Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe I betting there are plenty of repeat visitors at WDW. I always think that way, too, until I get there and notice how many people are ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: "Minusing"

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I betting there are plenty of repeat visitors at WDW.
    I always think that way, too, until I get there and notice how many people are there for their very first time. I start noticing who is carrying maps or who looks totally lost. And even for the repeat guests, I'm sure not all of them are splurging for breakfast. Well, maybe moreso now that Disney is still giving away dining.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I suppose it's just a function of age. Not sure how old you are, but I'm 41 and started out in the park when I was a tike in the 70's. Rotary dial, baby!!
    Ahh. I still remember the day dad came home with a little cardboard box with a thin white plastic phone, sitting in its plastic cradel... finally, a toggle switch between tone and pulse!
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I betting there are plenty of repeat visitors at WDW. My kids were always a big fan of Mickey and by the posts I've seen here many adults are too. But many things over time at WDW Dining are loosing their
    originality and going to generic. So the Mickey Waffle is just the latest
    novelty to bite the dust. Maybe next the Mickey Ice Cream Bar for a generic one.
    i can honestly say this... ive been going to WDW since 1993 when i was about 7 and i have never had a Mickey waffle... it never really got me all that excited... maybe i was strange... but though i know Disney is getting generic (hello Disney Parks napkins) im not sure this is the end for everyone...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

As long as I can still get a frozen banana and an eggroll in Adventureland, I'm good.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i can honestly say this... ive been going to WDW since 1993 when i was about 7 and i have never had a Mickey waffle... it never really got me all that excited... maybe i was strange... but though i know Disney is getting generic (hello Disney Parks napkins) im not sure this is the end for everyone...
    It is the little things that made Disney Dining of yesteryear that use to make it stand out when my kids were little. My kids started at 2 months, no waffle that trip and DS 14 months. Those little things started out as special and then a tradition. Also was the sugar cubes that were in the shape of Mickey Head and same with the butter. The refill cups we have for all the resorts we stayed in. When my kids ordered a meal at a sit down they had Mickey Plates, small silverware with Mickey's, small grippe glasses that were marked with Mickey's. Also the kids meals came in cool packaging with buckets, pumpkins, snowmen. Great when we stayed at the resorts with beaches. Granted it didn't make things taste better but it was all part of the Magic for the small.

We have many things packed away that were take withs from the restaurants for the kids including the coloring books at the sit downs. Every year it seems something disappears and nothing Disney replaces it, just generic food service items. : (
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    (hello Disney Parks napkins)
    I despise the Disney Parks napkins and cups
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

While I'm not a huge fan of the generic Parks products, I can see Disney's point in trying to standardize things and realize a cost savings, where possible. Then again, could it really cost more to print up four different style cups vs. four times the amount of one style cup? They should still be at the printing threshold for pricing. Perhaps it's just a question of logistics for them, knowing that one park can never run short on product with everyone sharing one design. Oh helI, it's just Disney taking away the lil' bits of magic that we hard core fans appreciate. But to the everyday park guest, they don't much notice or care what's on their cups, just what's inside.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I guess it's just me, but the cups and napkins never affected me either way.

Now, the standardizing of clothing and merchandise on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I guess it's just me, but the cups and napkins never affected me either way.
    I think it more applies to the crazies who fly home with the Disney paper cups and napkins in their suitcases, for some reason.

I did take home this wild martini glass from the Pleasure Island Jazz Company once. The wife used to put potpourri in it.

I'm pretty sure I threw it away just recently.

A nice logo'ed glass, sure. Makes a great collectible. Papergoods? Eh, not so much.

It didn't have a logo. It was a lizard standing on its hind legs balancing a bowl on its head. It was Key West cheese, but still kinda neat.

OK, I stand corrected. Glad to hear that it might have found its way into the trash.

It was gutty and gritty. It would have won you over.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I think it more applies to the crazies who fly home with the Disney paper cups and napkins in their suitcases, for some reason.

I have some really odd things I've collected over the years. I have my mug (cheap little thing) from the very first Christmas Party. I have the Halloween bags from the very first Halloween Party. I have grand opening paper stuff from Epcot, MGM and AK. On my DH desk sits a little clear jar that holds leaves from a bush at the Rock'n entrance to the area. There is a real tall wall there. My then 4 year old daughter picked a few leaves (while waiting for DS and I to get off Rock'n) walked over and had my DH put out his hand and sweetly said to her Daddy, Happy Birthday. If that makes my family crazy, so be it.

It is all what sparks a memory. Also on my DH desk is every tiny wind up toy of every attraction Disney created. It is funny when he and clients are having a debate over something on a blueprint and then the client starts playing with an attraction toy and they move onto Disney.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 11-17-2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast