Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What is your most Bizarre WDW souvenir in the I Remember... forums; I'd LOVE to see a pic of that posted here!!!...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I'd LOVE to see a pic of that posted here!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    me too!

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Has anybody ever seen the commercial for the Disney Cruise Line where the little girl tells all the occupants of the elevator that her little brother is "Mommy's little souvenir"? I have one of those. She is 18 now.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Awe! Now that's a good souvenir!
    I don't know if this would count as bizarre, but it is probably rare since they don't do it anymore: On a trip in 92 I believe, my little sister & I were in a "play" of sorts at MGM in a store & we had to act out "Singing the Blues". They videoed the entire thing & that's a great souvenir!
    I also have a MMC tee shirt from when I was on the show that same trip! It was so cool!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

FrumiousBoojum is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have one of those videos somewhere with me and my sister... I was only about 12 at the time it was done. My mother pulled out that video for a while after that to embarrass us...

My most bizarre souvenier? Hmm... I guess the giant FedEx package from Space Mountain and the two seats from Alien Encounter will be it.

-Tim

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I remember that commercial about mommy's little souvenier! It may be on an old Disney VHS - I'll look around and see if I can find it.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!

Talking

The most bizzare thing I got at WDW isn't really that odd,but it was a medal that says "BELLE" on it and on the bottom it says "Most Valuable Player". In the middle is a picture of Mickey,winking. It has a red, white and blue ribbon that holds it together.
    Izzy

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    only bizarre thing i got at disney was a picture of an armadello heading for the pool at All-Star Music

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    This doesn't really count as a souvenier, but we wnt to WDW in '96, and the Toy Story Parade was going on (well, duh! Toy Story had just come out!). Anyway, the guy in the suit came out to entertain us before the parade, and my little sister (4 at the time) was selected to go into the middle of Hollywood Blvd. and instruct the crowd lined up for the parade to go "Ooooh!" and "Aaaaah!" It was cool, and my dad got it on video tape, so now every time we go to that spot, we all raise our hands to one side and go "Ooooh!" and then do thee same thing to the other side and go "Aaaaah!"
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Olmec:What a cute story!!!
    Izzy

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    souvenir....

well, aside from my packratness making me save every receipt from everything I bought in WDW...

my strangest is not really a physical souvenir (maybe that's why it's strange... ooh). My favorite thing that I brought back from my last trip was a song that my best friend and I made up while standing outside our hotel room.
    We were talking about the Beatles songs that we were learning for our choir concert later that year and then the conversation drifted to the palm trees in Florida.
    For some reason, we ended up changing all the lyrics to the song "Eleanor Rigby" to the song "All the Lonely Palm Trees".... and whenever we remember our trip, we star singing the song.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    My most bizarre souvenier? Hmm... I guess the giant FedEx package from Space Mountain and the two seats from Alien Encounter will be it.
    -Tim
    Tim, did you buy those from the Disney auctions on Ebay, Disneyana dealers, or what? I bet theres a good story here. I'm guessing you have a lot of Disney items? Are you one of those folks whose house is decorated in "Disney". If so, do you have any pictures online?

A practical use for those!

Quote Originally Posted by rosworms
    souvenir....
    well, aside from my packratness making me save every receipt from everything I bought in WDW...
    Kelli, If you ever find your self trying to decide weather or not to throw those away, heres a practical use to remember. Old recipts can be handy in going back and trying to reconstruct a trip report of a trip that some of the details may have slipped away from you on. Between my photos and my reciepts I Often find that my first drafts of trip reports lack details that I can add when I go back over the trip report with my photos and recipts lined up chronologically. Also if you are a collector of any one particular type of Disney item it is just neat to be able to look back and see what you bought, when, and how much it cost at that time. And besides that, they just plain dont take up that much space, if you are really pressed for a place to put them you can shove them all in a bag (Who dosen't have a few Disney shopping bags lying around?) or store them between the pages of a book.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I'd say my bizarre souveniers (at least my husband thinks so!) are my collection of Disney hotel mugs,which I keep individually wrapped in Disney store bags-at least one different bag and mug for each trip. I only use one mug, and I use it a lot-my Poly one from a few years back....

I also save a HUGE collection of disney hotel soaps and shampoos.....Every night I take them, every day they replenish them...for years and years....you can see how that might add up.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

I have a few mugs (four) myself. I use them some, I would like to get more and maybe just dedicate one or two that I'd have more than one of that type for daily use. do you have a photo of you mug collection? How many do you have, I understand wanting to keep them out of direct sun, but I do think that is a sort of collection that would look good on display too.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast