Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Abandoned Cranium Command theater in the I Remember... forums; Hey guys! This past sunday I went to the Flower & Garden festival at Epcot (if you've never been, it's surprisingly fun), for the main reason that the old Wonders ...
    fermithekrog is offline A-Ticket holder

Abandoned Cranium Command theater

Hey guys! This past sunday I went to the Flower & Garden festival at Epcot (if you've never been, it's surprisingly fun), for the main reason that the old Wonders of Life building would be open and I've never been in there. As I was walking to the bathrooms, there was this hallway, me being the curious guy I am decided to walk down it (there was no signs, ropes, or CM's) and I found a bunch of what looked to be drywall on the ground, and a chair that was propping open one of the automatic doors that open at the shows at WDW. I looked inside, and found myself in the old Cranium Command theater! I knew what it looked like, because I've seen pictures and video, but never seen it in person. Even the little Buzzy AA was there, I'm pretty sure. I got a video with my phone (sorry for the sideways & the darkness, but you can see the general idea). Here's the video.
    @fermithekrog
    facebook.com/adrienlennoncarlson

Hot patootie, bless my soul! I really love that rock n roll!

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Abandoned Cranium Command theater

Thanks for posting the video. It serves to illustrate how the core practices and beliefs at WDW have changed for the worse. It's just sad.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

That was the first pavilion at Epcot we took the kiddos to on our first family trip in '01. What's become of it is simply heartbreaking.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

fermithekrog is offline A-Ticket holder

Yeah, I would have loved to go when it was open. I always heard Body Wars was awesome.
    @fermithekrog
    facebook.com/adrienlennoncarlson

Hot patootie, bless my soul! I really love that rock n roll!

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fermithekrog View Post
    Yeah, I would have loved to go when it was open. I always heard Body Wars was awesome.
    Yes. Yes it was.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Body Wars was essentially Star Wars, even down to the comet scene, which they tinted red instead of blue. That effect always annoyed me. But it was always my favorite pavilion, mainly due to the background music.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Like looking at a crime scene, I liked that attraction.

kretzcr is offline A-Ticket holder

Body Wars was so-so. Cranium Command is probably the thing I miss most from the parks. The old SNL cast that did the show was awesome.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by kretzcr View Post
    Body Wars was so-so. Cranium Command is probably the thing I miss most from the parks. The old SNL cast that did the show was awesome.
    That's probably what I liked LEAST about the attraction, actually. It was too dated from the start, and really limited its shelf life. Try showing it in 2011 and it would be laughable. And not in the way the writers intended.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Berdo is offline A-Ticket holder

I loved this pavilion so much. I've been on all the rides and still listen to the background loop on my iphone. Cranium Command was the best. It is dated but the nostalgia is what I like about it. Every time I watch it on Youtube, I feel like I'm 13 again.

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by fermithekrog View Post
    It was. Awesome. Cranium Command was awesome too and very funny. I'm sad to hear that this pavilion is now closed. It was always one of my favorites. We took my son for the first time September 2010 and were looking forward to showing him Body Wars (he's extremely interested in anything to do with the inner workings of the human body) and were disappointed to see it closed.
    Last edited by Disney.Gen.2.0; 05-15-2011 at 01:49 AM.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i really enjoyed this whole pavilion!! remember the bikes you could pedal through mk? good stuff...good stuff...
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

What a waste. Shame.

Thanks for sharing, though...very interesting!
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

The mess on the floor and the seemingly just tossed about show items etc. is just really sad. Funny though that with it all being closed, those pink neon lights were on. I wonder why.

You say you saw Buzzy (obviously hard to see on the camera). Was he just shut off sitting there? Was he in typical "off" mode, kind of slumped etc.?

As PP said, it'd make sense that he's between the pink lights as seen in this picture (borrowed from Yesterland):

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Yeah, it was slightly disturbing to see all the dry wall on the floor and the way the theater was just forgotten about. Disney could get all that back up and running if they really wanted to. Met Life pulling sponsorship shouldn't have had THAT much affect on the pavillion, IMO.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast