Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss I will remember you; River Country in the I Remember... forums; I also am fascinated by abandoned theme parks, including River Country and Discovery Island. To me it's just thinking about all the happy memories that were made there and that ...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Re: I will remember you; River Country

I also am fascinated by abandoned theme parks, including River Country and Discovery Island. To me it's just thinking about all the happy memories that were made there and that the place is now completely discarded and unwanted. It's kind of a mix of sadness and nostalgia, for me... plus a bit of adventure and spookiness when I imagine myself sneaking into these places and exploring them.

If we can dream it, we can do it

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    I also am fascinated by abandoned theme parks, including River Country and Discovery Island. To me it's just thinking about all the happy memories that were made there and that the place is now completely discarded and unwanted. It's kind of a mix of sadness and nostalgia, for me... plus a bit of adventure and spookiness when I imagine myself sneaking into these places and exploring them.
    Abandoned Pop Century project intrigues the heck out of me.

Have you seen the abandoned park in Japan? The knockoff-Infamous Disney clone that was named Nara Dreamland. It was actually a pretty darn good clone in its day. All things considered.

Urban Exploration Resource: Forum - View Thread Note, the sight is a bit wobbly so you have to be patient as you roll over the picture for it to come into view.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

I love reading stuff about Nara Dreamland. I recently found a website where a group of curious young folks actually went to Nara Dreamland and photgraphed a lot of their experiences there. The website also had their documentations of several other lesser-known and odd theme parks.

Here is a link to it: CLICK HERE

It seems that the park is now closed forever.

One of my favorite abandoned theme parks is Dogpatch, USA in Arkansas. For some reason the photos of its current state of disrepair are very haunting to me.

If we can dream it, we can do it

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Thanks, I had seen those at some point, Pygmy had posted it a while back. I had forgotten about that place. In its hay day, it was something.
    Thinking back to 1961, it must have been pretty cool.

Here is the monorail in better days.

Novelty Monorails-Nara Dreamland. Nara, Japan

Here are Videos when it was alive

STELLAVISTA: Dreamlando

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    I love reading stuff about Nara Dreamland. I recently found a website where a group of curious young folks actually went to Nara Dreamland and photgraphed a lot of their experiences there. The website also had their documentations of several other lesser-known and odd theme parks.

Here is a link to it: CLICK HERE

It seems that the park is now closed forever.

One of my favorite abandoned theme parks is Dogpatch, USA in Arkansas. For some reason the photos of its current state of disrepair are very haunting to me.
    Dood, that was great! I loved checking those pics out, I especially liked the staircase to nowhere. That must have been so odd for them to be one of two groups in a dilapidated, bizarro world Disneyland! I will have to check the other parks they have on there now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12