Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Person of the Century - Cast Your Own Vote Here! in the I Remember... forums; Remember the short-lived, incomplete Person of the Century poll at Epcot in the early 1990s? Don't worry, most people don't Well, I just finished an article about it for the ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Person of the Century - Cast Your Own Vote Here!

Remember the short-lived, incomplete Person of the Century poll at Epcot in the early 1990s? Don't worry, most people don't

Well, I just finished an article about it for the AllEars newsletter (look for it soon on the DWT site), and got to thinking...

What is we had that poll today? Who would you nominate? Who do you think would win? (The Epcot poll was shut down before a winner was announced).

So, "cast your vote" here, just for FUN!

I'll throw out the easy, obvious one - Walt Disney.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I nominate FDR.
    The only person to be elected four times as president.
    Last edited by jarmitc2032; 04-26-2005 at 11:14 PM.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Myself.. and then Walt Disney as a close second!!!

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    I nominate Eisner....WAIT, No I don't!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Tough. I'd vote for Mother Theresa or FDR for what they stood for and all they accomplished. Of course, Walt Disney changed my life, but perhaps not the entire world would agree with me.........
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    BigDaddyKyle has the right idea. No one else in the world could possibly merit such an award as that fine man we know as Mr. Eisner. His fantastic abilities and well thought-out decisions in recent years have re-enforced not only what the public think of the Walt Disney Co. , but they have also brought the company back in-line with what it was. Bravo, Michael!

Good job all round!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    hey guys it's a new century, most of the mnames you're listing are from the old one ;-)

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I'd vote for Jim Carey and for VP, Robin Williams.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    It's funny you bring this up Lou, I was watching TV and on June 5th the Discovery Channel is having a show called "The Greatest American"...were the public gets to vote. In the commercial they so a shadow Mickey Mouse lamp and the voice over sayd something along the lines of "Is the Greatest American that (something really cool about Walt Disney) or the person that invented the light bulb?" I'll have to watch for the commercial again. Anyways...Walt is one of the 100 people you can vote for.

So everyone remember to vote on June 5th! http://tv.channel.aol.com/greatestamerican

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    How about Pope John Paul II? He was a vital part ion the downfall of Communism!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    The commercial goes: "Who is the greatest American, the person that can light up the face of a child or the person that created the light bulb?" Walt Disney and Tom Edison are the only two names mentioned in the commercial (with pics), but they do show pics of Oprah and Bill Clinton and others.

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Talking Walt Disney

I have to say good ol' Walt Disney. He struggled through a rough childhood and gave everything for his dream. He wanted a place where adults could be the children at heart. There are very few places that allow us adults to do that. He was an inspiration and has helped to plan and create some of the most enjoyable moments of my life. My vote goes to Walt Disney (Second vote to Lou Mongello for making such a wonderful website for all of us members and guests).

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

godmetal is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Obvious choice for Person of the Century!

Walt Disney is without a doubt my hero and I would vote for him as the Person of the 20th Century! I can't think of anyone else who worked so hard to make his dreams come true. And, not only that, his movies, theme parks, etc... have inspired and touched so many people over the years and brought so much joy to them. He was the man who started it all and believed in himself. And we have reaped the benefits of his hard work by enjoying ourselves at his theme parks, movies, etc...:mickey:

WaltFan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Another vote for Walt Disney.

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast