Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What Version of Spaceship Earth is Your Favorite?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Which Version of Spaceship Earth Do You Like Better And Why? in the I Remember... forums; Irons was definatly the best. I grew up with that version, and his voice is just perfect for the attraction. Not gonna hate on the other versions, ive listened to ...
    Horizons17543 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Which Version of Spaceship Earth Do You Like Better And Why?

Irons was definatly the best. I grew up with that version, and his voice is just perfect for the attraction. Not gonna hate on the other versions, ive listened to em all, but Mr. Irons' narration is one of the few thigns I can listen to after having a horrible day and almost instantly relax.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons17543 View Post
    Irons was definatly the best. I grew up with that version, and his voice is just perfect for the attraction. Not gonna hate on the other versions, ive listened to em all, but Mr. Irons' narration is one of the few thigns I can listen to after having a horrible day and almost instantly relax.
    Jeremy Irons was the best... i heard Walter Cronkite on the ride once... it was good... but Irons was better in my opinion... he had such a delivery...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

how many people remember the Larry Dobkin version... doesnt seem like many... or it wasnt that good... which one is it really...?
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I heard it, but really have no memory of it.

I missed it... My first trip was in 1993...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

My first trip was '83.

Lots of changes since then...

I still recall my brother, who was a CM at the time, calling us to tell us that they finally unveiled the EPCOT scale model in the MK and my dad and I driving over to take a look at it.

Pretty cool...

i could imagine... this is before my time sadly...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

ThatGuyFromMD is offline Yes, I Am That Guy

I think somebody who could be good if disney were to update the ride and change the narrator, would be Morgan Freeman... He already is such a great narrator, give him a great script, and he could have that Jeremy Irons feel
    Carol Brown just took a bus out of town,
    But I'm hoping that you'll stick around

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...-Thread-Part-V <-- you see that, you should click on it and talk with us

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

I have had to have seen them all, but like someone said before, it has never been the narrator that stood out to me. I usually only ride Spacechip Earth once per trip, and that ride is usually spent in awe of the whole experience as a ride (you mean I'm actually INSIDE the big golf ball?!?!?!?) and just enjoying the relaxing ride through time.

Our rocket through time and space keeps moving forward, so I voted for the Dame.

With the new computer screen, I have found it funny that it seems like we answer the questions the same every time. Just enough time between trips to forget what we answered before and we're just predictable enough to give the same answers each year!

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyFromMD View Post
    I think somebody who could be good if disney were to update the ride and change the narrator, would be Morgan Freeman... He already is such a great narrator, give him a great script, and he could have that Jeremy Irons feel
    Oooo that's a very good suggestion, have to say i'm not a fan of the Dame, but Freeman has got a lovely quality to his voice
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder

Between the two I've experienced, Judi Dench and Jeremy Irons, I went with Jeremy Irons. Love the script and the music as well. The new music by Bruce Broughton, one of my favorite Disney theme park composers, actually felt a bit generic to me. Also, I really like the old descent and the world-wide web AA's. I get that it is probably more practical for them to do the touch screens because the AA stuff gets outdated fast (like DL's Tomorrowland) and is harder to update, but as fun as it is to see yourself in a cartoon (I'm so vain) it's still a bit of an anticlimactic ending.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    Between the two I've experienced, Judi Dench and Jeremy Irons, I went with Jeremy Irons. Love the script and the music as well. The new music by Bruce Broughton, one of my favorite Disney theme park composers, actually felt a bit generic to me. Also, I really like the old descent and the world-wide web AA's. I get that it is probably more practical for them to do the touch screens because the AA stuff gets outdated fast (like DL's Tomorrowland) and is harder to update, but as fun as it is to see yourself in a cartoon (I'm so vain) it's still a bit of an anticlimactic ending.
    thats the worst thing about the new attraction... the ending is completely anticlimactic... there are no AA's from the future that was campy but still fun... and you just sit back and view a screen in front of you... if i wanted to do that id ride with my iphone the entire time...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

I can't go by the announcer's name. All I know is that the first time I went on it I was mesmerized and now it doesn't seem quite as amazing to me. Not because I've already seen so many times, but because the final 'outer space' scene doesn't seem as dramatic. It definitely was more awe inspiring in the beginning than it is at present.
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123