Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; State that it would be immoral to interfere with the Circle of Life...
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Re: "Minusing"

State that it would be immoral to interfere with the Circle of Life

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Thank you! The next time my wife complains about the condition of our lawn
    I will assert that it is being reclaimed by nature!! It's not that I'm too lazy to mow it...it's a goin' green kinda thing!
    OMG! I pray my DH does not read this post of yours. His brain trends to work like yours.

I had just looked at those River Country pictures too. And then my brain flipped again to the abandoned imagineering of the Legendary Years for all to see from Pop and the bridge to Creepityville. That place is Eerily going green also.

YouTube - The Forgotten Legendary Years at Disney's Pop Century

Does anyone know if Disney has followed through with building the Animation Suites over there or if it was just Disney hype and fizzle again?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

The generation gap bridge. Another excellent example of Disney dropping the ball...and then mistakenly kicking it while bending to pick it up.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

More Disney magic...
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

The generation gap bridge. Another excellent example of Disney dropping the ball...and then mistakenly kicking it while bending to pick it up.
    I'm not so sure about that. They promised a gap and they certainly provided one for us. Mission accomplished, I'd say.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Waiting to see if The Haunted Mansions interactive queue will be Plusing or Minusing or if the simple tombstones loved by all will return.

Construction far more extensive than anticipated.

YouTube - Haunted Mansion Interactive Queue Construction 02/12/11 Walt Disney World

I still have faith, surprisingly to some perhaps.

Now, let's just get rid of that AWFUL red canopy! And, while we're at it, get those trees cut back!

Claude Coats did not design that building so it could be obscured by nature!

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. They promised a gap and they certainly provided one for us. Mission accomplished, I'd say.
    You are twisted enough to work for Disney's PR Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post

Now, let's just get rid of that AWFUL red canopy! And, while we're at it, get those trees cut back!

Claude Coats did not design that building so it could be obscured by nature!
    Wooba! Are you one of those that is happiest when the heat index is 110 degrees and you are standing in direct sunshine at 2pm in the afternoon.

Me loves some shade. Did you hate the cherry tree's on Main Street too?
    I miss them. BigBrian-NC

BamaJenn

I've nothing against the shade, and everything against the REDness of it!

- Walt Disney

This blog has recent Mansion excavation photos. It looks extensive.Master Gracey's Haunted Mansion

Major Dude is offline C-Ticket Holder

Looking over the castle pictures HG posted and I think adding that stage in front of the castle was a "minusing".
    BareFozzie in the box

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Major Dude View Post
    Looking over the castle pictures HG posted and I think adding that stage in front of the castle was a "minusing".
    Perhaps there was a time when, if you took your photo correctly, the Partners statue lined nicely with the entryway to the castle. BEFORE the stage was installed. I never tried it. Then again, I've never bothered bending down to do the stupid crown trick with the Cinderella fountain, either.

Gone are the days of all-day easy walk-through access to the castle. Now, I find myself taking the side paths more and more. So long, Cinderella murals. We hardly knew ya.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

sorry i feel behind on this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    OMG! I pray my DH does not read this post of yours. His brain trends to work like yours.

I had just looked at those River Country pictures too. And then my brain flipped again to the abandoned imagineering of the Legendary Years for all to see from Pop and the bridge to Creepityville. That place is Eerily going green also.

YouTube - The Forgotten Legendary Years at Disney's Pop Century

Does anyone know if Disney has followed through with building the Animation Suites over there or if it was just Disney hype and fizzle again?
    i think nature has totally reclaimed River COuntry as its own, and now rumors abound that Disney wants it back from nature so they can build another DVC resort possibly... and i had heard that the animation suites are moving ahead...

dont they like to do that alot though...?

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Waiting to see if The Haunted Mansions interactive queue will be Plusing or Minusing or if the simple tombstones loved by all will return.

Construction far more extensive than anticipated.

YouTube - Haunted Mansion Interactive Queue Construction 02/12/11 Walt Disney World
    Disney scares me sometimes when they start doing extensive work to something that isnt broken... and honestly how often do you stand on a line outside HM...? and if you do are you out there that long...?

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Perhaps there was a time when, if you took your photo correctly, the Partners statue lined nicely with the entryway to the castle. BEFORE the stage was installed. I never tried it. Then again, I've never bothered bending down to do the stupid crown trick with the Cinderella fountain, either.

Gone are the days of all-day easy walk-through access to the castle. Now, I find myself taking the side paths more and more. So long, Cinderella murals. We hardly knew ya.
    you and i both mike... i never thought that was necessary... but that stage is really a tremendous eyesore nowadays... why they need a show right in fron of Cinderella's Castle is beyond me...

Quote Originally Posted by Major Dude View Post
    it absolutely was minusing... Disney for some reason thought they needed to give guests a reason to stop at the castle...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    and i had heard that the animation suites are moving ahead...
    And yet for all the blogs out there, no pictures. Can't remember when the anticipated opening date was.

Disney scares me sometimes when they start doing extensive work to something that isnt broken... and honestly how often do you stand on a line outside HM...? and if you do are you out there that long...?
    And with all the metal trusses up it looks like there will be more red awnings over the new queue area. Hope it doesn't block the view from frontierland.

you and i both mike... i never thought that was necessary... but that stage is really a tremendous eyesore nowadays... why they need a show right in fron of Cinderella's Castle is beyond me...
    An asphalt, concrete jungle leading up to castle. It was pretty with the castle peeking out the closer you walked up main street. It was a nice place to linger and have a snack when the Cherry Tree area was there.

it absolutely was minusing... Disney for some reason thought they needed to give guests a reason to stop at the castle...
    I think the stage was intended mainly for the Disney Infomercials.
    Castle makes good backdrop whenever they hit TV. Terrible.

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast