Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Abandoned Cranium Command theater in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by firemedic Yeah, it was slightly disturbing to see all the dry wall on the floor and the way the theater was just forgotten about. Disney could get ...
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Abandoned Cranium Command theater

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Yeah, it was slightly disturbing to see all the dry wall on the floor and the way the theater was just forgotten about. Disney could get all that back up and running if they really wanted to. Met Life pulling sponsorship shouldn't have had THAT much affect on the pavillion, IMO.
    In my opinion this is the biggest problem...Disney seems to have lost the will to provide the best experience and increasingly don't seem too worried about keeping up appearences.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

This was one of the best shows ever in a theme park, it was hidden gems like this was what made Epcot Center great. Unfortunately since "it doesn't sell" it gets the boot. That was one thing that really got under my skin when I went through orientation for Disney, as they explained the reason why they removed Mr. Toad for pooh: "When you think of it, would you rather buy a mole or frog, or a cute cuddly recognizable bear? And that's the reason why Mr. Toad had to go."

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Got that right! Look at the new meet and greet for Mickey and Princesses. Empties right into a gift shop as you come through the gate.

Princess stuff sells so well, that was why Fantasyland was going totally in that direction until the world of guests cried foul. Still going to be real heavy Princessy though.

You could spend hours on a rainy day in Wonders of Life.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    In my opinion this is the biggest problem...Disney seems to have lost the will to provide the best experience and increasingly don't seem too worried about keeping up appearences.
    It does seem that way to me as well. They're worried about what they can sell for the longest amount of time without putting a lot of effort into it. Wouldn't surprise me if they started charging for character autographs before long.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

MetLife not sponsoring the pavilion is no excuse for it to have closed. The Land, Universe of Energy, The Seas, and Imagination! operate with no "sponsor" and do fine. They don't close those.

UoE closed because it was dated and Disney didn't care to spend money to refurbish it. I guess they didn't feel it was needed. It functions well for what they need it for, event space. I really doubt we'll ever see it used for anything other than event space again.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    sometimes i really do wonder what they are thinking... they seem to be notorious for worrying about the cost of running an attraction... not necessarily the lost revenue from people they "tick" off...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

JoshK47 is offline C-Ticket Holder

That video was a tad bothersome to see - the Wonders of Life pavilion was fantastic. A bit dated in places (Cranium Command especially, hard to use SNL actors and their old shticks and not date it), but still tons of fun. I really wish they would use the space to create something new pertaining to health and fitness. Quite a shame to see it just laying there, wasted.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Y'know... It's funny (or sad). I don't think I ever, in all my visits since WoL was built, did Cranium Command. I rode Body Wars once that I can remember (it made me sick) but I think CC got skipped. That realization hit me as I was reading through this. I can't come up with any sort of reason why other than to say I didn't know what I was missing!

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    UoE closed because it was dated and ...
    Oh lord please tell me you meant to say WoL and not UoE. Tell me I didn't miss something huge here please. LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Sorry for the late response, but yeah, I meant WoL.

That whole side of Epcot looked so sad this week - UoE was almost empty, although gorgeous outside (only 1/3 full, I'd say), Mission: SPACE didn't have a ton of interest and people were walking right on, and there sat WoL, all empty and roped off. It's in a really bad location. The only attraction on that side that really seems to get buzz is Test Track. The other side with The Land, Seas (kinda), Imagination (kinda), etc. seems to do so much better.

The only attractions at Epcot that currently seem to attract big crowds are Soarin' and Test Track. It needs something new so badly. They should do something with the WoL building.
    Last edited by clj2; 09-03-2011 at 01:20 AM.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i was just thinking that yesterday too while remembering my recent trip...we spent more side on seas/land side than track/space/energy side...and then when we got that side energy was closeed (7pm) and test track got rained out, and space i dont do and didnt wanna take my 5 year old on cause i dont know how she would react to it. kinda bummed out we missed a whole half that side...i saw the old wonders of life pavilion it looked so sad and lonely! i was tempted to go walk closer to it and maybe peek inside but the rain started so that ended that idea.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    i was just thinking that yesterday too while remembering my recent trip...we spent more side on seas/land side than track/space/energy side...and then when we got that side energy was closeed (7pm) and test track got rained out, and space i dont do and didnt wanna take my 5 year old on cause i dont know how she would react to it. kinda bummed out we missed a whole half that side...i saw the old wonders of life pavilion it looked so sad and lonely! i was tempted to go walk closer to it and maybe peek inside but the rain started so that ended that idea.
    I think if M:S had been more of a mass appeal attraction about space/astronomy it might have helped some. I'm not an expert but I RARELY see tons of people beating a path to SPACE, nobody in my party was interested in doing it. Good concept, but poor concept/execution for the attraction, IMO. With the recent news of HP wanting to exit the PC business, I can't help but wonder if they'll be the next corporation to end sponsorship of an Epcot pavilion.

It seems to me that on that side of the park, tons of people go to Test Track then turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    I think if M:S had been more of a mass appeal attraction about space/astronomy it might have helped some. I'm not an expert but I RARELY see tons of people beating a path to SPACE, nobody in my party was interested in doing it. Good concept, but poor concept/execution for the attraction, IMO. With the recent news of HP wanting to exit the PC business, I can't help but wonder if they'll be the next corporation to end sponsorship of an Epcot pavilion.

It seems to me that on that side of the park, tons of people go to Test Track then turn around.

i remember going to mission space when it first opened and it was busy, this was before there were 2 options! now, i hear of less and less people going even for the "tamer" version and it just makes me wonder.

i agree if there was more bout space/astronmy in general, more interactive things to do too maybe it would help? idk...

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

So sad, but I have to thank you for posting it...I spent 2 hours on YouTube looking at all the Abandoned Disney footage on the site...it brought me right back to being a kid again. It's so sad to see the Cranium Command Theater in disarray like that, I wish Disney would find something meaningful to put in there...

And since a lot of you are sharing the same sentiment, can we think of anything cool they could do with that pavillion? I know they run the Flower & Garden and Food & Wine Headquarters in there every year, but isn't that what the Millenium Pavillion was made for? I think they can make an updated version of what was originally there, an updated version to educate people (in a fun manner) on healthy eating, exercise and things of that nature...so much potential, and such a hot topic in society these days, I bet it would be popular!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

you would think with the huge, magic of healthy living, on disney channel, they would use that pavilion for something with that!! it would certainly work!!! and they do a lot of promos from epcot already for mohl...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12