Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Audience Participation! in the I Remember... forums; I have the most wonderful memories at MGM Studi-... uhh excuse me, Hollywood Studios. (Am still adjusting to the name change after 5 years.) The thoughts that stick out in ...
    1_lil_SPARK is offline A-Ticket holder

Post Audience Participation!

I have the most wonderful memories at MGM Studi-... uhh excuse me, Hollywood Studios. (Am still adjusting to the name change after 5 years.) The thoughts that stick out in my mind the most were the shows that were more about the audience than the usual show! I am reffering to the shows like Superstar Television and The Monster Sound Show! I've seen friends and family particate in the action including myself!

I remember being on the mock telvision set of the Superstar Television, taking up the part of 'The Millionare' from Gilligan's Island and playing a cowboy for a show I can't remember for the life of me.

I also watched my mom and her two friends be part of the hilarious show of The Monster Sound Show. Just watching them trying to sync up with the film of Chevy Chase and Martin Short! And of course the awesome are activity area dealing with syncing sounds with classic Disney films.

How about anyone else? Do you have any memories of being part of the show, whether it be at the shows I mentioned or anywhere else?

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Re: Audience Participation!

Yes. I always love volunteering for Backlot Tour, and I've been picked for Indiana Jones. SO much fun!!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

My mom got to play Ethel Mertz in the chocolate factory scene of I Love Lucy for Superstar Television. We still crack up at the home video we have of it. Great memories. My dad and I were also picked to be part of the ship crew for the Backlot Tour, I was the mechanic and he was the captain. That was also tons of fun. Really adds the extra magic to your vacation.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

My son when he was 4 years old was picked to go up on stage for the Roger Rabbit live show in Toon Town. 5 years later he was picked to go up on stage for Hoop-dee-doo, Christmas Show. Great photo's!

My DH was chosen for riding the bicycle in the back lot stage show, the inside one.

And DD was picked on during Laugh at the MK on her 16th Birthday. (DS knew where to sit her down at).

Me, I pick a spot out on ground and stare. I've never been picked.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

My daughter was picked to participate in the Phineas and Ferb PRE meet and greet thing where the director chooses some kids to do a hula dance for his "movie". she was hula dancer #3! lol

my oldest nephew was chosen for the backlot tour to ride on the bee in the soundstage from the honey i shrunk the kids clip, and also the superstar tv thing, but i forgot what he did. i remember being sad and jealous cause i wanted to be chosen.

i think next trip in may i am gonna try to volunteer for the backlot tour ship scene....i am sure my dd would love to see me get soaked!! we';ll see
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I have been in the backlot tour presentation a few times... Te only thing there I haven't been is the captain of th PT boat (I actually was supposed to on my last trip but there were technical difficulties so they cancelled it)... It is a lot of fun to get involved... I have an awesome time with it...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

1_lil_SPARK is offline A-Ticket holder

It's shows and activities like these that made me go into theater and practice my tools of acting! I really wish they would bring back Superstar Television! That was the best!
    "Some happy songs, some snappy dances.
    Costumes and sets, spoofs and romances.
    With laughs and tears, and footlights all aglow,
    The sparks ignite a brand new show!"

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Yes, I was in the Backlot Tour and Indiana Jones.

JoeWDW is offline A-Ticket holder

I have never been chosen for anything at WDW, but would really like to be part of one of the Citizens of Hollywood skits. They are great!
    www.wdwtraveler.com - A website dedicated to WDW travel for adults.