Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; wow... can i just say... i was away for like 2 weeks and look what happened... everyone had sooo much fun... i cannot be away for this long again......
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: "Minusing"

wow... can i just say... i was away for like 2 weeks and look what happened... everyone had sooo much fun... i cannot be away for this long again...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Awwwww...

The jig is up folks.

Hopefully JNota takes another vacation soon...

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

"If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Can't decide if seeing the 'ole Future World is bringing back warm memories or sadness over what Disney has let her deteriorate to.

Thankful my kids were able to experience the vision of yesteryear. It took a day plus some pick up time in their childhood to take it all in.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

That was more like a tribute to Horizons.

I'm on record many times over as missing the original EPCOT Center.

Disney kinda painted themselves into a corner with the original version, and then completely lost their way when they tried to make it "less boring".

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I was never a fan of the 15-20 minute or more rides of the old Epcot. They were cute when they started, but by the time it was over, MAN was it time to get the heck off the ride. One last hold-out to go and we're clear of the old style lengthy rides. Hear that, Ellen? You're next!
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Yeah, but Universe of Energy was the only ride of any substantial length. World of Motion, Horizons, Journey, and Spaceship Earth had almost identical ride duration.

Should Spaceship Earth go to?

I_am_back is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

No, but that wasn't what I had in mind when I posted it. Spaceship Earth was never substantially long. Horizons was nearly 20 minutes, if I rememer the ride-through correctly. I will have to go back to the ride and doublecheck. As far as Journey, the current version is cute at first, but even that one starts to drag on after a while. I don't recall World of Motion that well, though the song was one of the most annoying written, even by X Attencio's standards.

Horizons was shorter than Spaceship Earth according to the scholars at Wiki. In other words, probably exactly the same ride duration. WoM was around 15 minutes as well.

They have SE listed at 16 mins.

UoE is a behemoth that should have gone well before Horizons or WoM, IMO. That ride has always been very long, and very boring. Doesn't appear to have as high of a through-put either. It may, but Horizons and WoM were extreme crowd eaters. And not nearly as long in duration as you recall.

They obviously didn't excite you, and that's cool. But they, along with the original Journey were all right on pace with Spaceship.

Listen to the Land is the only other ride I can think of that likely had a longer ride duration. Though, I honestly don't recall. and I haven't been on it since the 80's.

I_am_back is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I just checked my ride through tracks. I have a Horizons ride-through that is 23:33 minutes long. My World of Motion ride-through track is 27:06 minutes long. Maybe it's just that we wanted to forget how long these rides really were?

As far as Listen to the Land, I rode it a few years ago, just after they got rid of the live on-board narrator. The recording was odd, and ensures the exact same ride each time. It's not exactly the same, but if Disney chose to go with the awful Thurl Ravenscroft narration that they released from Disneyland as the standard on-ride recorded skipper, the ride would lose some of its appeal. It was nice to have a person pointing out certain things, or something special for that day that a recording isn't going to do.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Personally, I prefer the longer rides. I hate standing in line for 30 minutes or more for a 5 minute experience. That isn't worth it to me.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

goodday is offline A-Ticket holder

But the shorter rides should also, in theory, move more guests through? I guess it also depends on the vehicle system.

"Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site."

Wish I knew the whole story here. Supe is brash and unapologetic, but this seems a bit extreme.

Cat had a lot to add to this site.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Personally, I prefer the longer rides. I hate standing in line for 30 minutes or more for a 5 minute experience. That isn't worth it to me.
    This is actually an interesting point.

We once stood in line for Test Track for nearly three hours because it kept, (SURPRISE!!!), breaking down. It was our only day in EPCOT, so we endured it. Though, I likely suffered quite a bit of hearing loss from that EXTREMELY LOUD QUEUE!

Had the ride been three times longer, I wouldn't have exactly been bitter.

goodday is offline A-Ticket holder

That really is one queue that isn't interesting or even tollerable as you stand along waiting to get on. The music is bad, the slamming of the mallet is loud, it's just not friendly or inviting at all.

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast