Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Clear isn't the same in the I Remember... forums; It is pouring here yet again. I tripped on our old yellow ponchos searching for rain gear and boy was one tiny. Clear isn't the same. It was like a ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Clear isn't the same

It is pouring here yet again. I tripped on our old yellow ponchos searching for rain gear and boy was one tiny. Clear isn't the same.

It was like a sea of yellow on those rainy park days.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Clear isn't the same

Yes, I still have some of those. It looks like a Big Bird convention lol But I guess that was the problem. You couldn't distinguish anyone from one another, but i do miss that look. Thanks for the pic!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I put one on on our last trip to WDW in november to ride SpM and I felt like a fool lol everyone walking buy had the new clear ones, and my dad had a clear one that he bought from home. I could curl up and die lol.
    Then in DL we didn't have our ponchos and my mom and I got soaked standing in line to see Minnie and the gang

.... what a rainy day that was. Everyone had ponchos and if they didn't they were buying them. I wish I would have gotten one...
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

I would be thrilled to be able to put on an old yellow poncho and be different from the majority. Unlike the first time I wore one. DH bought it for me and said, "Well, at least I'll be able to pick you out of the crowd". Famous last words since we walked out into a sea of yellow ponchos. We still laugh about that one.
    I wore a clear poncho last week. I hadn't looked at it before I left home. I just pulled one out of our stash. Turned out to have "London" printed on the back. A guest made a comment about there not being a park in England. I turned around and said, "But, there is a store in London."
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

What a great pic! I miss the yellow ponchos!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I remember way back I think on our first trip or second trip, we were in MGM and it started to pour so we ducked under a covered area at a restaurant and we saw people trying to hold a poncho above them all and the pour girl in the middle got all the rain that was collecting and pouring through the head hole lol.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

One of my fondest memories of my first trip is the sea of yellow poncho at Epcot when it rained the whole day.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We still have a couple of old yellow ponchos from 1997. We don't replace them until they tear and are unserviceable or don't fit the kids as they've grown. We now use a mix of clear and yellow. When everyone had the old yellow ones, you never could tell who was who from the back. Now with the clear ones, I know it is my family in yellow.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    It looks like a Big Bird convention lol But I guess that was the problem. You couldn't distinguish anyone from one another, but i do miss that look.
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    We now use a mix of clear and yellow. When everyone had the old yellow ones, you never could tell who was who from the back. Now with the clear ones, I know it is my family in yellow.
    We did annual 2 week trips through the years my kids were in elementary school and did our share of yellow poncho days, I never lost sight of my kids, actually I think I had kids that never lost sight of me. DD usually had a grip on the bottom of my shorts, so I didn't get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I wore a clear poncho last week. I hadn't looked at it before I left home. I just pulled one out of our stash. Turned out to have "London" printed on the back. A guest made a comment about there not being a park in England. I turned around and said, "But, there is a store in London."
    And did you say that in your Midwestern, Southern or British Accent?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

And did you say that in your Midwestern, Southern or British Accent?
    That would have been in my Florida accent.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.