Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; It's funny the first trip you get maps, grab up souvenirs like mad, take pictures like a crazed person, several trips in the madness decreases, now we rarely take pictures, ...
    Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Re: "Minusing"

It's funny the first trip you get maps, grab up souvenirs like mad, take pictures like a crazed person, several trips in the madness decreases, now we rarely take pictures, maybe buy a magnet to show the year and maps are thing of the past.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I despise the Disney Parks napkins and cups
    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    While I'm not a huge fan of the generic Parks products, I can see Disney's point in trying to standardize things and realize a cost savings, where possible. Then again, could it really cost more to print up four different style cups vs. four times the amount of one style cup? They should still be at the printing threshold for pricing. Perhaps it's just a question of logistics for them, knowing that one park can never run short on product with everyone sharing one design. Oh helI, it's just Disney taking away the lil' bits of magic that we hard core fans appreciate. But to the everyday park guest, they don't much notice or care what's on their cups, just what's inside.
    Mike... I am with you on this... I know why they do it... And it all makes sense... But I do remember the days when each restaurant had their own napkins and such... Just seems too generic...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Mike... I am with you on this... I know why they do it... And it all makes sense... But I do remember the days when each restaurant had their own napkins and such... Just seems too generic...
    I agree it does make fiscal sense but when did Walt sacrifice what is truly right for saving some money?
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

ummm... last time i checked Walt almost put the company into the ground a few times... so id say when it came to saving money... that didnt compute...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I have some really odd things I've collected over the years. I have my mug (cheap little thing) from the very first Christmas Party. I have the Halloween bags from the very first Halloween Party. I have grand opening paper stuff from Epcot, MGM and AK. On my DH desk sits a little clear jar that holds leaves from a bush at the Rock'n entrance to the area. There is a real tall wall there. My then 4 year old daughter picked a few leaves (while waiting for DS and I to get off Rock'n) walked over and had my DH put out his hand and sweetly said to her Daddy, Happy Birthday. If that makes my family crazy, so be it.

It is all what sparks a memory. Also on my DH desk is every tiny wind up toy of every attraction Disney created. It is funny when he and clients are having a debate over something on a blueprint and then the client starts playing with an attraction toy and they move onto Disney.
    Collectibles are one thing. Or at least things that are meant to be collectible. I love your list. Glad I didn't see any random paper napkins in there

When I wrote to Joe Rohde and his wife to add them to my autograph collection, Melodee responded first as Joe was out of the country at the time. Along with my book, she sent me a small shopping bag from the Disney Imagineering Employee store. It's a small black tote bag that you take your purchase home in. I kept it not because it'll be worth something some day (it won't), but because it's something that I would otherwise never get to see. Now, would I fly home from WDW with a stack of paper napkins and an empty paper drinking cup? No, of course not.
    Last edited by supernova; 11-18-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    It's funny the first trip you get maps, grab up souvenirs like mad, take pictures like a crazed person, several trips in the madness decreases, now we rarely take pictures, maybe buy a magnet to show the year and maps are thing of the past.
    I'm with you. These days, I honestly have so little to take pictures of. How many times are you going to get the same shots of the same scenery? Other than character pictures (and even then, only with ones I haven't met before), I rarely find myself reaching for my camera. Now, when I went to DLP a year ago for the first time, I was picture crazy. Until my camera died and I didn't have my charger with me. Oops.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I'm with you. These days, I honestly have so little to take pictures of. How many times are you going to get the same shots of the same scenery? Other than character pictures (and even then, only with ones I haven't met before), I rarely find myself reaching for my camera. Now, when I went to DLP a year ago for the first time, I was picture crazy. Until my camera died and I didn't have my charger with me. Oops.
    Yeh Mike... Eventually I think you do end up collecting less and taking less photographs when you go often enough...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

It's to the point where I barely take my camera out any longer.

On a side note, I'm working on figuring out how to send those tracks, but there aren't any good free sites to send large files these days!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Have you tried the Drop Box application? It gives you 2GB with the free version. Me and a buddy share a folder on there and exchange music all the time.

If you decide to go with it let me know. I'd love to have some of the stuff you've got.

Checking it out right right. Thanks for the lead, sir.

It's to the point where I barely take my camera out any longer.

On a side note, I'm working on figuring out how to send those tracks, but there aren't any good free sites to send large files these days!
    hey... i appreciate your diligence... whatever you can do is greatly appreciated...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Checking it out right right. Thanks for the lead, sir.
    My pleasure. As I said, I've used it quite a bit and it works like a charm.

The only downside being you have to e-mail those you're sharing a folder with to let them know you've uploaded files to the folder. No biggie, IMO.

And like I said, if you decide to use it, please let me know.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

When the biggest news announcement is what Disney is not going to build now. Wasn't like anyone was on pins and needles for Disney WDC hotel.

Can't wait to see the next big announcement for Hyperion Wharf, had the plug half way pulled on that puppy barely six months after it was finally announced and Pleasure Island was shuttered what?Around 2008? Wonder if that will be the next big announcement.

Anyone heard how the DVC sales of Disney Hawaii are going? Wonder what those ex-CM's are doing now.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by goodday View Post

Doesn't really change the taste, though, does it? And at the end of the day, it really doesn't much matter what shape they're in.

Sure hope that doesn't offend anyone.

And it is all in the presentation to little children that makes the magic for little kids.

Kacie Galyon's Photo | Lockerz
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 12-15-2011 at 02:25 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Here's a real-life one from about 40 minutes ago. If you try checking into the DVC villas, you're told to come back at 4pm because your room isn't ready yet. Fine. Then why the helI was housekeeping knocking on my door at 8:23 this morning when I don't have to check out until 11am? "Please let us take your room back two and a half hours before you have to give it up, but don't even THINK about trying to get one 20 minutes early." Whatever.

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast