Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by MartianCrab Absolutely. Sadly, many apologists are unwilling to believe the truth. There is the section of Kool-Aid type guests that believe that it sacrilege to say anything ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: "Minusing"

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Absolutely. Sadly, many apologists are unwilling to believe the truth.
    There is the section of Kool-Aid type guests that believe that it sacrilege to say anything negative and you are anti-Disney automatically. Can't have a conversation with a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyFromMD View Post
    That is 100% true.. Even in recent years it's gotten worse, I remember my first trip back in 2003. Sure, there were a few pieces of trash, but you would always see a worker rushing to clean the trash.. My last trip was 2009, and within just 6 years, there is more trash just lying around the place.. Just some of the workers don't feel like fully doing their job, and thats a shame because I'm sure there are some people that would do a great job and work with that Disney happiness
    Since 2000 we have seen the difference in the resorts also. From the bushes to the pool areas. When the moderate hotels opened they were manicured constantly. Now you wait until it is refurb time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Part of the problem was when Eisner came in he slashed salaries. Monstrously. I know because my brother was a CM there at the time.

That's not to point a true finger of blame at Eisner. Disney, as a whole was reeling, and WDW was honestly paying their employees way too much. It was the first logical cut to make.

But, that cut also started the downward trend of of quality CM's.
    And when it is your livelihood who would not be disgruntled?
    You don't pay the utilities with Mickey devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyFromMD View Post
    Do they just make minimum rage now? Or is it lower then that?
    Many do. There are far more college program and international college students than 10 years ago. They US students are paid minimum, rumor has been that the internationals make slightly less. Sad. Even at that Disney deducts around 100+ a week for rent. So basically a chunk of the CM's you run across spend their entire pay at Disney for room and food.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    There is the section of Kool-Aid type guests that believe that it sacrilege to say anything negative and you are anti-Disney automatically. Can't have a conversation with a brick wall.
    It's just like the question posed the other day asking "do we really miss the old EPCOT?"

Well, yes. I absolutely do. The comparison between the original Living Seas and the current kiddie ride there is the ultimate example of how far EPCOT has fallen.

And the level of cleanliness at the MK is another indicator of the drop in dedication to the parks. At least they haven't made a bunch of wholesale changes there, though.

I suppose if you never witnessed the parks in their original glory it simply seems like belly-aching from a bunch of nostalgics.

It's really about missing the higher quality WDW used to aspire to.

Agree. I'm hoping Harry Potter is a reality check and over the next few years will bring some upgrades and the return to quality. Just the stats for Universals parks going up in percentage of visits and WDW parks (except for AK) going down, hope the revenue loss forces Disney to re-evaluate.

Yet it maybe a long time before Disney can or ever will correct that mistake. There was a large portion of Disney loyalists that never visited Universal Parks, Harry changed that. A chunk of Disney guests will continue to visit Universal after their first taste. Disney doing nothing to correct areas like Future World and rest on its laurels in the World Showcase won't help the bottom line. Adding a restaurant to Mexico and Italy isn't really a reason to skip Universal.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Adding a restaurant to Mexico and Italy isn't really a reason to skip Universal.

Very well said.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

What about adding another Balzac cart?
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

The day Innoventions West truly had the fork stuck in it. Not that it was any great shakes before that.

Then again, I wasn't the biggest fan of Communicore outside of that awesome futuristic store they had there. But, with all the outstanding attractions in Future World there wasn't much time left for something like Communicore.

Agree. I'm hoping Harry Potter is a reality check and over the next few years will bring some upgrades and the return to quality. Just the stats for Universals parks going up in percentage of visits and WDW parks (except for AK) going down, hope the revenue loss forces Disney to re-evaluate.

Yet it maybe a long time before Disney can or ever will correct that mistake. There was a large portion of Disney loyalists that never visited Universal Parks, Harry changed that. A chunk of Disney guests will continue to visit Universal after their first taste. Disney doing nothing to correct areas like Future World and rest on its laurels in the World Showcase won't help the bottom line. Adding a restaurant to Mexico and Italy isn't really a reason to skip Universal.
    Agreed.

Oddly enough, I never imagined the day when Universal would become and honest to goodness threat to the WDW Resort.

I remember working for my father at Cypress Creek Country Club right down Kirkman Dr back in the day. Essentially right across the street from where Universal would eventually be built. WDW was the supreme ruler of central Florida back then (Sea World wasn't even close), and Universal was only on paper. If that.

Times have really changed.

JoshK47 is offline C-Ticket Holder

While I tend to agree, many of the message boards I see are filled with major nostalgics who have an issue if the hair on the CoP's father gets parted a different way.

There are certainly things Disney never should have changed (original Imagination), and there are definitely areas in the park that need improvement (disco Yeti), but there's a Chicken Little mentality on the internet that everything at Walt Disney World is falling to pieces ever since the World of Motion was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshK47 View Post
    While I tend to agree, many of the message boards I see are filled with major nostalgics who have an issue if the hair on the CoP's father gets parted a different way.

There are certainly things Disney never should have changed (original Imagination), and there are definitely areas in the park that need improvement (disco Yeti), but there's a Chicken Little mentality on the internet that everything at Walt Disney World is falling to pieces ever since the World of Motion was closed.
    There's a reason why it's still the number one vacation destination in the world. It just seems as though they've started to rest on their laurels a bit.

One can only wonder how Walt Disney would have reacted to empty attraction buildings in his parks.

EPCOT is still a great park, it's just not as good as it could be (and once was).

JoshK47 is offline C-Ticket Holder

There's a reason why it's still the number one vacation destination in the world. It just seems as though they've started to rest on their laurels a bit.

One can only wonder how Walt Disney would have reacted to empty attraction buildings in his parks.

EPCOT is still a great park, it's just not as good as it could be (and once was).
    I can't disagree (especially with empty attraction buildings, RIP Wonders of Life) - I do apologize if I came off slightly abrasive in the post, I just get a bit up in arms because I feel like I see a lot of negativity with very little looking at the fact that things are still better than they are in other theme parks.

I can't disagree (especially with empty attraction buildings, RIP Wonders of Life) - I do apologize if I came off slightly abrasive in the post, I just get a bit up in arms because I feel like I see a lot of negativity with very little looking at the fact that things are still better than they are in other theme parks.

Absolutely no apology necessary. You make some excellent points. I admit that even I tend to be a little more negative than is called for. It's just difficult watching a resort that was nearly perfection in every way a couple of decades ago stumble as it has recently.

But, it says a lot that it's still the benchmark in theme park resorts.

We're like a bunch of Yankees fans. No matter how good we have it, we're never satisfued.

And see my take on Epcots Future World is it is gradually declining. I'm all for change to keep interest. Boarding up the place in lieu of upgrades not in my opinion a great thing for Epcot. We use to spend two whole days in Epcot to hit everything with my kids. Trust me they'd be bang'n their heads into the wall if we spent 2 days in Future World now a days.

I enjoy the World Showcase in the evening a great place to unwind however the few attractions, been there, done that. Disney has gotten their monies worth out of it, now it is time to give back to the returning guests and polish it up a bit.

Yep, it is the benchmark that other entities are now starting to achieve, Harry Potterland. Fantasyland will look much better. I can see me riding Under the Sea, or whatever it will be called and the new roller-coaster, if it is good....I'll like the view of the castles, it will be charming to pass bye, spending much time in them or with all the Princesses???Don't see it happening in my family. All the Princess stores, not likely.

OK and another Minusing for me.

They are moving the Fairies back from Future World at Epcot. (Like they were not out of place there )

But they are moving the Fairies to Adventureland. In the Adventureland Veranda. I do not understand the mucking of the lands. There is a stead fast rule amongst the CM's. You do not mix or you damage the ambiance of the land. So Disney as of July 28th will stick the Fairies in Adventureland? Seriously?

This is what we will be seeing soon mixing with the Pirates and the Jungle Cruise:

It is a minusing for me. I've never found anything adventurous about Tink.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm not touching that one.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Hahahahaha...

I was struggling with something witty, yet clean at the same time.

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast