Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC replace the chairs... that might be pretty much it... and a dusting probably... Good one....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: "Minusing"

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    replace the chairs... that might be pretty much it... and a dusting probably...
    Good one.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Hey Gabe...it's been a while.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Hey Gabe...it's been a while.
    Hey Bud. Missed ya!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I preferred TTT prior to Disney imagineers Plussed the area with billboards.

It isn't like Fantasmic needs a Billboard to draw in guests.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Pretty deceptive shot considering how far away from the ToT show building it actually is. And IIRC, that billboard was there before the ToT. So I'm not sure when this magical time was.

HauntedGabe likes this.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Did you ever go there, MC?

I had the pleasure. It was actually very, very cool. I liked how you essentially had to swim to all the "attractions".

I went there in the early 80s. It was fun despite the tea-colored water. Here's a picture I took from the nature boardwalk they used to have on the edge of Bay Lake:

I actually dug the dark water. Made it seem that much more genuine.

And thanks for the great links and pics.

My first trip was also in the early 80's.

Yeah, River Country still makes me sad, much like Discovery Island. Glad my kids were able to experience them both.

I'm sure Typhoon led to its demise and I get that. AK, why have Discovery Island, get that too. What I can't wrap my brain around is why abandon them and let them rot. Why not level them and clean up the mess? I only stayed at Pop once for a real quick trip, looking at the rotting partially built Phase II across the bridge was depressing.

Disney traded their fastidiousness and reputation for profit.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yeah, River Country still makes me sad, much like Discovery Island. Glad my kids were able to experience them both.

I'm sure Typhoon led to its demise and I get that. AK, why have Discovery Island, get that too. What I can't wrap my brain around is why abandon them and let them rot. Why not level them and clean up the mess? I only stayed at Pop once for a real quick trip, looking at the rotting partially built Phase II across the bridge was depressing.
    In the end, they certainly stepped up Phase II. With the amazing theme-ing they did across Art of Animation, it's a wonder people stay at Pop at all these days. Hmmm... an incredible Cars Radiator Springs layout vs giant yo-yo's...
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Please, do not put her in the position of having to say anything positive in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Disney traded their fastidiousness and reputation for profit.
    As much as I still love WDW and defend them against all the manufactured outrage here, this statement is absolutely true. The MK was always pristine back in the 70's and early 80's. It seems like the more they built, the less they took care of it.

One would have to assume Walt would have a heart attack if he were to see things like WoL or River Country in their current state.

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast