Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What Version of Spaceship Earth is Your Favorite?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Which Version of Spaceship Earth Do You Like Better And Why? in the I Remember... forums; I did get to listen to both growing up and as an adult. But I really did like Irons version a lot better, don't know why though....
    tiggerttfn4ev is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Which Version of Spaceship Earth Do You Like Better And Why?

I did get to listen to both growing up and as an adult. But I really did like Irons version a lot better, don't know why though.

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

You know, after 43 trips and many many rides on Spaceship Earth, I don't favor anyone but am just glad the attraction is still there, never really paid attention to the narrator. It's one of the most informative and relaxing attractions in EPCOT so I didn't vote.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i wonder if anyone even remembers the Larry Dobkin version... i know i wasnt around for that one...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Having experienced all but Judi Dench whom I will see in short order, I would choose a hybrid. While the Cronkite version of the ride with the Tommorow's Child ending is my favorite version of the ride, I find the music and narration in Jeremy Irons' offering the best. He has such an ethereal quality in this attraction. I love hearing "like a grand and miraculous starship.." etc etc

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

I like the Irons version because that's what I'm used to. I love his voice. Dench is okay and her voice is okay for the ride but I'm just sooooooo bored after the "earth in space" scene. I know they've got the video thing going on but I really miss the scenes that happened on the descent. I'm sure that has something to do with my preference for the Irons version.
    Hypermommy

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Major Dude is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
    I like the Irons version because that's what I'm used to. I love his voice. Dench is okay and her voice is okay for the ride but I'm just sooooooo bored after the "earth in space" scene. I know they've got the video thing going on but I really miss the scenes that happened on the descent. I'm sure that has something to do with my preference for the Irons version.
    Great point!

I think the descent was better in the Jeremy Irons version because we can all relate something back to ourselves watching the people in those scenes. I was more invested with that version of the descent.

It is fun in the current version though to know what I would look like with a cartoon body.
    BareFozzie in the box

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Major Dude View Post
    It is fun in the current version though to know what I would look like with a cartoon body.
    Oh, I love how trim and slim my cartoon body is! Talk about your magic pixie dust!!!!!
    Hypermommy

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

if inly we could go back in time... and change Disney's mind about this attraction...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Monorail Orange is offline C-Ticket Holder

It just seems wrong to vote against Walter Cronkite about anything to do with his narration or voice...

BUT, I voted Jeremy Irons. The ride scenes, the script, the soundtrack, the voice, "the Renaissance..."
    Monorail Orange

"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantÚnganse alejado de las puertas."

2009 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Finisher
    2009 Disneyland Half Marathon Finisher
    2009 Coast to Coast Challenge Medalist

Next Up: 2012 Walt Disney World Tower of Terror 10 Mile Race (with my wife!)

wedway is offline A-Ticket holder

Jeremy Irons version had the best narrator with depth, best script, best score and best descent. But I'd happily try the Lou Mongello version.

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Jeremy Irons, by far, was my favorite. It's the version I have the best memories of, and I feel when it started (1994), EPCOT was at its peak, so that just all kind of adds in. Great writing and presentation also.

From what I've watched online (I never saw the Cronkite version), the Judi Dench narration looks the least impressive.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

JoshK47 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
    I do have a lot of fun trying to make different videos each time, as well as making as ridiculous of a face as I can for the videos... but nothing beats the music and images from the Irons version.

That and his voice just lends a strange sort of sage wisdom to the whole thing, the way he delivered his lines made it seem like he'd been there for each of the big events he mentioned, like a sort of Father Time or Father of Communication... or maybe that's just the way I listened to the reading.

Judi Dench does a fairly good job with the material provided, but her tone is much more light, and the script is a bit less majestic as well. Ah, well, at least I still have the Irons version to listen to on YouTube.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I'd have a hard time choosing between Cronkite and Irons. They were both excellent narrations.

Densch isn't really that bad, I just think the sour taste the descent leaves in my mouth subconsciously makes me grade her much lower.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

OK, so I finally decided to go with Cronkite.

I also thoroughly love his narration that they use for Illuminations during the holidays.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast