Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Your Opinion on the New Spaceship Earth in the I Remember... forums; I like a few things about the new version, but I really think the "Irons" version was the best....
    firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Your Opinion on the New Spaceship Earth

I like a few things about the new version, but I really think the "Irons" version was the best.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

iheartdisney01 is offline C-Ticket Holder

the only reason they updated it was because, well.. let's face it, it was outdated. Personally, I like both versions. I like the fact of the touch screans even though they are somewhat confusing. I wish they hadn't taken out the scenes at the end. Although, that was what could happen in the future and it really happened. Ugh...I'm confusing..
    Just Keep Swimming

My Disney Vacations...
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club
    2006(again)-Beach Club
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend
    2010(next vacation!)-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend

iheartdisney01

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

Just curious... what did you find confusing about the touch screens?
    Hypermommy

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney01 View Post
    the only reason they updated it was because, well.. let's face it, it was outdated. Personally, I like both versions. I like the fact of the touch screans even though they are somewhat confusing. I wish they hadn't taken out the scenes at the end. Although, that was what could happen in the future and it really happened. Ugh...I'm confusing..
    i think Disney cheesed out on the scenery and the attraction by throwing in touch screens and leaving it without anything really happening during the descent...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I don't care WHAT they do to the ride. Just as long as they don't bring back "Tomorrow's Child".
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

ashleighbass06 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I don't care WHAT they do to the ride. Just as long as they don't bring back "Tomorrow's Child".
    Oh, I liked Tomorrow's Child..."Tomorrow's child Tomorrow's child, Gathering gifts from our past..."

oh the madness...! the incessant madness...!
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

Smile Re: Your Opinion on the New Spaceship Earth

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-06-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Count me in to that many that aren't happy. Here's my opinion (being a little more descriptive than they murdered it.) Spaceship Earth, now that Horizons is gone, was the essential Epcot attraction. It is at the very entrance and center of future world for a reason. It showed us what Epcot was all about, celebrating, discovering, using our history, and looking toward the future. It displayed the human spirit, and showed how we will continue to advance. Essential to any good disney-future theme.
    -The Jeremy Irons (and even some previous) narration just gave you this feeling that it was something truly special and amazing that you were experiencing. An ancient, wise, being who has been around since the beginning of communication, of humanity, of US is speaking. You'd better pay attention, cause it's gonna be important. The narration was serious and non joking... just, as I said, very special. (This effect was also shown by the sage of time in the tapestry of nations parade, and is still shown at the beginning of IllumiNations, when the narrator begins the show's story.) The new narration is nothing compared to the previous ones. Judy Dench is old, but is too happy, and for goodness sakes she jokes about learning your ABC's during the ride. Not serious, it gives me that "we're not that important" feeling. Just another happening in the park. A voice can make all the difference. Think of UP, where the Alpha dog's voice thing is messed up.
    -The climax and ending got taken out. Not improved. There used to be that amazing part where you'd hear "On this, our spaceship earth." bring the ride to one of the most amazing "give you chills" moments where the beautiful score gets louder, the car turns and the earth is seen. Pure magic. After that, you would decend the ride with scenes of promises of the future, and my second favorite part, the fiber optic city. all with the music and narration. it was very powerful. The new ride has no climax. You see the earth, but there seems to be a message missing. As for the touch screens, they do not. do not. belong in the ride. They're great new technology, very cool, actually. But they should be in the post show. They would be PERFECT for the post show exhibits. Now we see some glow-y panels, and an e-surance style commercial in the ride. It just doesnt work. It's cool, but it's not special.
    -I did, however, like that they thoroughly improved the AA's, as well as the smoothness of the track.

I still ride spaceship earth, but I really miss what and how completely special it used to be. You're dealing with human advancement. You can't dumb that down like that. It is very special and should be displayed as so. I rode it when I was 9 and was completely blown away by it. It has been a must do every time we're in epcot since then, but I feel that it is nowhere how great it was/could be.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

i completely agree with you... by taking out the Jeremy Irons version, and "dumbing" down the attraction i think they have effectively ruined the last of the original Epcot attractions... this makes Epcot nothing like it was when it opened in '82...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Jeremy Irons is my favorite version, but there is something I like about the slight british accent of Judi Dench that it is in the current one (Okay so sue me if it's not actually british)
    Last edited by WDW4Ever; 07-22-2010 at 01:49 PM.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123