Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; "I should have ordered the big breafess..."...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: "Minusing"

"I should have ordered the big breafess..."

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

If you wonder why Disney's maintenance has slipped, read: http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/bl...intenance.html
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Hmmmm...I'd like to say "excellent article, MC!"

But, I can't. Only because I've seen this happen over the years as well. And it saddens me.

I mentioned before how "nasty" the parks have become over the years. When I was younger, they were pristine. Daily. I know because my brother was a CM there and we lived right down the street and attended the MK on a pretty regular basis.

Nothing more to add. It's just saddening...

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    If you wonder why Disney's maintenance has slipped, read: http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/bl...intenance.html
    The biggest key from that article is the fact that no one cares anymore at the management position. And of course Corporate isn't going to spend the money on the parks when people are still coming to the parks in droves.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    The biggest key from that article is the fact that no one cares anymore at the management position. And of course Corporate isn't going to spend the money on the parks when people are still coming to the parks in droves.
    Exactly. Disney need some tough love.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Yep.

And good luck with that.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

If only others saw it that way... Those days I fear are long gone...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I noticed slacking at the resorts first. The Port Orleans resorts have a great deal of bushes and flower beds and they are still nice but not kept trimmed up as they once were. The little things in a room. Scratches that once were at least touched up were not any more. Overly worn spreads on the beds. The little things that were just let go now.

The first time I noticed at the parks was in the merge area of the coaster and TTT at the Studio's.
    The amount of stuff blown into bushes, the colored sidewalk areas with deep grim coating it. I had a Six Flags flash back.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

you know its bad when i went to EPCOT last year and one of the seagulls beaks ware broken at the Seas with Nemo and Friends... the surprise was the next day it WAS fixed... thought it might take them a few days... sadly this is where we're at...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    you know its bad when i went to EPCOT last year and one of the seagulls beaks ware broken at the Seas with Nemo and Friends... the surprise was the next day it WAS fixed... thought it might take them a few days... sadly this is where we're at...
    I wonder how many days it was broken before the day you noticed it and then saw it fixed the next day, though.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mike,
    That's what I was thinking... But it was my first day... So impossible to say...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Thanks for the tree shot. I had forgotten about those trees.

"Minusing" | Orange Bird

You Do Have Wings, Orange Bird

I'm pretty ambivalent on this whole Orange Bird thing I must say. As the article says, it's fairly exciting to inow that they do, occasionally, really listen to the fans. On another side, it's exciting to know that the new generation of Imagineers could be seen as "fans" in wanting to return Orange Bird to his "rightful" home inside the Sunshine Tree Terrace, but a burning question inside me is "Why do we need to resort to nostalgia in the parks in order for people to enjoy them?"

It boils down to two things as I see it.
    1) An original was created in the Orange Bird. There was no Tropicana, Florida Citrus movie that "inspired" the Sunshine Tree Terrace. Some of the most beloved attractions do not have movie tie-ins. Matterhorn, Pirates of the Caribbean (initially), or It's A Small World for examples. In reality, Andy Anaheim is Orange Bird's brother so I see not reason why the city of Anaheim can utilize him or have him in Disneyland or California Adventure in some capacity. And,

2) The parents if today, aged 30s and 40s as I see it, had the Disney World of the 70s and are nostalgic for it because the parks today, for lack of a better term, **** (vacuum?) in comparison to what they remember. Key term being what they remember. It's a vicious cycle.

I feel like people my age, 20s, early 20s, are feeling the loss of Walt himself. I could be wrong, this could just be me, but there's no single person that is the visionary of the movies, parks, and company that we've seen even though we were children through the "golden age of animation" and had Little Mermaid through Tarzan to grow up with. It's interesting; the parents of today had the parks to grow up with and are currently influencing whereas my generation has the movies with an unknown impact on tomorrow's movies and/or parks. The next CEO, in my eyes, should not be a businessman; have just the COO be the businessman, just like Walt and Roy. Go figure.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Nostalgia is not about what we have lost but what we haven't found.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Nostalgia is not about what we have lost but what we haven't found.
    For you, maybe.

Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast