Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; Yes and no. If the park closed a half hour ago and you haven't been able to find your way back to your resort (or at least the transportation) by ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: "Minusing"

Yes and no. If the park closed a half hour ago and you haven't been able to find your way back to your resort (or at least the transportation) by now, then shame on you. It is NOT a half-hour walk to the monorail, even from the back of the MK, much less the top of Main Street or the main entrance.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Adventurers' Club 2011..This is minusing:
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Yes and no. If the park closed a half hour ago and you haven't been able to find your way back to your resort (or at least the transportation) by now, then shame on you. It is NOT a half-hour walk to the monorail, even from the back of the MK, much less the top of Main Street or the main entrance.
    I vote no. The party is very pricey for a few hours so few leave early. The reason Disney Transportation generally works is because the majority of the guests do not arrive and depart at the same exact time. The monorail stuffed to full capacity only holds 365 guests with all six cars and that included the space with the pilot. Add in the strollers, wheelchairs, electric carts, the monorails just don't have the capacity to move guests around in 30 minutes. You can't stack up monorails for continuous loading like a bus. 30 minutes is too tight of a time frame, especially for those with smaller children.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Adventurers' Club 2011..This is minusing:
    Indeed. It was one of my pet peeves on the If I were the CEO thread.
    Seems to be the same imagineering Disney gave to the blocked off area of the Winnie the Pooh queue. Charming.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I vote no. The party is very pricey for a few hours so few leave early. The reason Disney Transportation generally works is because the majority of the guests do not arrive and depart at the same exact time. The monorail stuffed to full capacity only holds 365 guests with all six cars and that included the space with the pilot. Add in the strollers, wheelchairs, electric carts, the monorails just don't have the capacity to move guests around in 30 minutes. You can't stack up monorails for continuous loading like a bus. 30 minutes is too tight of a time frame, especially for those with smaller children.
    I don't think they want you to leave early. But if it ends at midnight, you start heading out by, well, midnight. Gives you a whole half hour to walk the two minutes over to the monorail station. As far as it being packed, I doubt the sign means that they're going to leave customers stranded on the platform after they've been standing around for an hour, just because the clock strikes 12:30. They might, however, close off the line at 12:30, to keep stragglers from jumping in. Not saying it's right, just saying it's entirely possible not to be left behind. It doesn't take a half hour to WALK from the front of Animal Kingdom to the back of the parking lot for your car. One can certainly make it to the monorails in time to get back to the resort.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

My two cents:

First of all, that sign is at the backdoor/northside exit/entrance of the Great Ceremonial House, right?

If so, I'd think they're essentially letting resort hoppers know that if they're staying at the GF or Contemporary, they should best get their butts moving before 12:30a.m. unless they want to walk.

In other words, the express line will run until they have parks closed and cleared out, but resort hopping stragglers will be on their own past that point in time.

Am I reading this incorrectly?

I'd say that about sums it up. A half hour for that trip seems generous, considering it's a three minute walk to the monorail, a ten minute wait, and a six minute trip on the loop. "Get your butt in gear lest you want to be stranded here."

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

If ye want to ride ye monorail counter clockwise, ye best be moving by half past midnight!

That'll get them there brain muscles working!

I think Disney is Dumb. It defies the logic of merchandicing. Whenever a park is closing down that is the time the stores are packed. Hurrying the guests out to get on the monorail just doesn't seem logical from a financial point.

My DS friend was a CP, monorail pilot I believe 2 years ago. I believe he was earning just around $7.00/hr. Bet most purchases in the store are over $7.00. If I were Disney I'd let the guests buy every last thing they wanted as they exit up Main Street.

Having done the Halloween Party, you already have your trick or treat bag, snacks, you aren't going to be making your special party merchandise likely until the end. Just think it is short sighted.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I think Disney is Dumb.
    ...pennywise / pound foolish.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Exactly. There is so much revenue to be gained with limited edition and limited access merchandise.

I think Disney is Dumb. It defies the logic of merchandicing. Whenever a park is closing down that is the time the stores are packed. Hurrying the guests out to get on the monorail just doesn't seem logical from a financial point.

My DS friend was a CP, monorail pilot I believe 2 years ago. I believe he was earning just around $7.00/hr. Bet most purchases in the store are over $7.00. If I were Disney I'd let the guests buy every last thing they wanted as they exit up Main Street.

Having done the Halloween Party, you already have your trick or treat bag, snacks, you aren't going to be making your special party merchandise likely until the end. Just think it is short sighted.
    I disagree only in that they've got a very short turnaround time at the parks. Especially when they're open late. They can't roll out the maintenance crews until the guests are gone.

Plus, you've got to set deadlines. If not, where do you draw the line?

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

No offense, but I am pretty sure Disney has made this choice based on financial variables you (nor I nor anyone else on the outside) don't even have enough knowledge of to know they exist. They are not trying to lose money. There is a reason they are doing it and it is not really that big of a deal. Why make it one?

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Morrow View Post
    No offense, but I am pretty sure Disney has made this choice based on financial variables you (nor I nor anyone else on the outside) don't even have enough knowledge of to know they exist. They are not trying to lose money. There is a reason they are doing it and it is not really that big of a deal. Why make it one?
    Wow. First, by rules of etiquette, putting a a precursor of no offense does not excuse offensive statements, just saying.

Second, how do you know me? How do you know my family and friends along with who they are employed by or are you just making that up off the cuff? Some pretty big assumptions. Seriously, I can't wait to hear how you garnered that information about me that you shared with our members here.

It is your opinion that it is not a big deal, so be that. I have mine. Me<------when I have stayed at a Monorail hotel, I kinda want the monorail. The perk of staying in the Contemporary to me is the monorail and I find it a big deal not to be able to ride it back when I stay there, if that is from the MK or Epcot.

I'm having a hard time understanding the flak your getting over this opinion. Maybe we have a few overworked monorail mechanics/pilots posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I disagree only in that they've got a very short turnaround time at the parks. Especially when they're open late. They can't roll out the maintenance crews until the guests are gone.

Plus, you've got to set deadlines. If not, where do you draw the line?
    I disagree. The Magic Kingdom has a long history of staying open much later than hours of ending the Halloween party. On previous trips we actually saw MK CM's in the wee hours of the morning doing custodial work that they normally don't do during Park Hours. Magic kinds slips a tad at 2 or 3 am.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding the flak your getting over this opinion. Maybe we have a few overworked monorail mechanics/pilots posting here.
    Oh I don't mind intelligent banter. I can be swayed sometimes by others points. I sat back and soaked in the Avatar for awhile for example, the changing of MGM to DHS's or Lordie the Dining Plan. What I have little tolerance for is when the posted debate turns personal, fictional data or smug. I genuinely enjoy other peoples opinions even when I disagree.

This thread I've always loved because it is Minusing. I find shortened Monorail hours to be a minus not a plus. But hey they is just my opinion of a minus.

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast