Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Your Opinion on the New Spaceship Earth in the I Remember... forums; (Insert comment here)....
    voyageofariel is offline Host of the Tiara Talk Show Podcast

Exclamation Your Opinion on the New Spaceship Earth

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-06-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Check out the Tiara Talk Podcast on iTunes! Official website: http://www.tiaratalkshowpodcast.com

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Your Opinion on the New Spaceship Earth

Overall, I think the only thing good about the new version is the enhanced AA's. That's where the good stuff ends for me.

Music is much worse than in the Irons version, and its still lacking Tomorrows Child. I think Judy Dench is weak in the narrartion and would have preferred either Irons or Cronkite over her, there's just no strength in her performance. The script seems dumbed down for a 4 year old instead of older riders. The ending/descent is, in my opinion horrible, though laughable when photoshop cuts off half your face for the cartoon at the end. This stuff worked for Horizons, but it doesn't work for SE for me. The blue lights on the descent bother my eyes.

The little "play area" (Project Future?) after the ride is ok, though I remember the best version being sometime in the late Cronkite-era, early Irons era. Does anyone else remember those circular ridelike things you could go on after SE in this area? They tilted in different directions to do motion simulation, and you stood up and had rails to hold on to? That was cool, wish they'd bring that back.

Smile Re: Your Opinion on the New Spaceship Earth

(Insert comment here).

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Check out the Tiara Talk Podcast on iTunes! Official website: http://www.tiaratalkshowpodcast.com

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

I like the interactivity of the screen at the end of the ride but I very much miss the other scenes such as the kids teleconferencing or the use of virtual reality in the classroom. I do like the postshow, though... lots of fun stuff to do in there.
    Hypermommy

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

"Thank the Phonicians..." Are you kidding me...

I really don't blame Judi Dench... the problem was with the script... whoever wrote it should be fired...

and the interactive parts to me showed that disney wanted to really got "cheap"... not cheap in terms of cost... but cheap in the form of imagineering... i think it was a major mistake taking out the communication of today and tomorrow...

and do not get me started on the music...

Jeremy Irons version... top of the mountain!!!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

(Insert comment here).

(Insert comment here).

Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

I love it. The music is great and the narration is done excellent in my opinion. Every time i ride Spaceship Earth i get a great feeling from the music. But then again i do not remember any of the previous versions so if someone could post a video or something of it that would be great!

here is a link to an audio version of jeremy irons... if you check youtube you might find a video version...

Sounds

disneyworldfanatic.com
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-06-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by voyageofariel View Post
    Hahaha!!! I totally agree with you on the mistake of taking out the communication part!! From what I heard the company that did wasn't suppose to take out that part and did it "accidently" and Disney stated that they would never work with them again because of it...
    Hmmmmmm... maybe they'll learn not to outsource QUITE so much? Maybe? Naaaaaahhhhhhh.
    Hypermommy

Yeh... they tend to make that mistake alot...

I have a novel idea...

LET THE IMAGINEERS DO WHAT THEY DO!!! stop letting outside companies do work that Disney should do themselves...

and really... where was the Disney leadership on this one... they "accidentally" got rid of it...

have they ever heard of construction foreman's... their job would be to make sure work is done correctly... this was Disney taking the blame off of themselves and placing it elsewhere...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Thumbs up Re: Your Opinion on the New Spaceship Earth

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-06-2012 at 03:13 PM.

but they wont... they never do...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

ashleighbass06 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think there are good things and bad things about the new Spaceship Earth.

Like someone else said, the newspaper boy used to be my favorite. Why is he turned around? What is that about?

Strangely, I used to love how loud the narration was. It was like you were completely immersed in it and now Judy Dench is so quiet...weird, I know, but that was one of the first things I noticed.

And the narration is bad..."Thank the phoenicians"? It is dumbed down. I also don't understand the "An unknown Egyptian" line either...why does that have to be said. They don't name the other people... Anyway, I don't remember the Cronkite narration, so I guess I'm an Irons generation girl.

I also remember the Alice in Wonderland game at the exit. I used to love that show and I loved that video phone game.

I do really like the ending! Its fun and funny and you can ride it again and again and get a different ending.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast