Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What is your most Bizarre WDW souvenir in the I Remember... forums; I was having a hard time coming up with my favorite souvenir for the other thread but this item jumped right out at me as one to start this thread ...
    bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

What is your most Bizarre WDW souvenir

I was having a hard time coming up with my favorite souvenir for the other thread but this item jumped right out at me as one to start this thread with. I specialize in collecting postcards of WDW, but like many of you I have a lot of other items too, pins,buttons, books, various park paper items, and glassware especially older ones I find occasionally at antique stores. I have a few older WDW glass items one of the oddest of which is a ceramic ashtray in a sort of sand dollar design in a wood like finish on the bottom with attractions from each land, around the rim up top, except for Tomorrowland which they used the Contemporary resort as a substitute, the rim is also done in a wood grain color but the part the ashes actually go in is avocado green center part with darker areas that are part of what makes me think of the shape of this thing as being patterned on a sand dollar. I'd say that's the oddest item I have.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Not sure if this qualifies as "bizzare", but I still have (obviously) a Mickey Mouse/WDW slide ruler to help with addition, subtraction, multiplication and divison. You just slide Mickey's head and the numbers in the top and bottom circles combine to equal the middle number. I actually used it a lot as a kid, and cherish this silly thing as a sentimental token from trips with my parents.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    now that's cool.

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    It's not really bizarre, but when I was little, I always kept a Disney Dollar in my wallet. It was useless outside of the park, but I kept it just the same!
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    My greatest souvener is a name tag I found in DisneyLand - The name on it is Jim and there is a alien squeeky toy from Toy Story sticker on the back - didn't cost a thing - and I wore it on my back back all the time when I was in highschool - thought I was so cool -- mean while - most people wondered why I had a name tag that said Jim on it...

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I seem to recall someone giving me a cigar box with Walt Disney World stamped on the side when I was a kid... have to try and find that one in the attic....
    Lou Mongello

Mine is probably a core drill plug puller.

There have been some neat replies in this topic, I look forward to seeing the scan of Lous box when he finds it (I'm assuming it was from the Tobacconists shop on Main Street, yes? ). Beth's name tag would be neat to see. I know there are various styles of nametags that have been used over the years and in various locations. As for Sam's item what in the heck is a core drill plag puller.

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    I guess my most bizarre souvenir is the WDW canvas moneybag used to carry the days sales to the office at EPCOT.(SHH don't tell or the WDW police might come after me ) I used to use it as a laundry bag. It had WDW in pink on the side. I am pretty sure I still have it in a box under the stairs'

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Core drill - the holes in the sidewalk drilled out for stanchions.

Plug Puller - pulls the plug out of them.

It's actually a ballpoint pen cap (like from a Bic). With a small hole drilled across the top, and a keychain ring through it. You use the "clip" from the pen to stick the plug and pull it out.

Found it on the pavement one day... The plastic was worn down from use, doesn't work too well anymore, it seems.

OK, here is the cigar box i was talking about. The seal is dated 1971.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is your most Bizarre WDW souvenir-disneycigar1.jpg   What is your most Bizarre WDW souvenir-disneycigar2.jpg   What is your most Bizarre WDW souvenir-disneycigar3.jpg  
    Lou Mongello

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    wow i cant believe they used to sell cigars at the magic kingdom! how cool!

Yes Judy,
    Not only did they sell Cigars there was a whole store devoted to Tobacco procucts on Main Street, the Tobbaconists shop. I'm thinking they even had a wooden Indian outside (As one might have been seen outside a real turn-of -the century tobbaco shop). I imagine now there are probably few places on property that even hand out matchbooks, though this used to be a common giveaway, and many vitage mathcbooks from WDW can still be found on ebay (I have some serches in the paper categories on ebay looking for Disney postcards and the like and sometimes get WDW, Epcot, Lake Buena Vista, ect.. matchbooks in with my search results). I've never looked for cigar boxes though.

The Indian's still there...

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I, too, have one of those bizarre looking souvenirs like the one Brian posted a picture of. I wish I could post pictures!

It's a 5x7 inch day-glo orange ceramic dish with a wooden-type engraving of Cinderella's Castle in the center. Someone gave it to me. I can't imagine anyone actually spending money on this thing!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast