Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Upstairs of Imagination - new video in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by BamaJenn I think the whole "no cameras" thing on these tours is just BS. It's ok to charge a fortune to let people see backstage but you ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Upstairs of Imagination - new video

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I think the whole "no cameras" thing on these tours is just BS. It's ok to charge a fortune to let people see backstage but you don't want them to carry a memory of it?
    You're missing the point. It's not that Disney doesn't want you to have a memory of the tour. If they allow pictures, especially today, the backlot photos will be posted to the internet immediately. That'll amount to fewer people having to pay to see the giant water cleaning system behind pirates.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

Ok, I really don't want to know what the ride would be in a pavillion sponsored by American Standard or Kohler. I'm refusing to imagine anything.

Prince Charming is offline B-Ticket Holder

What year was that area closed off? I do not remember ever walking around up there. I liked the view of Spaceship Earth from the glass windows.

There seems to be a growing number of these areas around Epcot, over the past several years. I wonder if the next major refurb will be in this park.

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
    What year was that area closed off? I do not remember ever walking around up there. I liked the view of Spaceship Earth from the glass windows.
    It was 1998 when the orignal ImageWorks closed.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Prince Charming is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks Jenn. I was down in '94 and '95 and I just don't remember walking around up there. Maybe I by-passed it - I'll have to dig out the old pictures to be certain.

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
    Thanks Jenn. I was down in '94 and '95 and I just don't remember walking around up there. Maybe I by-passed it - I'll have to dig out the old pictures to be certain.
    If you find any, PM me. LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12