Remember... forums; As a kid in the 70's, a trip to WDW began the moment we stepped onto our Eastern Airlines jet. They usually had some Disney related treat for kids like ...
    DocB is offline B-Ticket Holder

I Miss the Eastern Airlines Ride!

As a kid in the 70's, a trip to WDW began the moment we stepped onto our Eastern Airlines jet. They usually had some Disney related treat for kids like coloring activities, and I even remember cut-out masks of Mickey. Not to mention the foods on those flights were great!! I looked at Eastern and Disney as one and the same. Then, in Tomorrowland, there was the Eastern Wings of Man ride. It was such a great ride, and it had such a great song. I heard it recently on WDW Radio, and it really brought back some warm memories of family vacations. Boy I wish I could share that one with my kids....

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: I Miss the Eastern Airlines Ride!

I liked the Eastern then the Delta flight, but everyone loves Buzz Lightyear.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by DocB View Post
    As a kid in the 70's, a trip to WDW began the moment we stepped onto our Eastern Airlines jet. They usually had some Disney related treat for kids like coloring activities, and I even remember cut-out masks of Mickey. Not to mention the foods on those flights were great!! I looked at Eastern and Disney as one and the same. Then, in Tomorrowland, there was the Eastern Wings of Man ride. It was such a great ride, and it had such a great song. I heard it recently on WDW Radio, and it really brought back some warm memories of family vacations. Boy I wish I could share that one with my kids....
    Share this Widen Your World - If You Had Wings
    There is even a link to a Youtube video of the ride circa 1985.

DocB is offline B-Ticket Holder

That link is GREAT! Thanks! Those images really take me back. I remember all those scenes from the ride. It is nice that one of my favorite rides of all time is now the site of one my kids' favorite rides of all time, Buzz Lightyear. I'm quite fond of the new attraction myself.....but there's nothing like a little nostalgia.

While we're on the subject of nostalgia, I miss 20,000 Leagues and Mr. Toad too.........Maybe Disney can make a Fifth theme park that houses all the attractions that are gone!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

You're welcome. If you poke around the site I linked they also have a lot of 20K stuff too. The guy who runs the site is a former sub driver.