Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; Any nut can have a blog. And every nut with a blog will try to sell their opinion as fact....
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: "Minusing"

Any nut can have a blog. And every nut with a blog will try to sell their opinion as fact.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Morrow View Post
    It's a good read written by someone that obviously cares, but why anyone in the business of writing opinions ever tries to pass them off as facts seems silly to me.
    With writing, it's the reader's responsibility to realize when it is an opinion paper and not a factual one. Just because it's their opinion doesn't mean they have to say "I think...", To me it seems as if...", etc.

That being said, I'm glad to see someone else that is critical of two things that I've thought for the last few years. General dissatisfaction with Tom Staggs and and increasing level of displeasure of WDW's psychotic ladder of management. I learned last year that the Walt Disney Archives has to charge other branches OF THE SAME COMPANY to use as a resource. That's like my university charging me to log on to our website. That makes unequivocally no sense and it's creating what I believe to be the large gap in the ideas of the Imagineers and the actual results that are able to be produced.

This is the funniest thing I read from the entire thing:
    MAGIC KINGDOM REPORT CARD:
    Haunted Mansion Interactive Queue: C+
    Haunted Mansion Interactive Ghosts: C-
    Meet Mickey on Main Street: B+
    Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Bonfire: A-
    Upkeep and Maintainence: A-
    Not Being Idiots: F
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I think what Thom is referring to is:

"Okay. So in the next section I'm going to speak some serious truths about Walt Disney World that some of you, dear readers, may not want to hear. If none of this is to your taste then please skip ahead to the section break. This is no rant, no ruse. It is absolutely true."

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I think what Thom is referring to is:

"Okay. So in the next section I'm going to speak some serious truths about Walt Disney World that some of you, dear readers, may not want to hear. If none of this is to your taste then please skip ahead to the section break. This is no rant, no ruse. It is absolutely true."
    That's very possible. If it is, I'm sorry, I didn't see that part or probably didn't take it to mean "real facts"
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Any nut can have a blog. And every nut with a blog will try to sell their opinion as fact.
    Mike,
    You are right... I have a blog but i make it known at the get go if i am going out and making a statement off of my opinion... i want people to be mindful of a thought without trying to force my thoughts as being facts...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Mike,
    You are right... I have a blog but i make it known at the get go if i am going out and making a statement off of my opinion... i want people to be mindful of a thought without trying to force my thoughts as being facts...
    I've yet to trip across anyone who doesn't know a blog isn't certified facts. Even the very best books vary on opinions. I've read some very good blogs, some that are very entertaining. Many are not what I would consider nuts and pretty good at Blogging. And yet there are others that I just "x" out of in a hurry, never to return.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I don't think it's necessarily the public being stupid (in this case) about how to approach a blog. It's more the blogger over-valueing what they have to say and over-thinking the power of a keyboard. Keyboards are like opinions... we all have them. It's about not trying to present their little blogs as fact.
    Last edited by supernova; 01-16-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yep, you nailed it. And savvy folk tend to be a little more wary of someone who props themselves up thusly.

well said... definitely well said... i just hope i don't come off that way...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

This is one of the Walt Disney Company's biggest minuses right now. I almost can't believe they're doing this.

Compare these pictures:

to these ones:

and tell me what it is you think I see as terribly wrong with them.

On another note, this is similar to what the the "Passport to Dream Old and New" article had to say about signage. If it's there more than three weeks then it needs to have a permanent fixture. If you decided to make a new logo for a park, then you need to change all the signs at the same time. This is from last August, but I was there in December and it still hadn't changed.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Yikes! That's the entrance to the parks out in California? Looks like a Universal sign. I'll take WDW any day.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Yikes! That's the entrance to the parks out in California? Looks like a Universal sign. I'll take WDW any day.
    That's not the entrance. That particular sign is on Harbor Blvd if I remember correctly.

Edit: After looking at a map, that's definitely on Harbor Blvd and it is closed-off Disney-only access. Plus my phone took a mediocre double-exposure image as we were driving by.
    Last edited by WDW4Ever; 01-17-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

OK, I feel better. It's enough that they built around it, a la the Alamo and Graceland. I would hope Disney would do a better job of greeting the outside world than that eyesore.

As Shaquille O'Neill once said... "that's not awful... Not horrible... It's hori-awful..!"
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    As Shaquille O'Neill once said... "that's not awful... Not horrible... It's hori-awful..!"

Shaq: truly the voice of a generation.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast