Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What is your most Bizarre WDW souvenir in the I Remember... forums; I don't have them displayed, I have plenty of Disney stuff displayed all over. I just keep them, semi-used, for me to rotate in and out of my cupboard. I ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I don't have them displayed, I have plenty of Disney stuff displayed all over. I just keep them, semi-used, for me to rotate in and out of my cupboard. I am not sure how many I have, I know I have one Poly, 2 different all star mugs, a GF mug, and this trip I'll get one from the CBR. I also have one (I think? I'll have to check) from the CR and from CSR...... I just enjoy looking at them and remembering where I stayed and what I was doing there. If I get them out and organized I'll post a photo here some day!

Oh, I also save those old plastic "souvenier" popcorn tubs, I have a MK one and Epcot from the each of the last two years, and an MGM one. I just store items in them, now.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I just can't wait to move, so i can have more room to display more of my items. One of these days, I'll have to take some pictures of what I have out (like my silver Mickey ears from the 10 year anniversary, old banners, framed ticket books, maps, etc.).
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

Picture if you will...

sounds like the makings of a nice photo essay Lou!

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    My father just gave me an original program, in mint condition, from DisneyLand the year it opened.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.

Map, Figment, Pooh Ears, Scrapbook, and Mouse Tickler!

Ok most of these are not bizzarre, only one really.

Faves:

My all time favorite is a huge map of the Magic Kingdom (like over poster size) that my Mom got when I was little, it has a legend at the bottom with each land in a different color and little pictures of all the rides. There is some crayon marks on the legend from where I got creative as a child. A few years ago my Mom framed it for me, and I hadn't seen it in years. It still has Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and 20,000 leagues, and this was before Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which surprised me because I could not remember it never being there (maybe b/c I never rode it as a kid?) In the place where BTM and Splash Mountain are now it has a picture of trees and stuff. I don't know when it was printed, I'm thinking late 70's, early 80's.

Original Figment plush from back in the day (this is NOT the one in my avatar, that's the new one), he was wearing a yellow turtleneck sweater that said "Figment" which for some reason (being a kid and wanting to put in on my barbies or something) I took off and is long lost. It is so old school. He has like glued on felt eyes.

My Pooh ears which I bought when the ride first opened and wear everytime I go to WDW....I'm 26 and don't care that I'm walking around with Pooh ears on! (I hate when people think they are Lion King ears).

Bizzare: I used to have dreams where I was stealing something from an attraction and would get caught (I'm not a klepto....just a Disney freak and at the time I thought it would be cool to just take something unique). So on the Honey I Shrunk the Audience when the little things come out to tickle your feet for the "mice", one was hanging out and I ripped it off and kept it. Dork. Also I kept one of the confetti paper thingys that rained on you at Muppets 4d at MGM but not for long (it got lost or thrown out).

Finally, my Disney scrapbook which i started in 2000 to record every trip in diary and photo form, with clever captions and great stories. i missed a few trips, there are about 4 trips in there now. It's in a little spiral book that's yellow and fuzzy and has Pooh's face on it (from the Pooh shop).

But the map and the Figment doll....I would not sell to save my soul.
    Last edited by miakoda; 05-23-2005 at 04:54 AM.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by zcook9
    My father just gave me an original program, in mint condition, from DisneyLand the year it opened.

take a picture put it in Relics... jeez!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com
    sounds like the makings of a nice photo essay Lou!
    Good idea, Brian... I'll try to do something like that after i move and unpack (and hopefully put on display) much of my Disney stuff.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    That's great! I think I've seen one before, but now I can't remember who had it or where I saw it...
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

robo85045 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Not really Bizarre, but its end result was. I got a treasure chest type thing full of choclates on my last trip (2000, milenium celebration, left the night of the new year, only saw one firework from the show from the car ). But anyway, when I got home I set it on top of my desk as a keepsake, and never opened it up till 3 years later... Choclate can do some strange stuff when left around for that long...

Out of topic for a little...
    Interesting thing is that im never able to remember moments from pictures or video of WDW (partly because all the pictures arent too good, and all of the video is zoomed onto my sisters face all the time... OMG OMG WHAT IS SHE STAREING IN WONDER AT! TURN THE CAMERA!!!) anyway, throught my time at WDW ive allways chose some object to focus on/fiddle with during the trip, and now all I have to do is look at that object and im reminded of the entire trip (its starting to fade now, its been 5 years later)
    not that anyone cares...

anyway...
    The hardest task of all is believing in yourself, for who knows all your faults and shortcomings better?

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow
    Horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow
    From head to tail, a royal purple pigmant
    and then, WaLaa! you've got a Figmant!

Aspiring to be Cast Member for WDW. See any non-Disney behaviour from me? Point it out!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    A cup filled with contaminated water.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    I still have one of my horrid pink and blue plaid bowties from when I worked the front desk at the Grand Floridian. I also have a smurf blue mariachi vest with silver chains from when I worked at Coronado Springs. . . . I have no idea why I still have them, but I won't let my wife throw them away!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Keep 'em, they could be worth something in years to come.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Kimpossible is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have a monorail certificate that shows I rode up front. I also have some really old maps that for some reason I won't throw out.

There is one map, however, that I would LOVE to have. A friend of mine has one, and she said these maps were pulled one hour after they were put in the park so they are very hard to find. It was an MGM map advertising the Hercules parade on the front. There is a picture of Hercules and a little boy standing in front of him. Before she showed me the map, she told me to look at it and guess why it was pulled. It took me one second, and I was laughing my head off. If anyone has seen one, you know why it was pulled. If you haven't, you'll know it when you see it.
    VERY bad photographic placement happened.
    Last edited by Kimpossible; 07-29-2005 at 09:09 PM.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I hate to admit it, but I have collected pixie dust (mylar Mickey heads) off the streets (I know, yuck!) after the parades. I think I have all the colors now. I do not like the circle pixie dust though.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpossible
    I have a monorail certificate that shows I rode up front. I also have some really old maps that for some reason I won't throw out.

There is one map, however, that I would LOVE to have. A friend of mine has one, and she said these maps were pulled one hour after they were put in the park so they are very hard to find. It was an MGM map advertising the Hercules parade on the front. There is a picture of Hercules and a little boy standing in front of him. Before she showed me the map, she told me to look at it and guess why it was pulled. It took me one second, and I was laughing my head off. If anyone has seen one, you know why it was pulled. If you haven't, you'll know it when you see it.
    VERY bad photographic placement happened.
    I have one of those maps.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast