Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What is your most Bizarre WDW souvenir in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by 20K I even managed to find a park map which had been picked up in October 1994, with 'Please note that 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea has ...
    ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    I even managed to find a park map which had been picked up in October 1994, with 'Please note that 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea has temporarily been closed' written on the inside cover.
    That's just not right. Why did they have to tease us like that!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    There's a funny story about guests and park guide maps that comes from Bert O'Conner, who worked 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea from 1974 - 1978. This supposedly happened to him when he was working the greeter position, and looking into Fantasyland. I'm just quoting it here as he wrote it: 'I saw a guest stop by the carousel, by the exit to Toad, and read his map of the park. Then a couple stood next to him, pretty soon a line formed behind him and then he walked off and everyone looked around wondering why they were standing there'.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Kimpossible is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Have you ever done that? I have done that twice, and it's hysterical! The funny thing is that the first time it was a total accident. People lined up behind me because I stopped to talk to an employee.
    Now is the time. Now is the best time. Now is the best time of your life. Life is a prize. Live every minute. Open your eyes and watch how you win it. Yesterdays memories may sparkle and gleam. Tomorrow is still but a dream! Remember the past, but live for today. The whole world is watching and your in the parade. There's so much to cheer for, be glad you're here for it's the best time of your life!

dwellspompano is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Ok being that I am new to this site I don't know how nuts this will make me look BUT I collect all kinds of free souvenires at WDW everytime I go. From the paper plates at the counter service restaurants and the kids meal divided Mickey head bowl plate things, Mickey confetti from the daytime parades. Disney napkins and the list goes on.

Walt Disney is offline B-Ticket Holder

Worn by a male cast member who would dress in drag at all the cast parties. I have a picture of him in one of the WDW Cast newsletters.
    Mickey is the mouse that made me the man I am.

Visit the Disney Cast Member Nametag Museum!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    It's comforting to know, as I read this thread, that I am NOT the only person to save Disney shopping bags and paper napkins. I turned some paper napkins into decorations on light switch covers. Sadly, my new house has push buttons instead of switches. I have a mouse-ears shaped candy box mounted on a wall, mickey confetti from a dinner in the castle restaurant, the usual collection of soap from the hotel (liquid and bar), and something not from the park...a Three Musketeers kleenex box from when the movie came out. (I covered it with contact paper and opened the sides so I can slip a new box inside each time it needs to be refilled.) I recently found an old post card that I didn't remember buying. That made me really excited after the recent podcast talking about postcards.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V
    It's comforting to know, as I read this thread, that I am NOT the only person to save Disney shopping bags and paper napkins.
    I have a few napkins, not many, the bags are another matter, I've got LOTS of those
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V
    I recently found an old post card that I didn't remember buying. That made me really excited after the recent podcast talking about postcards.
    ....A podcast about postcards!?!? when? where? inquiring podcast listeners want to know....did I miss an episode of someones show? oh wait I've got a postcards segment on my show...though if you are refering to mine that would be really cool in a different way!

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

dichuy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Our very first meal at the Magic Kingdom on our first trip was at the Crystal Palace. I thought it was THE coolest place and I LOVED their scrambled eggs. Our second trip to the park in April of 1972 (I believe this is when I did it) I took one of the cloth napkins from the Crystal Palace (geez, 10 years old and already a thief!). During the 70s and 80s I used it as a dustcover over my turntable. I still have it and keep it with my kitchen linens. Mom took one of the coffee mugs--they sure were small. It was white with the san serif "D" with the mouse head symbol in the middle and a brownish color. She still drinks her coffee from it!

ky71 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    During our honeymoon my husband and I attempted to make the souvenier coins that you could stamp letters onto. We must have made about 7 or 8 of them until we had the words correctly stamped without errors. Since they were shaped like a spoked wheel I have used them as luggage tags and keyrings for years now. So naturally every time we bring out the suitcase or luggage keys I think of my honeymoon at Disney. Ahhh...
    Kylee

TinkerBell019 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I saved a Mickey Mouse Chocolate Ice Cream Bar from Hong Kong. It's kinda funny because all the writing is in chinese!!
    Hannah

............All you need is trust ...
    ..... ...and a little bit of Pixie Dust!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    A mgm stirrer stick from a drink at Primetime Diner

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    okay its not bizzare but you know those stickers they hand out with Mickey Mouse on them well i tend to save them and they constantly show up at home i also save disney dollars and i have a sorcer mickey from when i was little i just bought a newer version of it i never realized how old i was until i compared them lol!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

TURKEY WAGON is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have a bunch of weird stuff- a piece of firework shell that landed in the middle of the street in Frontierland after the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Celebration in 1993, a gold rhinestone from Belle's stage show dress, two of Iago's feathers from the Aladdin's Royal Caravan parade. I hope I can find it in the attic, but there's a big box of leaves and oranges from the (Now departed) Sunshine Tree at Sunshine Tree Terrace, Adventureland.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    a wrapper from my first mickey ice cream bar, a box from my rice candy from Japan, and various paper cups and napkins including my favorite napkins (LOL) The Sci-Fi Dine in ones
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    I have my old key which was used for DVC Animal Kingdom Preview and a pin which on the back says something like "In rememberence of the victims and family affected on 9/11" and I have some old EPCOT Center, MGM and Magic Kingdom maps that are older than I am

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast