Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by 20K You would have thought they would have budgeted and forecasted to have Fantasyland complete in time for the 40th. It still really surprises me. To think, ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: "Minusing"

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    You would have thought they would have budgeted and forecasted to have Fantasyland complete in time for the 40th. It still really surprises me. To think, if they had played their cards right, they could have celebrated with the "new" land and the "original" Tiki Room.
    I don't believe the 40th and Fantasyland had a darn thing to do with each other. Look at the lack of a 25th for Epcot. Mainly a fan event.

Fantasyland was just a knee jerk and very late start to Harry Potter at the other Park.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Does it seem to you the current management style is just "doing things on the fly"?

They seem worse at executing long term planning compared to how they used to do it.

I get a sense that they are just trying to keep their heads above the water.
    They have a plan. Plan #1 Fantasyland, Plan #2 Fantasyland, likely we will see Plan #3......

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    -

I don't buy the reasoning that the money was not there either; just look at the meteoric rise in ticket price and merchandising - ahead of inflation - for a start. That theory is blown clean from the water.
    Nobody buys into the lack of money thing...
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I don't believe the 40th and Fantasyland had a darn thing to do with each other. Look at the lack of a 25th for Epcot. Mainly a fan event.

Fantasyland was just a knee jerk and very late start to Harry Potter at the other Park.
    Oh sure, don't get me wrong. I would just have thought that - as they will do with the Tiki Room - they would have used it to suggest it was related.

My current favourite is that it took so long because of "underground" infrastructure problems. Ehhhh... the Utiladors do not extend that far back!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Does it seem to you the current management style is just "doing things on the fly"?

They seem worse at executing long term planning compared to how they used to do it.

I get a sense that they are just trying to keep their heads above the water.
    Oh, I don't know. Two plus years to throw up a few spare rides in Fantasyland seems a bit "long term" to me. And by not giving dates any longer, thet can float the opening to any time they need to. Keeps the whole "unset pavement" from Disneyland's opening day at bay.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Haven't they changed the Fantasyland expansion midstream? Weren't they planning to go heavy into Tinkerbell and then changed? That's planning? It's more like reflexes.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Yes, but at least it was for the better. At least they listened to the consumers.

- Walt Disney

I'm not criticizing the decision to change the plans...I'm saying that the mere fact they altered them shows their planning isn't what it used to be.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

No no, I wasn't implying you were. Not at all.

And yes, it further highlights the difference.

- Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

And as for me, the "long term plans" was 100% sarcasm.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Sorry, my sarcasm filter was clogged and needed to be changed.

That'll be $500 plus tax

- Walt Disney

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

They have a plan. Plan #1 Fantasyland, Plan #2 Fantasyland, likely we will see Plan #3......

Nobody buys into the lack of money thing...

disney has money. i dont think anyone doubts that.

having worked in a venue of a tourist attraction, its true ticket prices are expensive but do help to cover a majority of the operating costs, paychecks, ect. so while we complain bout the price of this or that, we do also want to best quality that we expect from disney.

i do wish that the new fantasyland would of been done in time to celebrate the 40th anniversary.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

To the best of my memory, Disneyland 50th, Disneyland Paris 15th, and Disney World 25th is the only thing that has been truly celebrated.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    To the best of my memory, Disneyland 50th, Disneyland Paris 15th, and Disney World 25th is the only thing that has been truly celebrated.

agreed
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

If you ask me, I think the reconstruction of California Adventure is going to put that on a whole other level than the WDW Magic Kingdom is on right now. There's going to be a lot to do and see at California Adventure once it's completed with World of Color being an ah-MAZING nighttime show. The expanded Fantasyland is just going to be a lot to see and not a whole lot to do. I do not know of any interactivity that they will be including in the Fantasyland expansion yet and I think there will be a lot of hidden things in there as well. The only new attraction coming to Fantasyland is the Mine Coaster if I'm not mistaken.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast