Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; I've bailed on Test Track more than I've actually ridden. It breaks so frequently and the music is hands down, the worst in any WDW attraction....
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: "Minusing"

I've bailed on Test Track more than I've actually ridden. It breaks so frequently and the music is hands down, the worst in any WDW attraction.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

As I stated once before, I thought they did a really fine job with it, and found it rather impressive the first time I went through it. But, it just didn't hold up well.

Perhaps if they turned the volume down to 9 from the current Spinal Tap-ian 11 it's currently set at.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Test tracks queue was Disney's real first great attempt at an entertaining queue. It is just time to move forward.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

goodday is offline A-Ticket holder

Entertaining might be the wrong word to use. Informative, maybe? My problem was that the displays were so spaced out that there was a lot of downtime until you reached something to see. And then if the line was long, you wound up standing next to some very loud exhibits for a while. Yikes.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Actually, I think Gabe might have chosen the proper term. The Living Seas and UoE had highly informative queues. TT's queue was indeed informative, but it presented it in a more entertaining fashion.

Aside from that, you and I both agree on everything else you stated.

On a recent WDWNT podcast the subject of the refurb came up and one of the hosts said that the fanboy community was speculating that they were going to make some kind of cross-breed between WoM and TT this time around. Sounds rather absurd, IMO. But, that would make for a very interesting concept.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I think the problem with the TT queue is that people are looking for interactivity and this queue would look like it is that... Then it isn't... Which becomes disappointing... It needs to be updated to an interactive queue... Then maybe it will be beloved...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Sleepy Hollow going from serving Mickey Waffles in the morning hours to generic rectangle shaped waffles.

Sorry, doubt the kids are going to find the rectangle magical.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

goodday is offline A-Ticket holder

Sorry to be chiming in on this one so late. Just spent a glorious internet-free weekend setting up my winter home in the Poconos, sandwiched around one of two Trans-Siberian Orchestra concerts (my annual tradition). The second show will be next month in Orlando on the day I arrive at WDW!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Actually, I think Gabe might have chosen the proper term. The Living Seas and UoE had highly informative queues. TT's queue was indeed informative, but it presented it in a more entertaining fashion. Aside from that, you and I both agree on everything else you stated.

On a recent WDWNT podcast the subject of the refurb came up and one of the hosts said that the fanboy community was speculating that they were going to make some kind of cross-breed between WoM and TT this time around. Sounds rather absurd, IMO. But, that would make for a very interesting concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I think the problem with the TT queue is that people are looking for interactivity and this queue would look like it is that... Then it isn't... Which becomes disappointing... It needs to be updated to an interactive queue... Then maybe it will be beloved...
    I personally hope that Disney doesn't start messing with every single queue, making them ALL interactive. What the heck does this say about us, as a society, if we can't stand in line (patiently or otherwise) the way we used to without constant brain stimulation???

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Sleepy Hollow going from serving Mickey Waffles in the morning hours to generic rectangle shaped waffles. Sorry, doubt the kids are going to find the rectangle magical.
    Doesn't really change the taste, though, does it? And at the end of the day, it really doesn't much matter what shape they're in.

Sure hope that doesn't offend anyone.
    Last edited by goodday; 11-14-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Let it go, brother.

I agree with you on the interactive queue thing. But, how sad is it that people are walking through the parks constantly checking their "smart" phones? Same basic concept. I guess Disney is trying to get their minds back on what they're supposed to be there for.

Then again, I don't have a great deal of experience with the interactives. The "new" Space Mountain queue was underwhelming. As was whatever else they actually did there while they had the ride closed for an eternity...

Quote Originally Posted by goodday View Post

Doesn't really change the taste, though, does it? And at the end of the day, it really doesn't much matter what shape they're in.

Sure hope that doesn't offend anyone.
    To me no. To my kids when they were small, it was all about the Mickey.
    Same can be said about plating any kind of food, eye appeal counts.
    A balloon can be round and float but the kid is more likely to like the Mickey Shaped one. Marketing 101.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Let it go, brother.

I agree with you on the interactive queue thing. But, how sad is it that people are walking through the parks constantly checking their "smart" phones? Same basic concept. I guess Disney is trying to get their minds back on what they're supposed to be there for.

Then again, I don't have a great deal of experience with the interactives. The "new" Space Mountain queue was underwhelming. As was whatever else they actually did there while they had the ride closed for an eternity...
    First off,

Next, yes, I did consider the smart phones while I was typing that out. It's amazing that we need to be 'in touch' and occupied at every minute of the day. I still carry around a novel with me to the parks for the longer rides. Just something I've done since I started going to the parks. OK, no, I wasn't reading Parker or Dorsey or Karp back then. But these days, it really helps me to get by. Plus, I don't have to recharge it in an hour because I was so bored standing around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    To me no. To my kids when they were small, it was all about the Mickey.
    Same can be said about plating any kind of food, eye appeal counts.
    A balloon can be round and float but the kid is more likely to like the Mickey Shaped one. Marketing 101.
    My point only stands when you consider the loss of Mickey waffles only affects those who have had them before. Guests who are having their first breakfast at the resorts or a park and have never seen a waffle in the shape of Mickey heads have no idea what they could have been eating in lieu of the triangular ones. Plus, the eggs, sausage and bacon aren't shaped like Mickey and kids will eat those.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post

My point only stands when you consider the loss of Mickey waffles only affects those who have had them before. Guests who are having their first breakfast at the resorts or a park and have never seen a waffle in the shape of Mickey heads have no idea what they could have been eating in lieu of the triangular ones. Plus, the eggs, sausage and bacon aren't shaped like Mickey and kids will eat those.
    I betting there are plenty of repeat visitors at WDW. My kids were always a big fan of Mickey and by the posts I've seen here many adults are too. But many things over time at WDW Dining are loosing their
    originality and going to generic. So the Mickey Waffle is just the latest
    novelty to bite the dust. Maybe next the Mickey Ice Cream Bar for a generic one.

Quote Originally Posted by supe
    It's amazing that we need to be 'in touch' and occupied at every minute of the day.
    Couldn't agree more.

I suppose it's just a function of age. Not sure how old you are, but I'm 41 and started out in the park when I was a tike in the 70's.

Rotary dial, baby!! Would've had the "special" police tracking me had I been carrying one of those around with me.

Eh, kids these days...

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I hate cellphones and only reason I own one is because I have kids. I don't want to be one of those people who are constantly playing with their phone like they have ADD. I also carry a book and read when I'm bored.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Well, I will own up to playing games on my iPod Touch while on break at work.

But said iPod would never see a Disney park.

As for my old-fashioned dumb phone, at least twice a week I have to stop and ask myself, "where did I leave that thing?" My boss and my wife (not related) have even given up trying to call me on it. It's usually locked up in my car, or sitting on my computer desk at home.

But, to be fair, once again it's a function of age. We simply didn't have those kind of things when we were kids and made it through life just fine. Therefore, we place a far lesser importance on having them every minute of every day.

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast