Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss World of Motion Vehicles? in the I Remember... forums; Okay, does anyone remember what type of car you sat in for World of Motion because I totally remember going on it but I can't remember what it looked like ...
    egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder

World of Motion Vehicles?

Okay, does anyone remember what type of car you sat in for World of Motion because I totally remember going on it but I can't remember what it looked like really. Does anyone have pictures or can they describe them or something?
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I have to look and see if I have pictures somewhere.. there is a video of it in the Downloads section here.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Yeah I watched the video... I just cant rememeber what the line or the loading area looked like and I was just curious. It's really annoying me though
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I remember them being a blue car with a front and back seat. The loading area had a maze and then the belt where the cars were moving slowly by. The walls had murals of wheels all of them. Then you get in the car and move your way outside of the attraction on a track that circled its way up to the entrance of the main ride. I remember you go through a dark tunnel with lighted footprints walking all over the ceiling as the narrator talked about how our first mode of transportation was out feet. It even showed some neandethals blowing on their feet which were red from walking so much.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    just watched the video and man that takes me back! it def left out some things like the policeman on a motorcycle hiding behind the sign . gotta love the cars at the end.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

OH MY GOSH. I totally remember them blowing on their feet but thats seriously the only part I remember. Ugh, its so annoying.
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

Quote Originally Posted by egran125
    OH MY GOSH. I totally remember them blowing on their feet but thats seriously the only part I remember. Ugh, its so annoying.
    i always find that when i stop thinking about something that's when i remember what it was that i was trying to remember in the first place. don't worry egran, it will come back to you.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

Haha well thanks for that. That happens to me a lot too... or when I lose something and I look for it... and the second i give up... I find it. Life is ridiculous. So is DISNEY. i love it.
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I have the VHS tape from GM that highlighted WoM and the rest of WDW at the time. That was in 1990. You had to go to a GM dealership and have them sign and put a code number on the postcard.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 04-13-2005 at 11:59 AM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

i have a couple of pics from WoM, now if i can just figure out how to post them on here
    Erica

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    I have a series of WOM postcards on my site on the followin two pages
    This first page is the offical Epcot Center cards:
    http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/wdw-pc37.htm

The other page was a series of cards released by GM presumably available at thier dealerships promotiing thier 1983 line using Scenes from the WOM at Epcot as a back drop:
    http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/wdw-pc43.htm

I also am a moderator of a yahoo group dedicated to the WOM not a lot of post activity there but we have some nice scans of some WOM related items both scans of the visitors guides over the years in the files section and some nice photos (including a nice map of the attraction) in the photos section. you may have to be a member of the group to access these, but it costs nothing to join.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    What I remember most about WoM was how magical the attraction looked at night. I can remember walking around Epcot Center, as it was called, after the sunset and just seeing the WoM cars travel outside of the attraction was so fascinating to me as a kid. The lighting was very cool and futuristic, and seeing the people in the cars always made me want to get on the ride.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

the view while winding around outside was great too!
    Erica