Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; Yeh... Mike on my last trip I had someone actually try to fob themselves into my room... And then claimed that they didn't know that I was still occupying the ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: "Minusing"

Yeh... Mike on my last trip I had someone actually try to fob themselves into my room... And then claimed that they didn't know that I was still occupying the room...! Could you imagine...? I was lost...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Joe, I realize I should have had my "DND" on the door handle, but I seldom use it on my check out day. Express check-out is what's causing the trouble. When you physically go to the front desk, they know you are clearing out. Otherwise, it could be any time before 11am. But 8:20 is far too early to come knocking on my door to clean up. What got me the most was when I pulled in, the lot was EMPTY. Tons of spots (as opposed to the zoo that was Wilderness Lodge's lot. So it wsan't like they needed THAT exact room at that moment.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

It is off season. They cut the hours of CM's hours so the housekeepers have X amount of hours to get their rooms in order. Come busy season the hours CM's works are extended. Thus they do what Disney requires them to do in their allotted hours.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Still doesn't change the fact that the room is mine until 11, and there is no way she should have been anywhere NEAR my room at 8:20. Esp on check-out day.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yeah, but that kind of thing happens everywhere.

HG, do they now consider the holiday season as off-season? They didn't used to when my brother worked there.

I think it might pick up closer to Christmas. At least the DVC points do.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

The closer to Christmas the busier it gets... I know they usually cut down on the help during off-peak seasons but like what happened to me... It doesn't excuse them not having the information that I still had the room for 2 days... They weren't even aware that I was staying there...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Still doesn't change the fact that the room is mine until 11, and there is no way she should have been anywhere NEAR my room at 8:20. Esp on check-out day.
    No argument, it would have been worse for her if she didn't get the rooms cleaned in the hours alotted. When it all comes down to it they all have to be cleaned by then. It is the system, not the lady. I've never had them disturb me when I put out the do not disturb sign, it is the guests safety net.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Yeah, but that kind of thing happens everywhere.

HG, do they now consider the holiday season as off-season? They didn't used to when my brother worked there.
    For Christmas the "dates" vary by where Christmas falls, it does alter the arrival dates and departures after New Years. Basically for 2 weeks it is high season, more CM's, much higher room rates, little or no perks. They actually raise the prices in the nicer sit down restaurants on certain dates over the holiday too, just cause they can.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Have you ever wondered why Walt Disney World's cheapness has led to minusing? Read this article:*Passport to Dreams Old & New: Passport to Dreams Year End Report, 2011
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

I read the linked PotC articles as well.
    All interesting reading.

Thanks for saying so...I was wondering if anyone had read the article.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Thanks for saying so...I was wondering if anyone had read the article.
    You're welcome.
    If they haven't read it, they should.
    I love reading it all...the good, the bad, and the ugly.
    Thanks again for the link.

No problem, in my opinion, Foxxfur has the best perspective on all things WDW.

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

It's a good read written by someone that obviously cares, but why anyone in the business of writing opinions ever tries to pass them off as facts seems silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Morrow View Post
    It's a good read written by someone that obviously cares, but why anyone in the business of writing opinions ever tries to pass them off as facts seems silly to me.
    Funny, I never viewed it as anything BUT editorial from the get-go, but, for good reason, because of things I've witnessed and experinced myself firsthand, I tend to agree with a lot of those opinions. Never said I agreed with or believed EVERY word of it.

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast