Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Open Debate of Missed Pavillions. in the I Remember... forums; I'm not saying I want any of these of old attractions to be brought back in place of the current attraction, but which of these attraction/pavallions do you miss the ...
    Citizen of WDW is offline A-Ticket holder

Open Debate of Missed Pavillions.

I'm not saying I want any of these of old attractions to be brought back in place of the current attraction, but which of these attraction/pavallions do you miss the most or the least? And please do go into detail. Your choices are World Of Motion, Horizons or the Wonders of Life Pavillion.
    If you enjoyed this cruise my name is Citizen of WDW and this has been the world famous Jungle Cruise, if you didn't my name is Citizen of WDW and this has been Space Mountain.

Be sure to Visit me on Facebook at facebook.com/meko187

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Re: Open Debate of Missed Pavillions.

Horizons.. hands down!

I have so many memories with my brother and I arguing where we wanted to live when we rode Horizons.

I miss Cranium Command as well. But I'd do anything to have Horizons back! I cannot stand Mission:Space
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

i think wonder's of life because it's the only one that hasn't really been made into anything else. World of motion turned into Test Tracks and some things from world of motion are in that so atleast disney is showing it respect. Horizons turned into Mission: Space which also includes a few things from horizons to. And then there's wonder's of life. Just left to sit there and in my opinion Disney is showing almost no respect for it. And horzions and world of motion each have only one ride, but in Wonders of life there are Cranium Command, Body Wars, Goffy about Health, Making of Me, a few shows, a few little play areas, a gift shop, and a small resturant/ snack bar. I atleast want to see something happen with Wonders of life. It just kills me to see that huge gold dome. And there be no use for it

Citizen of WDW is offline A-Ticket holder

I argee with these options. Another good question,did it hurt more to watch them tear down horizons or gut World of Motion down to the shell it is now?
    If you enjoyed this cruise my name is Citizen of WDW and this has been the world famous Jungle Cruise, if you didn't my name is Citizen of WDW and this has been Space Mountain.

Be sure to Visit me on Facebook at facebook.com/meko187

Since I don't remember World of Motion.. I'd say Horizons!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

and seeing wonder's of life just sitting there. don't forget that. haha

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I miss Horizons because my memory is my DDs only 2 and 7 months taking a nice slow air-conditioned ride that was perfect in July. I also love the Carousel fo Progress sequel story.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I miss all 3 attractions but if I had to rank them it would be 1.Horizons, 2.WOM, then WOL.
    Epcot is a mere shadow of its former glory. I liked it better when the characters were nowhere to be seen in Epcot. Epcot used to have its own identity. Now it's simply an annex to the Magic Kingdom. The systematic dumbing down has turned it into a park that only holds my attention for a 1/2 day. I wish Disney would spend money on their U.S. parks and get them back to the level of quality they deserve instead of opening new parks in corners of the world where I'll never go. IMO globalization has cheapened the Disney brand and I see no evidence that this trend will reverse.
    Last edited by elvistelth; 11-06-2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: sp

I wish EPCOT still had great rides like these. And maybe I would even spend a whole week there. But, I do like what it i now. It just isn't as good. On my last trip (a week) I spent about 4 days at EPCOT. It is still my favorite park

I agree that Epcot jsut doesn't have the things it used to have. It used to be my family's favorite park. Soarin' has helped it a lot, but I still miss a lot of the rides and attractions that used to be there!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

same.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

1.Horizons
    2.WOM
    3.WOL

The old Epcot wasn't exactly Walt's Dream, but it is becoming farther from the dream. I would love to send MS away and the Characters could be the caboose on the way out. I remember back in the day when they were only on the two story bus in the Show Case. Now they are popp'n everywhere in Epcot. Not everything has to be Mickey this and Mickey that. Insert given Character.

mission space is just okay. On each vacation (if you go once a year) the first time on is really fun. The 2nd time just fun. The 3rd "ugh". The 4th "I now know every word on this ride". The 5th "I want to go on Honey I shrunk the audience (and that's saying something haha).

Fun2BFree is offline C-Ticket Holder

Agreed on the EPCOT feelings. Future World currently has lost it's identity. It doesn't know what it should be, and it's surely lost the wonder and majesty it used to have.

My vote goes to WoM. Horizons was a gem, but at least Mission: Space has some coolness to it (but i gives me a splitting headache). Wonders of Life was cute, but didn't have that level that the original pavilions had.

World of Motion was humorous, educational, and thrilling. The post-show was the tops out of all Future World stops. Test Track is simply lame. It has no thrill in the ride until the last moment, but even that isn't too thrilling. It's boring. And it has the absolute worst music in all the parks - hands down.

I geuss being a teenager and loveing thrill rides makes me love Test Tracks. It's probably my favorite ride. But, the music is too short. You hear some electronic music for like 5 minutes in line... whats the point? haha. What about the Imagination pavillions to? (even thorugh I love the new journey into imgination)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast