Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; I'm just noting possible causation, not passing judgement on it. I forget how much my brother was making before Eisner came in and shook things up, but I recall everyone ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: "Minusing"

I'm just noting possible causation, not passing judgement on it.

I forget how much my brother was making before Eisner came in and shook things up, but I recall everyone in the family was shocked by his starting salary. He left ten years later still making $14 an hour as a lead (well, he was a lead until he started talking a little too much religion to the wrong superior who put him out in the parking lots). No small change for the late 80's. Really not small change these days when you get right down to it.

CM's who came in after him probably had to put in twice as much time before they saw their salaries get that high.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I've heard from friends who were former cast members, two of whom are retired, that Disney is notorious for low salaries and bad pensions.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I wonder if the days of ice cream scoopers and popcorn vendors becoming top brass within the Walt Disney Company are long gone.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I've heard from friends who were former cast members, two of whom are retired, that Disney is notorious for low salaries and bad pensions.

Yep. With profit margins through the roof, all things considered.

That's why I have a hard time with the "EPCOT pavilions are sponsored, so..." argument.

The Seas w/Nomo & Friends isn't. And I'd have to imagine that is the most expensive pavilion in the park to run.

It'd just be nice if Disney treated those who got it where it is with a little more dignity and respect.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Minusing
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

As "minused" as you can find anywhere on property.

And yet, the Seas aren't any less "living".

I don't know about that. When we were there last year, the tank seemed as "empty" as I've seen it since I first saw it. Might have just been a bad time of the day, I don't know.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

That tank has been misused for years... Its not used the same way anymore...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Remember when the diver used to come down through that giant water-filled tube?
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Yup... Those were the days for the living seas...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Along with that excellent opening movie and the hydrolators.

.........it rained......and rained............and rained.......

That's my favorite line...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Sure beats "mine, mine, mine..."

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast