Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Captian EO in the I Remember... forums; If everyone doesn't know, from 1986-1994, there was a flim called Captian EO at the Magic Eye Theater in Magic Kingom. The flim starred Michael Jackson as Captian EO, and ...
    disneyloveee is offline B-Ticket Holder

Captian EO

If everyone doesn't know, from 1986-1994, there was a flim called Captian EO at the Magic Eye Theater in Magic Kingom. The flim starred Michael Jackson as Captian EO, and he sang two songs ("We Are Here to Change the World" and "Another Part of Me").

I think that Disney should bring back this attraction (or something like it) in honor to celebrate Michael Jackson's life and work. What do you think?
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage."
    -Walt Disney

Citizen of WDW is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Captian EO

This first thing may sound nick picky, but the Magic Eye Theater is in Disneyland. The theater your thinking of at WDW is named the Imagination Theater located in Epcot. Also the show ran in Epcot and the show never ran at the Magic Kingdom. You might be thinking of Magic Journey (which is what Captain EO replaced), because that went to the Magic Kingdom after Captain EO debuted. Sorry about making a big deal out of names and details, it's just park history is something I obcessed with it.

With the petty details out the way, I'm on the fence with the EO returning thing. I watched it recently on You Tube and it's a decent show, but I wonder how the 3D/4D effect will look now, compared to the glory of The Philharmagic. Plus with Michael Jackson no longer with us, it might pretty difficult to do any real upgrades to the film 3D effect, minus the 4D effects. I just don't want to see the legacy of Captain EO ruined when and if it can't hold up to the modern classics. It's like watching a tv show you thought was funny as kid after you've grown up and realized it's not all that funny. The memory of it is ruined.
    If you enjoyed this cruise my name is Citizen of WDW and this has been the world famous Jungle Cruise, if you didn't my name is Citizen of WDW and this has been Space Mountain.

Be sure to Visit me on Facebook at facebook.com/meko187

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen of WDW View Post
    This first thing may sound nick picky, but the Magic Eye Theater is in Disneyland. The theater your thinking of at WDW is named the Imagination Theater located in Epcot. Also the show ran in Epcot and the show never ran at the Magic Kingdom. You might be thinking of Magic Journey (which is what Captain EO replaced), because that went to the Magic Kingdom after Captain EO debuted. Sorry about making a big deal out of names and details, it's just park history is something I obcessed with it.

With the petty details out the way, I'm on the fence with the EO returning thing. I watched it recently on You Tube and it's a decent show, but I wonder how the 3D/4D effect will look now, compared to the glory of The Philharmagic. Plus with Michael Jackson no longer with us, it might pretty difficult to do any real upgrades to the film 3D effect, minus the 4D effects. I just don't want to see the legacy of Captain EO ruined when and if it can't hold up to the modern classics. It's like watching a tv show you thought was funny as kid after you've grown up and realized it's not all that funny. The memory of it is ruined.
    I'm sorry, I was looking through a site with all the lost attractions of WDW it said there but they must be wrong. Don't worry, I'm the same way with park details

And yeah you are right, the details may be a little out of date but Disney can probably fix it. I heard at D23 Expo they did a Michael Jackson Memorabilia thing, maybe bring it over there, show clips of EO and his music videos. That would be cool but yes very sad for the people who grew up with that show
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage."
    -Walt Disney

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

I heared that in Janurary 2010. EO is going back into Disney Land. Maybe if people still like it there. It will come back to Disney World. Hopefully it will replace Honey I shrunk the Audience. haha

haha that sounds cool!
    -Walt Disney

langway4 is offline A-Ticket holder

I still have my stuffed "Hooter" from Captain EO..."See ya later trash cans!"