Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss "Minusing" in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by dcbush12 capt jack sparrow is a minus....back to the original with you ride!! back i say I had to dredge this up. I like Sparrow but....he's a ...
    Major Dude is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: "Minusing"

Quote Originally Posted by dcbush12 View Post
    capt jack sparrow is a minus....back to the original with you ride!! back i say
    I had to dredge this up. I like Sparrow but....he's a minus. The Where's Sparrow version could be turned back so he isn't the story but he's another one of the pirates we love who happen to be pillaging a town.

I saw that someone mentioned the Wonders Of Life pavillion too. Big Minus. I'm not so keen on the direction Future World is taking. Big thrill and movie based attractions are fun but learning and science and technology are cool too!

Give me a Hydrolator and star to sail her by....
    BareFozzie in the box

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh well we need changes... yeh right!!! it completely killed one of the best parts of SSE...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Yes, it most certainly did. While the current SSE has grown on me from a hate to an extreme dislike... It's not getting any farther. The climax/end has absolutely no inspirational value or anything for me. What used to be one of the most amazing emotional moments in all of Walt Disney World was reduced to an e-surance style commercial. Yes, we need to keep moving forward, but we need to watch where we're going while we do.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

This passage is from a book called Since the World Began: Walt Disney World and it sums up the philosophical change EPCOT went through and explains how it came to its current dismal state.

credit for this page goes to this site:http://mesaverdetimes.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I have a real fondness for Listening to the land. I miss this.

YouTube - Listen To The Land Song

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

if you look at every major Epcot attraction there are stars in em all... Gary Sinise, Patrick Warburton, HISTA (EO), Ellen... and it all started really with Body Wars and Cranium Command (think Hanz and Franz) in WoL...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I'm not a fan of most celebrities but I especially hate robin williams and billy crystal. I can't suffer any attraction their voices defile.

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

I miss this. A ride that didn't break down 5 times while I wait in line.
    Last edited by Mr. Tom Morrow; 06-30-2010 at 10:27 PM.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    I'm not a fan of most celebrities but I especially hate robin williams and billy crystal. I can't suffer any attraction their voices defile.
    I take it you don't like Monsters, Inc. or Aladdin, elvistelth
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I take it you don't like Monsters, Inc. or Aladdin, elvistelth

The man wins a prize!!! I've seen parts of both due to my job and my kids, but I haven't sat and watched them all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tom Morrow View Post

I miss this. A ride that didn't break down 5 times while I wait in line.
    I loved this ride too. It was fun to be free.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    The man wins a prize!!! I've seen parts of both due to my job and my kids, but I haven't sat and watched them all the way through.
    I hope it's an all expense paid trip to WDW, buddy!

Forgive me for being born after the time of this attraction, but that's World of Motion, right?
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

That sure is World of Motion. I got the picture from a website called Lost EPCOT. Word of Motion was where Test Track is now. I really suggest going to LOST EPCOT to see what EPCOT use to be like. Now World of Motion is replaced with a ride that breaks down every 5 minutes, and Horizons has gone to Mission Space that gets just about everyone I know sick and the "tame" version of the ride is also a "lame" version of the ride. I loved EPCOT as a kid but I feel it has become very weak compared to what it use to be. I do like Soarin though. So speaking of minusing, it seems like they minused almost all of EPCOT.

What was the whole concept behind World of Motion? I vaguely vaguely remember Horizons.

I do like Ellen's Energy Adventure. I'm a fan of Ellen DeGeneres and I think that energy it's a good concept even today still.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Epcot is indeed a shadow of its former glory.

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast