Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Horizons Fans Enjoy! in the I Remember... forums; I stumbled across this blog and if you liked or miss Horizons you will love this! It's made by two guys Hoot & Chief. Apparently they had a habit of ...
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Horizons Fans Enjoy!

I stumbled across this blog and if you liked or miss Horizons you will love this! It's made by two guys Hoot & Chief. Apparently they had a habit of actually sneaking off the ride vehicle and explored the Horizons sets. They did this during the 80's & 90's. Not only did they do this but they documented it with video, audio, and numerous still photos! This blog was started in 2009 but there is a lot of information. Enjoy Mesa Verde Times

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Re: Horizons Fans Enjoy!

one of my all-time favorite Disney-related sites!

If we can dream it, we can do it

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Thanks for the link.

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I spent a bunch of time on this site yesterday and then went to youtube and watched a few of their videos. At first I thought this was soo cool! But then I started feeling like I was doing something wrong. It just seemed disrespectful that people would get out of the car in the middle of the ride and roam around. I dunno, I feel weird about it. Anyone else feel similarly?

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I felt that way but somehow it being done pre-9/11 and on an extinct ride made it seem not as bad. If you read the whole site they do have a disclaimer and say that no one should get off a ride.

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I didn't mean to be all doom and gloom about it. I guess I'm still trying to figure out how I feel. It is rather nifty though...

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire_cat_81 View Post
    I didn't mean to be all doom and gloom about it. I guess I'm still trying to figure out how I feel. It is rather nifty though...
    No problem.

Monorail Orange is offline C-Ticket Holder

I would not condone anyone to ever take similar actions on any attraction, especially in what I consider to be the hallowed grounds of WDW. However, they did it in a spirit of wonder, curiosity, and passion for the greatest EPCOT attraction of all-time (tied with, if not ahead of Spaceship Earth, IMO). It's highly entertaining to trek back through their blog, reliving their adventures before this attraction was so unfortunately closed. Speaking in hindsight, I'm glad they did what they did. Otherwise, the great detail that went into this attraction would go largely unnoticed.

If I was in charge, and money was no object... I'd level the Wonders of Life pavilion and rebuild Horizons there.
    Monorail Orange

"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas."

2009 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Finisher
    2009 Disneyland Half Marathon Finisher
    2009 Coast to Coast Challenge Medalist

Next Up: 2012 Walt Disney World Tower of Terror 10 Mile Race (with my wife!)

Ronnie_B is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Re: Horizons Fans Enjoy!

What an awesome blog and great youtube videos!! Thanks for posting that, haven't seen it before!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

An interesting read; thanks. Never got a chance to visit Horizons because we rarely went to Epcot at the time, and even then it was usually only for SSE and the Living Seas.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Well, just spent a while digesting the videos. Wow. Those guys are my heroes. I would never have the balls to do something so dangerous and irresponsible, but my hat is well and truly off to them. Fantastic spin on archiving Golden Era nostalgia. Well done lads.