Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What was your biggest suprise? in the I Remember... forums; What ride or attraction were you on (or in) that suprised you or one your party the most? I hate to admit this! The 1st time I went to WDW ...
    chuckd3 is offline A-Ticket holder

What was your biggest suprise?

What ride or attraction were you on (or in) that suprised you or one your party the most?

I hate to admit this! The 1st time I went to WDW there was only the MK. I was about 25 and the 1st ride we went on was Jungle Cruise. Please keep in mind that we had several Disney fanatic friends preparing us for our trip. They all kept telling us how unbelievable and real the rides and effects would be. So when the CM driver of the JC boat told us the Cruise would take about 6 hours, I believed it! I wished I had gone to the bathroom b4 I got on the ride. I was so suprised when we came around a bend after 8 to 10 minutes and I saw the unloading platform

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: What was your biggest suprise?

The biggest surprise was how much I enjoyed Living With The Land. It just doesn't sound that great when you read about it on paper, but the actual experience was so interesting I ended up riding twice.

Cranium Command also was a nice surprise. Doesn't seem like they spent a lot of money on the theater or the presentation, but the story itself is really fun.

I didn't expect Rock N Roller Coaster to be as fast as it was, so I was blown away when I walked into the alley and saw the initial takeoff. Yikes!
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I gotta agree with Rock 'n Rollercoaster. I had no notion of what to expect and it was a better ride because of that fact.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

The first time I rode RnRc I was with my little cousin and my father I didn't expect that fast of a take off and I kept trying to scream but I couldn't, my mouth hit the floor and I was speechless for quiet some time. Then I got back on.

I also love Living with the Land, it's a must everytime we go now.
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I was surprised about the american adventure. 2 trips we walked past it thinking... why would we stop there we live IN America! BOY WAS I WRONG. I had been missing one of the best, most inspiring, shows in epcot. I was speechless the first time I saw the show. The great part about it was that we skipped illuminations (we had seen it the night before) and there were about 8 people in the theater with us, a very quiet and uninterrupted performance with your choice of any seat you want DO NOT pass up this pavilion...
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

My first ride on the Jungle Cruise as a kid. Back then they actually "shot" the gun at the animals and the skipper shouted at everyone to hit the deck and I did! Off of my seat and down on the floor with my head covered and cowering like a little wimp. I'll never forget how hard everyone on the boat laughed at me, and that was 30 years ago!!!
    Tim

Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hi!
    Just got back from Epcot in September and rode Soarin for the first time.
    I was just shocked and amazed of how incredible the experience was.
    What surprised me was that I really felt like I was flying and that at times
    I was going to fall out of the seat!
    It was such an incredible experience that I HAD to clap after the ride was done.
    We rode it again!

Sharon

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Soarin', how I know what it's all about but still to this day catch myself wanting to lift up my legs over the trees.

Expedition Everest, when you come around and see the broken track.

Living with the land, I love the ride now.

Rock n' Rollercoaster same as mentioned above.

Living with the seas, incredible how they match the animated fish with the real ones.

Lights Motors Action, I'm a big car fanatic and even go to the local dirt tracks some time, and of course NASCAR races. But wow, it's alot more intense then I though it would be, it's litterally a surreal expereince.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

My biggest surprise was probably Spaceship Earth after it Re-opened. It was always a ride that we thought, "If we do it, thats ok. If not, thats ok too." And now, its one that we HAVE to ride every time.
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Biggest surprise for me is a two-fold answer. It's got to be the music from both, The American Adventure and The Hall of Presidents. I've told my wife many a time, you can get a better history lesson from both attractions than what I got out of school and the music always leaves me with a lump in my throat, another, "well done Disney".

TheBoxingGuru is offline A-Ticket holder

It had to be Country Bear Jamboree... I hadn't seen it since 1994, and thought I'd be bored by it, but we took my parents to see it, and I really enjoyed it! I guess it's true... "absence makes the heart grow fonder"(?)

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Back in July of '01 when we first took our kiddos to WDW (ages 6, 8 and 9 at the time) we were in Tomorrowland in the afternoon after an already long and hot day in MK and we accidentally stumbled upon this attraction called Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress.
    It looked like it had A/C so we could go in there and cool off for a bit.
    Needless to say, the rest is history...!
    We NEVER miss it and it will always be one of our all-time favs!!!

Another that I can think of off the top of my head is Star Tours. Rode it back in '87 right after it openned at Disneyland and was completely blown away at the time!

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

Rock N Roller Coaster was surprising ride for me when first time I rode with my little friends, my age was approximately 15 years and splash mountain ride was also surprising ride for me when we were first time there and I rode this ride.

Best Regards,

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

One of my biggest surprises was how "hammy" the turkey legs tasted the first time I tried one
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

My biggest surprise was the crowds I encountered during the Christmas season, even though I expected a large crowd. It was the first time I had seen cast members asking guests not to stop and take pictures due to amount of people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast