Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by MartianCrab Leaving the corpses of deceased rides is minusing. we just talked about this on the new fantasyland thread... even with all the expansion there... this will ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: "Minusing"

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Leaving the corpses of deceased rides is minusing.
    we just talked about this on the new fantasyland thread... even with all the expansion there... this will probably still be there...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

I can't see Skyway pictures (operational or otherwise) without making that terror-inducing "dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-DAH!" sound in my head.

I think I will seek professional help.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I understand the liability of having a skyway and agree with why they took it out...I just marvel at how they left the two stations up. They could have disguised them, repurposed them, or removed them.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

If only the DVC was around then...

- Walt Disney

At least they aren't selling Balzacs from the skyway chalet.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Or Crocs

- Walt Disney

BTW, I really love your signature photo.

My ego thanks you. Have a gold star.

- Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Somehow the theme of the Fantasyland skyway building lends itself better to Snow White than to either Peter Pan or IaSW. It's the patio below that helps it to blend in. At least Disney hasn't let it fall into disrepair. Makes you wonder if they're using it for storage or something, being that it hasn't gone away yet. Maybe it's anchored too well into the ground to go tearing up Fantasyland or Tomorrowland?
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Does make you wonder what they could store in there.
    ABANDONED DISNEY: MK Fantasyland SkywayTower - Blog - Imagineering Disney

I understand the issues with the attraction and why it needed to go. Good imagineering.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I love David Koenig's story of an Attraction Host being spat on by some teenager on the Skyway. He promptly left his Greeter position and ran over to the Tomorrowland station so as to "physically demonstrate" to the offender the error of his ways...

- Walt Disney

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

I was only in WDW once when the Skyway existed, and I honestly don't even remember if I went on it (probably will have to ask my mom, she would know)...and it wasn't until all that long ago that I learned that the random building past iasw was the fantasyland station...it does make for a decent backdrop, but it's a shame what Disney has left behind in many places...

...I need to do more research into the Skyway to learn more about, as I really like researching old Disney World stuff just for fun...I have done a lot of research into River Country, Discovery Island, some older attractions I was too young to experience, like 20,000 Leagues and the original Journey into Imagination, just never got around to researching the Skyway...

...speaking of River Country, when I was there in November, the morning of my cousin's wedding I had a few hours to myself, I literally went over to Ft. Wilderness just to see where it was...got a couple good glimpses but there were a couple maintenance workers hanging around so I just stopped looked and turned around...took the Blue Flag boat past it where you can see it very well...took a video on my Blackberry (not that great because of not being able to zoom much)...now THAT is a shame, not just seeing pictures of what has become of Rive Country, but seeing it in person really puts it in perspective of what actually has happened to it...didn't think my rant would take me that far, but I thought it would be very similar to the Skyway situation here
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

River Country: Is this the new breed of imagineering?

Obviously they have abandoned Walt's principles to allow this eyesore to fester on the property.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab
    Obviously they have abandoned Walt's principles...
    That was a done-deal by the summer of 1994 when the quality of show was deliberately relegated as part of the operational strategy. That's what I honestly wish people would realise when they peddle the "Disneyland will never be finished" and "Change is good/necessary" lines.

Anyone who has done any serious reading about Walt's character and philosophy would know (and I apologise, having chewed people out on here before for second-guessing the ghost of Walt) that he would have deliberately distanced himself from almost all of these "improvements" and changes.

As for River Country, there's something eerily beautiful about it all. I still love the comment on here from another poster who said that "it is simply being reclaimed by nature".

I always love that kind of out-of-the-box view.

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post

As for River Country, there's something eerily beautiful about it all. I still love the comment on here from another poster who said that "it is simply being reclaimed by nature".

I always love that kind of out-of-the-box view.
    Thank you! The next time my wife complains about the condition of our lawn
    I will assert that it is being reclaimed by nature!! It's not that I'm too lazy to mow it...it's a goin' green kinda thing!

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast