Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss SIR vs. Tom Morrow vs. Mr. Johnson in the I Remember... forums; I just had one of those "ah ha" moments as I was working on some updates to the site and I'm wondering if anyone has the knowledge to truly confirm ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question SIR vs. Tom Morrow vs. Mr. Johnson

I just had one of those "ah ha" moments as I was working on some updates to the site and I'm wondering if anyone has the knowledge to truly confirm or deny this.

Those who remember Flight to the Moon probably remember Mr. Tom Morrow.

Those who remember Mission to Mars probably remember Mr. Johnson.

And those who remember Alien Encounter probably remember SIR.

Obviously SIR and the robot now found in Stitch are the same animatronic (just voiced by a different actor). The same is obviously true with Mr. Morrow and Mr. Johnson who barely changed at all between the Moon and Mars attractions.

My question is this... I was going back through my memories and I know the original preshows for Moon and Mars were in the same spot that the others are/were. Obviously the whole Mission Control room is gone etc. etc. but if I'm remembering right... the spot where Mr. Morrow & Mr. Johnson stood is exactly the same spot that SIR stood. Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not the same base and basic animatronic were reused for SIR or was it a complete replacement when AE was built?

It's one of those things that's gonna drive me nuts until I find someone who is positive. LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: SIR vs. Tom Morrow vs. Mr. Johnson

I'm pretty sure when AE was built, they scrapped the old Mr. Johnson/Morrow figures and replaced them with the newer sophisticated figures.

When you compare the two, SIR moves much more fluidly than the past figures.

They probably reused the base & some of the same electronics to save money, but its a totally different audio-animatronic.
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Re: SIR vs. Tom Morrow vs. Mr. Johnson

I was thinking the same... my memory tells me that the animatronic for the flight controllers was back a good bit from where SIR stands.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe