Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; I remember hearing that they were installed, but I don't remember ever seeing them. But then, I'm not one to marvel at the castle. With four parks to visit in ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: "Minusing"

I remember hearing that they were installed, but I don't remember ever seeing them. But then, I'm not one to marvel at the castle. With four parks to visit in one day, these past few years have all been hit-and-run.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

I tried that once... and it was nearly the end of me. Then again, summer probably wasn't the best time for it.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

This new NextGen attraction reservations is the worst idea they have ever had.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Agreed. USF was experimenting with it last summer with no clear benefit or advantage... provided we are thinking about the same thing.

- Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    This new NextGen attraction reservations is the worst idea they have ever had.
    This is a horrible idea.

From inside the magic today....
    Disney announces “NextGen” theme park technology to include ride reservations from home, advance hotel check-in

by Ricky BrigantePosted on February 17, 2011

Disney’s award-winning, revolutionary FastPass system may become a thing of the past in the coming years as the theme park pioneers work on their newest methods to eliminating lines.
    One of the biggest (likely the biggest) complaints guests have in attending a theme park is having to wait in line. You wait in line for hotel check-in, to ride attractions, see shows, eat, and even to use the restroom. And with the addition of FastPass as a way to reserve a time later in the day for a ride, guests even sometimes have to wait in line to get a pass.
    Disney is well aware of the negatives associated with waiting and for several years has been creating new technologies to help ease, or potentially eliminate, the need for queues. In an investors conference today in Anaheim, Calif., Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs said Disney’s ongoing “Next Generation Experience,” or “NextGen,” project will include ways of checking in for a Disney hotel stay at home, with delivery of room keys prior to arrival.
    But in an even bigger development, Staggs said Disney is developing “a version of Fast Pass for the an entire Disney vacation.” This new ride reservation system would allow guests to book times to ride various attractions in advance of even being in the park, much in the same way dining reservations are made. The same would be possible for seeing theme park shows and even meeting characters.
    And once on rides, the “NextGen” project will create experiences based on guests’ personal information, allowing a new level of interaction with attractions.

Staggs did admit that all of this technology is still years away. Right now, smaller steps are being made to improve waiting in line, such as adding interactive elements and games like those now found in the Magic Kingdom at Space Mountain, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and soon at The Haunted Mansion.
    But do guests really want to reserve rides and shows from home? Doesn’t the average tourist already have enough planning to worry about, with hotel, plane, rental car, and dining reservations? Do guests at a Disney theme park want to eliminate all spontaneity from a trip?
    Moreover, what will happen to the traditional “standby” line for those who don’t make these reservations (or have any kind of FastPass)? Will those lines continue to get longer as a result of ride time bookings, essentially forcing all guests to make the reservations out of fear of spending hours in line?
    Disney is almost definitely considering all these scenarios and reactions to ride reservations and with the system still years away from showing up in the parks (if ever), there is plenty of time to get it right. But the worry remains… Perhaps instead of overhearing excited theme park visitors exclaiming “Let’s ride Space Mountain!”, it will turn to “What’s next on our schedule?” – and that’s no fun.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Seriously, what is the problem here? For decades, people have patiently (or at least tolerated) waited in line for attractions. Either Disney is getting above its payscale BIG TIME in attempting to second-guess what the guest experience should be, or society as a whole has become far too impatient and selfish for its own good.

- Walt Disney

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    Seriously, what is the problem here? For decades, people have patiently (or at least tolerated) waited in line for attractions. Either Disney is getting above its payscale BIG TIME in attempting to second-guess what the guest experience should be, or society as a whole has become far too impatient and selfish for its own good.
    I'd go with the latter.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I SEE YOU 20K! HOW DARE YOU MOCK MY FISHIE GOODNESS!
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I'd go with the latter.
    I would agree. A sad reflection indeed.

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post

I SEE YOU 20K! HOW DARE YOU MOCK MY FISHIE GOODNESS!
    Aaaaaaaaahhhh Groupie Group-Group!

I'm sorry, but you just look absolutely ridiculous!

A person would think you saw William Shatner naked with an expression like that on your face. It's not your fault you look so stupid, I know that, but could you at least not make an effort? Like, I dunno... do something more than gulp and flip your fins? I know it's difficult when you're fastened to a concrete coral reef, but at least make an effort.

- Walt Disney

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Please fill out all complaints on the form below.
    Sincerely, G.S. Bass
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Haha. I love that so much. Wish page 2 was still kicking around as well. You can just imagine the Helmsman doing the animation check by the summer of 1994...

"Crabs? Yep, they're still there.
    Moray eels? Yep, still in one piece.
    Divers? Meh, they're still standing.
    Okay, MO-7. 20K is good to go this morning."

So, before I'm accused of derailing this, is there any word on whether this would be rolled out across a park as a whole, or instead limited to a select few attractions?

- Walt Disney

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

please tell me that they arent serious about this...? 20k... you are right on the money... we have become way too impatient as a society and i know i can be guilty of it too... i just spent an hour in traffic... and i wanted to kill someone... but it i would never complain about standing on a line at WDW... if it seems too long... i come back later...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    please tell me that they arent serious about this...? 20k... you are right on the money... we have become way too impatient as a society and i know i can be guilty of it too... i just spent an hour in traffic... and i wanted to kill someone... but it i would never complain about standing on a line at WDW... if it seems too long... i come back later...
    Right. And if I can't ride it this time, I'll get it on my next visit. No big deal.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Well some guests love their Fairies, this is a minus from their home at the MK.

WDWNT report
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast